“One of the nicer campgrounds I've been to.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eureka
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My wife and three daughters (3-, 5- and 7-year-olds) camped in a tent the end of July for three nights here. It was great! We were allowed to choose our own tent site. We were just a short walk from the pool (which was crystal clean) and from the public shower and restrooms (cleaned at least once a day). Very kid-friendly facilities and staff.

The location of the campground is pretty good, too. Just off I-44, it's just 20-30 minutes from downtown St. Louis and literally next door to Six Flags.

If you like to camp in a tent, and you're going to be in St. Louis, this is the place for you.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

This was our first trip to a Jellystone park (St, Louis, MO). We figured that it would be a little hokey, which it was. However, our daughter is only 3 and she absolutely loved it, which, in the end, is all that mattered to us! We stayed in a cottage for two nights. I think that the $150/night price is overkill, but we wanted our own bathroom and after visiting the public showers/bathrooms, I'm glad we rented the cottage! All in all, it was cheesy fun, but we probably won't make another visit unless they lower their prices. Based on their ammenities, they really can't justify any of the prices, whether you're renting a campsite or a cottage.

Reviewed July 27, 2009

Please, please take my advise. I read the crappy reviews a lot of us had but thought I would take my chances. I was so disappointed. The bathrooms were filthy. We ended up at the worst site in the place, right at the intersection of the campground. It was loud and annoying with no privacy. They ended up double charging my account which she claims will take up to two weeks for the refund to go through. Then they charged me $5 per night, per person over our 2 adults. I didn't realize the rates quoted where for 2 people so it ended up costing me 59.99 per night using our pop-up. I could have got a hotel for that in which I could have allowed my cheeks to breach the toilet seat. DISGUSTINGLY OVERPRICED - don't give them business

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Let me start off by saying we arrived at the campground just before closing, meaning almost 11 pm. Everything went well giving up my money which for the three nights came to a total 726.00. I am not from this area so the next day I went to find out what would be the best deal for the six flags tickets. I went to a couple stores and they where charging 31.00 for the tickets. Jellystone was charging 29.00 so this would save me a few dollars I thought....... We were only allowed to use our tickets once. The staff at six flags informed my family and I we had bought 7 free tickets for 226.00. Once Iearned I would have to purchase more tickets for six flags the next day we no longer wanted to stayed at Jellystone. We had been deceived enough. Guess what we where told we could not get money back for the extra night we didn't want to stay.

Reviewed July 19, 2008

This Jellystone is nice if you go knowing what to expect. If you read their website carefully & view their pics, there will be no surprises! We stayed in a 2 bdrm cottage for 2 nights. It was clean, no bugs, VERY clean linens and comfortable beds. The children's room is VERY small--like a boat bedroom! But my kids loved it! The only problem we encountered was hot water. There was not enough for over 2 people to bathe/shower. We are a family of 5...there is a public shower house but we paid extra to have private restroom and the staff wasn't simpathetic of this at checkout. The maintenance man however was VERY hardworking in trying to improve the situation and worked until 11 pm on it. If you do decide to use the public restrooms, I did check them out--they were very clean/modern and well stocked w/ soap/paper towels. My cottage was well stocked w/ clean towels/kitchen utensils (which weren't so clean) but I washed them myself. It is true the cottages are VERY close so plan on meeting people. We really liked our neighbors but then we are talkers! The pool was CRYSTAL clear and perfect temp...not sure why someone said it was green? Not so, and I was there the same week as them. This place is for 10 and under tops... My 11 yr old was not as thrilled as my 6 & 8 yr. olds were about the activities which included train rides, ceramic painting, a public smore roast, waking Yogi bear up in the mornings, an ice cream social, a lightstick parade, and a pancake breakfast each a.m!!! The pancakes were awful--very tough but the cook was so nice/pleasant we didnt' want to hurt his feelings-working hard. The gift shop is well stocked and had minimal survival items...heavy on the junk...could have used more eggs/milk...supplies etc. There is an arcade which all the kids loved. Mini Golf is only 9 holes so not long....but Six Flags is literally RIGHT next door! Overall we enjoyed our stay, but 2 nights was enough!! We would definately come back!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank robinseggs
Reviewed July 11, 2008

We recently spent two nights at Jellystone park as a part of a girls weekend. There were six of us and we rented a "cabin" that slept 6 people and it was adequate. Be aware that the bunk bed room is the size of a walk in closet. It would be fine for young children only. There is a futon in the living room and a full bed in the back bedroom. As previous reviewers mentioned the cabins are very close together so don't expect privacy. The younger kids loved the train, pool and minature golf. I would not recommend this for kids over the age of 12. The activites are geared for younger children. It is not overly pricey but make sure you get a clear idea of what the nighly rate is before you arrive. We had a bit of a problem with the rate at check in, but they adjusted it after some discussion. The park is less than 5 minutes from six flags and about 20 minutes from St. Louis.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Booked a cabin and had no idea it did not have a bathroom. Called and they were good enough to move us to a cottage. I am not a camper so this trip was all about the kids.
They loved the pool, loved the store and game rooms although for the price golf and rides should have been included like I was told when I called, they were not. Volley ball was a nightmare as kids put up a twenty dollar deposit on the ball and two hits later it was down the road and bouncing into a ravine. They need a better net as any hit out is going to send that ball flying downhill. The rooms were spotless although bring your own soap and shampoo. Beds were awesome, I want a topper for home. Good now that I understand that it is a camp and not a hotel.Staff excellent.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!