“Nice for a long weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eureka
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed in the deluxe cabin over Labor Day weekend. It was great. My family/extended family rented 2 cabins and they put us right next door to each other. There were fun Activities for all. It was Death by Chocolate weekend and we played Chocolate bingo, did crafts and had a great time. Everyone in our group loved it.
One thing to keep in mind, these are just cabins at a camp grounds facility! They are NOT 5 Star, ultra fancy deluxe hotel rooms. They are small cabins with full kitchens. I wouldn't sleep more than 4 people to a cabin as they are tiny. That said, we LOVED it!
We never heard any noise or partying anytime during the night or day. There was a dance with live music Sunday night, we didn't attend, but we could faintly hear the music back at our cabin.
In our party we had 2 grandparents @ 65 years old, 4 people @ 40 years old and a 10 year old and a 13 year old. Each one of us had a GREAT time!

Room Tip: Deluxe cabins have satelite!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zip2play
cdhorsetraining, web management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. We truly enjoy hearing about the themes and activities. Glad you braved the rain and hope you join us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our party consisted of 4 adults and 2 small children. We stayed in what they advertised as a "deluxe cottage". It was so small, and given that it was 105` everyday it was very hot in our unit. The tiny porch was in full sun all day and not very useful. For the price we paid I could have gotten 2 rooms at the holiday inn and everyone could have been comfortable. On the brighter side, the kids loved thier visit from Yogi...they enjoyed the pool and the staff was very friendly and effecient. There was confusion at check in about the final total after my initial payment and I did end up paying more than I think I should have, but after a 10 hour drive, I didn;t have much of an argument. Don't think we will stay at this particular location again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
cdhorsetraining, Web Management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving feedback. We pride ourselfs on our friendly staff, and having a place where the whole family can have fun. We will look into things we can do to make check in more smooth for the future. I can assure that we would never over charge with intent, and if somthing like this happened we would fix it right away. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope you join us again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I gave this park 3 tries. It is fun for the kids and has the potential to be family oriented however all 3 camp outs we wind up right across the street from the cottages aka party central. Drunks stumbling everywhere, in our campsite even. Loud and obnoxious. Our most recent trip had a group of well over 50 people renting the entire row of cottages awake hooping and hollering past 2 am. We called on them yet nothing was done to quiet them. The lady running the kids golf tournament was terrible with children and had her rounds yelling at every child at least once. We tried telling her they were just little kids youngest being 3 yr olds but that didn't change her level of patients. Campsites are very small, the park is dirty, and events are rather lame. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrnMrsgogo
cdhorsetraining, Web Management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Here at Eureka Jellystone we offer many different types of sites in many different areas of the park. The stay your referring to would have been durring a wedding party that we had allowed here at the park. We had a few complaints about the noise level and we did speak with them on the matter. They complied and the rest of there stay was respectable. I am so sorry that this was your experience here at Jellystone Park, I would be more than happy to speak with you on this matter and hope that you give me a call. Again thank you for your feedback and please call if I can be of any help.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

it was okay made more for parents with little ones, for the cost of deluxe cabin is wat over price for the space 2cd room made for very small children, doubt i will stay again if with my teenagers not really much for them to do except swim, also we lost power for over 5 hours and facalty did not come check on anyone nor offered candles for familys to see i heard little children crying because they were scared because they couldn't see and no back up generators not good nor did they even seem to care at least you would have thought they could do something to make it better after no power even free pancakes at least but not happening should have stay at holiday inn

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank booboo1965
cdhorsetraining, Web management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your feed back. I am very sorry that you had to experience the power outage. It was an unfortunate situation that 13,000+ people were out of power including all the local hotels in Pacific and Eureka, but we are at the mercy of the energy company. The Ranger Staion and General Store hours are 7 am to 11pm, 7 days a week. There was very little that could have been done on our end to get the power back to the park. A back up generator big enough to run a 40 acre park is unfortunatly not an option for us. The General Manager did come in and stay over night to help with branch clean up and tree down situations. I am sorry that we could not offer you free pancake breakfast because it is ran by an outside vender, I hope that when you stay in the future we are able to make your stay more comfortable. Again Thank you for your feed back, and your stay with us.

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Jellystone is by far not new. My parents took me there when I was little and now I am taking my daughter! It is well maintained. Our campsite was very unlevel though and was a nightmare to level. The staff even helped with that! They have planned activities for the kids, a pool, playground and miniature golf. However I was more impressed with the staff in the Rangers Office. It was raining the day we planned on going to Six Flags and the staff didn't want our trip ruined so they came up with other activities for us to do that day and we went to Six Flags the following day. We were checking out that following day but they said we could leave our camper in their parking lot while we enjoyed Six Flags (we ended up taking our camper, eating lunch in it and changing clothes to go to Hurricane Harbor). Jellystone had discounted tickets for Six Flags too! If you do their 3day special you can get free tickets to Six Flags.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Kimberly G
cdhorsetraining, web management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for the feed back. We are looking into ways to make RV sites more level and ways for us to help guest in the process. We appreciate you and hope we can serve you and your family in the future for many years to come.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a recent weekend at Jellystone Park in Eureka, MO. We are parents of young children (almost 3 and almost 1), and they seemed to really enjoy it. I'll first start out with the pros and then list a few cons.

PROS:

Very friendly staff. Upon check-in and check-out, the girls working in the Ranger Station were very friendly and helpful. So was every other staff member we encountered (train driver, guy who took us to wake up Yogi, girl who worked in store).

The pool was decent size, seemed clean, and had a lot of places to sit. We all had a good time at the pool.

A lot of activities for the kids. Train rides, waking up Yogi, arts and crafts, arcade, mini golf.

We stayed in a cottage and really enjoyed having A/C, a nice bed to sleep in, kitchen, TV, etc.. but especially the bathroom. The bedroom and the bathroom were really nice. Was pretty surprising.

CONS:

Small campsites and you feel packed in like sardines. I was cooking on my grill and the lady in the cottage next door to me was literally 8 feet away on her porch. It's like this throughout the resort. This place attracts a ton of people and most of the campsites, cottages are full.

Our cottage was dirty. Our 11 month old crawled around the floor since she is not quite walking yet, and after about 30 minutes, she looked like she had been crawling around in the firepit. Not just dirt, but she was black... almost looked like soot. The futon cover was very worn and dirty too. I understand this is a camp resort, and I've camped a lot and usually in tents, but if you are paying $160 / night - I expect them to mop the floor! I shared this with staff upon checkout and she was surprised but said she'd talk to the cleaning girls.

Overpriced - As mentioned before - the deluxe cottage was way over-priced. It was a neat experience and we wanted something a little different to do with the kids, but thought the price was high- especially considering it wasn't that clean. Also seems like they 'nickel and dime' you. they charged us (adults) $3+ to ride the little train around the park... kids under 3 were free, so thankful for that. Thing that stunk is that they didn't even ask for the receipt so we didn't even have to pay! All of the arts and crafts require you to go into the overpriced general store and purchase items to do the crafts.

All in all, wasn't that bad, wasn't that great - just average. If our kids were a little older, it might have been better - but the sleeping arrangements and lack of cleanliness kind of put a damper on things.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 1travelinman

Thank you so much for staying with us! We pride ourselves on being helpful and I am so glad to hear that the staff treated you well. We also pride ourselves on making everyone's stay as fun and enjoyable as it can be. I am sorry that the sites were not as large as we would all like them to be, but we do feel that the enviroment that is provided here should make any stay a great one. I also wanted to let you know we looked into the cleanliness of the cottages and cabins and have made a few changes to the cleaning program. We hope that we get the chance to have you join us again!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My review will cover both the cottages, which part of our group stayed in, and the actual camp sites, which my family stayed on. First, I must say, all of the kids had a great time. The pool area was very nice and there were planned activities throughout the weekend. This was a holiday weekend, though, so I'm not sure that they always have the planned activities.

Please be aware that when you arrive, they will tack on $5 per person for everyone in your group over age 3 if you have more than 2 people. This is in addition to they high prices you are already paying for the cottages or campsites and can make your stay quite a bit more expensive if you have more than 2 people in your group. Also, the mini-golf and mini-train cost money, which I felt should have been free based on what we had to pay just to stay there.

The campsites are very very small, not what we are used to. Please be aware that they provide a 10x13 pad, which is a flat pebble-filled box, to pitch your tent on. There is really no space outside of that box to put a tent due to the small area and the terrain (rocky, hilly, tree-covered). This will pose problems for anyone with a very large tent or multiple tents. Because this entire place is located on a big hill right off of the service road, you will hear highway traffic and trains (railroad tracks on other side of highway), all through the night while tent camping, which will make it incredibly hard to sleep. Pack light, because these sites are seriously small. They are shaded, so it won't be necessary to bring a canopy.

The deluxe cottages are nice and great for kids, but there are some things you need to know. There is one queen or double bed that is suitable for adults, the rest of your party needs to be children, the smaller the better. the bunk beds are packed in the room floor to cieling, and some of them are shorter than normal bunk-beds, making them unsuitable for teenagers. There is very little space for parking, so carpool as best as you can. There is no yard, there is a wooded cliff on the back side of the cottages (so watch kids and pets) and there is gravel in front to park vehicles, with a very small round fire ring built into the ground and a charcoal grill.

If you are staying on an RV site, you will have some major trouble parking, especially if you have a large RV, as these sites are very small and packed in. There is barely any space at all between the short and narrow RV sites and most have a cliff on the backside of the drive, so be careful.

Unless your children are very young (4 and under) I would not both with the "train" ride. My son, who just turned 7, and some of the other kids said it was stupid and a waste of time. It makes one little loop around one area of the resort, so not really much to see. When they do have activities, it will usually cost you. For example, they had ceramic painting one day, but you had to go in their gift shop and pick out a blank ceramic figure to purchase and then they provide the paints.

This place is nice if you plan on going to Six Flags since it's right next door (can't walk, about 2.25 miles from gate to gate and have to cross a busy intersection). Six Flags charges $15 for parking, so it would be really nice if Jellystone would add a free shuttle. This place is nice for a group of little kids, but some older kids might find it lame. This place is fun for a weekend, but anything beyond that and you'll be bored.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lotekgirl

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!