“Staff was wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eureka
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
“Staff was wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Jellystone is by far not new. My parents took me there when I was little and now I am taking my daughter! It is well maintained. Our campsite was very unlevel though and was a nightmare to level. The staff even helped with that! They have planned activities for the kids, a pool, playground and miniature golf. However I was more impressed with the staff in the Rangers Office. It was raining the day we planned on going to Six Flags and the staff didn't want our trip ruined so they came up with other activities for us to do that day and we went to Six Flags the following day. We were checking out that following day but they said we could leave our camper in their parking lot while we enjoyed Six Flags (we ended up taking our camper, eating lunch in it and changing clothes to go to Hurricane Harbor). Jellystone had discounted tickets for Six Flags too! If you do their 3day special you can get free tickets to Six Flags.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Kimbosue
cdhorsetraining, web management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for the feed back. We are looking into ways to make RV sites more level and ways for us to help guest in the process. We appreciate you and hope we can serve you and your family in the future for many years to come.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a recent weekend at Jellystone Park in Eureka, MO. We are parents of young children (almost 3 and almost 1), and they seemed to really enjoy it. I'll first start out with the pros and then list a few cons.

PROS:

Very friendly staff. Upon check-in and check-out, the girls working in the Ranger Station were very friendly and helpful. So was every other staff member we encountered (train driver, guy who took us to wake up Yogi, girl who worked in store).

The pool was decent size, seemed clean, and had a lot of places to sit. We all had a good time at the pool.

A lot of activities for the kids. Train rides, waking up Yogi, arts and crafts, arcade, mini golf.

We stayed in a cottage and really enjoyed having A/C, a nice bed to sleep in, kitchen, TV, etc.. but especially the bathroom. The bedroom and the bathroom were really nice. Was pretty surprising.

CONS:

Small campsites and you feel packed in like sardines. I was cooking on my grill and the lady in the cottage next door to me was literally 8 feet away on her porch. It's like this throughout the resort. This place attracts a ton of people and most of the campsites, cottages are full.

Our cottage was dirty. Our 11 month old crawled around the floor since she is not quite walking yet, and after about 30 minutes, she looked like she had been crawling around in the firepit. Not just dirt, but she was black... almost looked like soot. The futon cover was very worn and dirty too. I understand this is a camp resort, and I've camped a lot and usually in tents, but if you are paying $160 / night - I expect them to mop the floor! I shared this with staff upon checkout and she was surprised but said she'd talk to the cleaning girls.

Overpriced - As mentioned before - the deluxe cottage was way over-priced. It was a neat experience and we wanted something a little different to do with the kids, but thought the price was high- especially considering it wasn't that clean. Also seems like they 'nickel and dime' you. they charged us (adults) $3+ to ride the little train around the park... kids under 3 were free, so thankful for that. Thing that stunk is that they didn't even ask for the receipt so we didn't even have to pay! All of the arts and crafts require you to go into the overpriced general store and purchase items to do the crafts.

All in all, wasn't that bad, wasn't that great - just average. If our kids were a little older, it might have been better - but the sleeping arrangements and lack of cleanliness kind of put a damper on things.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 1travelinman
Thank you so much for staying with us! We pride ourselves on being helpful and I am so glad to hear that the staff treated you well. We also pride ourselves on making everyone's stay as fun and enjoyable as it can be. I am sorry that the sites were not as large as we would all like them to be, but we do feel that the enviroment that is provided here should make any stay a great one. I also wanted to let you know we looked into the cleanliness of the cottages and cabins and have made a few changes to the cleaning program. We hope that we get the chance to have you join us again!
Saint Charles, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

My review will cover both the cottages, which part of our group stayed in, and the actual camp sites, which my family stayed on. First, I must say, all of the kids had a great time. The pool area was very nice and there were planned activities throughout the weekend. This was a holiday weekend, though, so I'm not sure that they always have the planned activities.

Please be aware that when you arrive, they will tack on $5 per person for everyone in your group over age 3 if you have more than 2 people. This is in addition to they high prices you are already paying for the cottages or campsites and can make your stay quite a bit more expensive if you have more than 2 people in your group. Also, the mini-golf and mini-train cost money, which I felt should have been free based on what we had to pay just to stay there.

The campsites are very very small, not what we are used to. Please be aware that they provide a 10x13 pad, which is a flat pebble-filled box, to pitch your tent on. There is really no space outside of that box to put a tent due to the small area and the terrain (rocky, hilly, tree-covered). This will pose problems for anyone with a very large tent or multiple tents. Because this entire place is located on a big hill right off of the service road, you will hear highway traffic and trains (railroad tracks on other side of highway), all through the night while tent camping, which will make it incredibly hard to sleep. Pack light, because these sites are seriously small. They are shaded, so it won't be necessary to bring a canopy.

The deluxe cottages are nice and great for kids, but there are some things you need to know. There is one queen or double bed that is suitable for adults, the rest of your party needs to be children, the smaller the better. the bunk beds are packed in the room floor to cieling, and some of them are shorter than normal bunk-beds, making them unsuitable for teenagers. There is very little space for parking, so carpool as best as you can. There is no yard, there is a wooded cliff on the back side of the cottages (so watch kids and pets) and there is gravel in front to park vehicles, with a very small round fire ring built into the ground and a charcoal grill.

If you are staying on an RV site, you will have some major trouble parking, especially if you have a large RV, as these sites are very small and packed in. There is barely any space at all between the short and narrow RV sites and most have a cliff on the backside of the drive, so be careful.

Unless your children are very young (4 and under) I would not both with the "train" ride. My son, who just turned 7, and some of the other kids said it was stupid and a waste of time. It makes one little loop around one area of the resort, so not really much to see. When they do have activities, it will usually cost you. For example, they had ceramic painting one day, but you had to go in their gift shop and pick out a blank ceramic figure to purchase and then they provide the paints.

This place is nice if you plan on going to Six Flags since it's right next door (can't walk, about 2.25 miles from gate to gate and have to cross a busy intersection). Six Flags charges $15 for parking, so it would be really nice if Jellystone would add a free shuttle. This place is nice for a group of little kids, but some older kids might find it lame. This place is fun for a weekend, but anything beyond that and you'll be bored.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lotekgirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 2 boys (ages 3 and 1) and I stayed for mothers day. We had such a good time! The staff was extremely friendly even when I called and made reservations! We stayed in the deluxe cottage. Perfect for our family! I thought they were clean. I hate the negative reviews on here. It's camping people if you want something luxurious go to a hotel!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank franklinttjt
cdhorsetraining, Web management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for spending time with us! We really apprecate feed the back. We pride ourselfs on great customer service and a friendly staff. Thank you so much again for the feed back and we hope that you can stay with us again.
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Campground is nice and clean. Pool, playground, mini golf was enjoyable. I understand its camping, but the cabins to rent were disgusting. It looks clean, but the floors are covered in dirt, its like they havent taken a broom or mop to the floors, ever. Feet/socks were constantly black from the floors. Not enough sheets, blankets, or pillows to accomadate the sleeping persons the cabins claim they can provide. Other than that, staff was nice. Went over mothers day and offered a free breakfast, which did not include a drink. Come on now!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
cdhorsetraining, Web Management at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for staying wth us. We appreciate your feed back. All of our Cottages do have bedding provided for the beds we provide. We do not provide extra bedding for additional sleeping arangements, such as blow up air beds that guests somtimes opt to bring.Our Camping Cabins do not include bedding, you have to provide that for yourself in a Camping Cabin. I want to let you know that our cleaning crew does sweep and mop all floors and we are sorry that this was an issue for you. We did make some changes to our cleaning program and have new policies in place. We had our roads repaired this season and found that a lot of black products from these repairs found their way onto people's shoes and feet. We are again very sorry that this was an issue and hope that in the future this won't be a problem for you. Again thank you so much for your feed back and we hope you join us again.
Eureka, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I took a job flying a private jet out of Spirit of St. Louis airport and rather than live in a furnished studio or some sort of corporate housing I pulled my travel trailer from Colorado and have been in the park just shy of a month. It was the best decision I made. Here are the meat and potatoes. The staff has been very accommodating, I have seen them interact with customers, and from what I have seen, the staff has been courteous, an abundance of trees, very kid oriented environment, clean restrooms, sits up on top of a hill which helps with gnats and skeeters, fire pits and grills, nice pool area, and very close to six flags Bottom line the folks here are down to earth, the views are nice, there is a Wal-Mart very close by, when busy the Eureka PD patrols the park, and the biggest plus in my opinion is you are west of the city so you do not have the climate you would have in the St. Louis city limits.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James R
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy that you have noticed so many nice things about our resort. We really appreciate the Local Police Department coming through the park many times daily, and over night to make sure everyone is safe. So heres a big thanks to the Eureka Police Dep. We appreciate your great feed back and giving our future guest the meat and potatoes of the park... Thanks again.
JACKSONVILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We just stayed the weekend here (April 2012). It's nice, but I wouldn't want to be there when it's full! The staff was really nice and the place was kept up nicely. The bathrooms weren't scary at all. The train was fun for the kids and waking up Yogi was fun. I am guessing that 99.5% of the kids don't know who Yogi is, but they don't care. It's still fun. They have free activities but somehow we missed them. The crafts they charge for are pretty expensive! The Boo Boo bracelet is a good deal. We stayed in a camping cabin, and I must say when I first walked in I thought "Really? This is what I paid for?" It served it's purpose, but it's not very impressive. One plastic outdoor chair, a desk made out of plywood, and bunk beds stacked to the ceiling. They could really stand to paint the underside of the underside of the bunk beds. There were some words that I had to explain to my young children! There is a full size fridge and then TV gets quite a few channels. The first day I was dreading spending any time at the cabin, but it got better. The cabin was clean, but I would have felt better if I could have cleaned it again with little kids climbing all over the place. The rustic camping is basically camping on a hill where you hope it doesn't rain. I wouldn't want to pull a very big camper in here either. Overall, it's a nice place, but during the busy times you will be packed in like sardines!

Room Tip: The cottages are nicer than the cabins and worth the extra money.