“Service was Appalling”

Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The first dissapointment was finding out we were booked on the 3rd floor and no elevator. The receptionist was snarky and just said did you know this was built in the 1980's that's why there's no elevator. (How dumb an answer was that since elevators have been around since the 19th century.) My husband has COPD and there was no way he could make the stairs even without luggage. They miraculously found us a room on the lower level with just a short flight of stairs. The bed was comfortable and the water pressur in the shower was excellent. The first day we left to go exploring and came back mid-afternoon to freshen up and change for a night out. Our room had not been cleaned - and neither was be daughter and son-in-laws room. We asked that the rooms be cleaned while we were out. Breakfast leftovers and dishes were still on the table when we got back (we had to take our breakfast to our room as there were only a few tables in the breakfast are and they were full both mornings we were there. The wi-fi had a spotty connection and was pretty much unusable. Never again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Thank Crystal D. W
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Although the location was easy to access and suitable for our trip, it's obvious this hotel is over used and it shows. It really is just tired. The breakfast needs sprucing up as well as the breakfast area. There was limited contact with staff so it's difficult to comment in that. It just needs a facelift.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

1980 feel, with big old tv and wall air conditioner and noisy. Advertied on sign that the pool was opened, but it was closed. Will not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family and I stayed two nights at the Super 8 in Eureka,Mo.last Fri and Sat which was Sept 20 and 21 so we could be 2.5 miles from my son's wedding and reception at the Eureka Community Center.After driving 842 miles from Texas the last thing I wanted to do was stay in St.Louis and have to drive back and forth.I had read reviews about the hotel that were not flattering.The first thing at check in was we encountered a very friendly and helpful front lobby clerk who was from Eureka and she gave me great directions to the rehersal dinner.The next morning my 14 year old daughter and wife had breakfast at the hotel before going to bridesmaid things my daughter needed to do.They loved the wafles and my wife enjoyed the fresh.hot coffee while I slept in.Our room was clean and so what if the furnishings were not brand new.Alot of families stay there to be close to 6 Flags and there was even an outdoor pool which probably gets alot of use in the summer when people come in from a hot,tiring day at 6 Flags.Next door (I walked)to Lions Choice and had lunch when I woke up.I encountered a friendly maid in the hall who spoke to me first and made me feel welcome.I enjoy going to places to shop,eat ,or stay where they make me fel welcome!Later that day I needed an iron and an ironing board to press my shirt and I got that at the front desk from another friendly clerk.The price was a bargain and the service was much better than I have gotten at big city fancy hotels.Thank you Super 8 in Eureka,MO.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry

Been to Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby? Share your experiences!