“You Get What you Pay For”

Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Eureka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Tried to avoid super 8 motels as not read many good thing, however, pleasantly surprised. I think you get what you pay for and this motel was certainly cheap. The room was adequate but could have done with a good makeover, but it was clean. Shower, again needed updating. Overall experience was pleasant enough and would use this chain again,knowing now what to expect

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked this hotel off Kayak. I read that it wan't new or up to date but I didn't care. We go camping all the time and I figured a hotel had to be better than some of the places we camed. WRONG! We walked into an overwhelming smell of mold.The bathroom had black in and around the tub. The vent= mold. The bed I slept in had a HUGE yellow stain right next to my face. The sheets were dry rotted so the fitted sheet would not stay on the bed. We tried to turn on the A/C but there was an overwhelming smell of fire so we turned that off. People above us must have been practicing for an Irish Jig tournament the next day and nothing seemed to be done about it.The staff was both very nice and rude depending on who you were talking to. I would reccomend spending extra money and not stay here even though it was way cheep.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any good rooms....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Room had a musty smell when first entered but that disappeared once the a/c was turned on. Staff was friendly and location was conveniently located to Six Flags. Discount tickets for Six Flags are available at the counter, saved me $16 per person compared to the gate price.

• Stayed July 2012
super8eureka, front desk at Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We strive to be as helpful to people as possible. All our guests like the fact we are close to the amusement park.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The building itself was run down. Needs a good power wash or a nice fresh paint job. But I tried to overlook hoping it was just an old building. The first room was dirty. The floor had not been vacuumed or the tables dusted. I again tried to overlook because it was a fairly cheap price and kept telling myself it is an old building in desperate need of a facelift. The bathroom did not have any toilet paper ( we had to request this along with towels) BUT I could not stay in a room where there was a used maxi pad on the top shelf in the bathroom. We were moved to another room after much yelling. The hotel cleaning staff do not wear any type of uniforms so you don't know who is a staff or guest. The 2nd room was somewhat cleaner and I use somewhat loosley. The free breakfast is out of date cake donuts with 1 gallon of milk and some bad waffle batter and a waffle iron with no cooking spray to keep the waffles from sticking. I have stayed at several different Super 8's in different places and this was by far the worse. I will think twice before staying at another.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank TLHR
super8eureka, front desk clerk. at Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
This was an oversight by the housekeeper and an apology was issued for that oversight. It is not intention in anyway to overlook something as that. We do strive to please our guest anyway that we can. We did change the guest to another room and some money was issued back as a way to work with this guest and to let them know we recognize the displeasure.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2012

basic hotel, cheap and clean.. no frills, small room ,.small bathroom.. BUT, compared to ANYTHING else in the area and the price is almost unbeatable (however, i wouldnt stay in the cheaper ones)... it is really "next door" to 6 Flags, offers tickets for there for 38$ no tax... we paid 253$ for 3 nights , plenty of places in the area to eat.. and why pay 130+ a night for the holiday inn when all we did was sleep... never were really in the room so it didnt matter to us as long as it was clean and our room was perfect.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby? Share your experiences!