“Older model Style Super 8”

Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Older model Style Super 8”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Check in desk staff very helpful. The room was below average with a stained fiberglass/plastic bathtub and dirty carpet. Towels were thin. Sheets were thin. This is one of the older style hotels, three floors, with no elevators. Breakfast area was under construction. We were on the front, facing I-44 and railroad and the trains could be heard during the night. The hotel is about 3-4 blocks from Six Flags.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

I thought this was a pretty decent hotel. The only thing i didnt like was that the room was a little stuffy when we entered it. It did have a microwave and fridge, and was clean. Its only a block away from Six flags park. Thats mainly why we choose this hotel. The rate was good, and the service was great. I asked the front desk person at like midnite for a new set of sheets...not because i thought the ones in the room were dirty, but just cuz i'm paranoid. She was the managers wife i believe, and she was very friendly about it. Most people would have been insulted i think. The breakfast was pretty basic, just waffles, cereal, and simple things. However, there are tons of restraunts located on that drive, including walmart and other department stores. Overall, i would say this is a good place to stay if your coming in to go to the park . the best part is we went the first day in the evening and it was packed. But when we went the next morning we were the first ones there and got to ride almost all the rides with no wait. Many of them we didn't even have to get off of.!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I generally had a bad experience. This is a very inexpensive motel but they could do better. The place needs better upkeep (at least) and general remodeling might help. The location next to Six Flags is good but being next to I-44 and a major railroad line means you are assaulted by the sound of trucks and trains all night. The bed was uncomfortable. Cable TV worked but didn't match the channel listing. Not enough electrical outlets. The lady at the front desk was nice and helpful. The housekeeping, not so much (I guess that's who he was). I didn't eat the breakfast. I hate giving bad reviews but this place needs help.

Room Tip: Keep looking
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
shelby, iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

This place is an absolute dive. I almost would rather sleep in my car. ICK is the only word that comes to mind! The room really smells horrible, there is hair in the tub that isnt mine and the beds sag at least six inches in the middle. The pool was empty.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank aimless1963
Columbia, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here one night. I booked for two, but by the time I woke up on the second day, it was decided that I could not sleep in that king bed with three standard pillows again. I ached and cramped all day long. The room was bare minimum, but that is what you get for a $40/ night hotel. No washcloths at all. Two threadbare towels in differing sizes. Shower fixtures that are pitted with rust and need to be replaced. The outdoor pool was open and looked nice, but it was a cold/rainy day. On the morning of day two, I booked my second night at the Wildwood Center Boutique Hotel just 10-15 min away up Hwy 100. Trust me. Make the drive to Wildwood. It is not that far. We went onto hotels.com and got a night there for $36 more than the Super 8's rate. I guarantee you, you will be pleasantly surprised. Who knew luxury could be had for just $36 more?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweetypuppy
Dixon, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We are six flags season pass holders and we live two hours away. So in the summer we spend many weekends in a hotel. We really enjoy the location of this property. It is not a super fancy place, but we have always found the rooms to be clean. The staff is accomadating. My children love the pool, arcade, game area. I would only have 2 complaints that would be that the price changes very rapidly. I have stayed at this hotel for $36.00 a night, and I have stayed at $52.00. It's a bargain at $36.00 and a waste at $52.00 when you can an exit down and pay $52.00 for the Holiday Inn Express in Fenton (which is a much nicer Hotel). I do however check the prices every time we head that direction, I sometimes am excited and sometimes I think they are unjustifiably proud. I personally wouldn't pay much more than $40.00 a night. The staff are 'ok', they aren't rude just not overly excited either.
Once again a great place at $36.00, a waste at $52.00.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HollieShaugh
Gainesville, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I arrived with a confirmed reservation for a Queen Double room and were told they had no doubles available. I was offered 2 singles at the standard price for two. Was told they were overbooked by 7 rooms that night. Front desk clerk was rude, no offer to help me find a double at another location or even an apology. I would never stay there. When I called Super 8 main office 3 hours later my reservation had still not been cancelled.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Super 8 Eureka/Six Flags Nearby? Share your experiences!