“FUN, FUN, FUN!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eminence
River's Edge Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Eminence B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My friend and I visited River's Edge for a float trip down the Jacks Fork River Since our last visit, there have been several improvements. It is VERY apparent that the owners and staff take much pride in their business. While the pricing is somewhat more expensive than surrounding facilities, the standards of excellence certainly is worth the small expense. They offer camping cabins to 3-bedroom condos and everything in-between. It is a GREAT place for families to come without having to worry about rowdy, behavior from other guests. The owners will not allow unacceptable behavior to bother their guests. River's Edge is conveniently located on the river with great beaches and is directly across the river from canoe, kayak, raft and tube rentals. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank dixietravelstead

Reviewed July 28, 2010

My wife and I have loved River's Edge since we first stayed there around 14 years ago (we've been married 14 years). We try to go at least once each year, no matter where in the world we live. Now we've hooked our daughter and other members of the next generation, so make your reservation now--it'll be crowded in the coming years. :-) The reason I put 4 instead of 5 on a couple of the accomodations ratings is: it's not Singapore, Thailand, or California, it's rural Missouri, only so much luxury is available. This family place is the best place in town, in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways park, in our opinions. See Alley Springs, Big Spring, Blue Spring; after we're all gone, these will still pump anywhere from 30 million to 300 million gallons of cold water into the Jack's Fork and Current Rivers every. single. day. For me, the springs are part of why this is a magical place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank ShawnfromChicago
Reviewed July 28, 2010

As tent campers/floaters, we would float by in our younger years and dream of staying at this location. Our dream came true, my husband and I have been staying at River's Edge Resort for the past 14 years.

When we lived in St. Louis, we frequented River's Edge Resort two to four times a year. After moving to Chicago, we made a trip at least once a year. After living in China for three years, we visited Eminence, staying at River's Edge Resort, within a week of returning to the USA.

We have stayed in almost every type of room from the two bedroom suite to the camper cabins. The property is clean, relaxing, family oriented, and beautiful. The owners are welcoming and warm.

The area has many natural springs within driving distance of River's Edge Resort...Blue Spring, Big Spring, Alley Spring, and more. Rocky Falls is a nice location for hiking, climbing, and swimming. In addition, there is horseback riding and zip lines available. The best part of the area to me is sitting in the river and enjoying the quiet OR canoeing down the scenic Ozark Mountain River, Jack's Fork.

This location should not be missed and there is no place better to stay than River's Edge Resort.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dschmid4275
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We have been here several times through various seasons; the view of nature is always spectacular due to location right long the river. Our family, especially our 6 year old loved the opportunity to play in the river all day long. (Tube and canoe rental nearby). The resort is always clean, and provides many amenities, i.e, jacuzzi, ping-pong table, etc. You also have a wide variety of lodging from the camping cabins to the hotel like rooms.

Rather short walk into nearby small town of Eminence. Take time to enjoy the local eateries; Margie's for breakfast, The Hideaway for lunch, and the Dairy Shack for desert.

This has become an annual (if not more) gathering place for our friends. It is a little pricey, but well worth it. I would definitely recommend this resort to others, especially those with children. However, it is great for all ages.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank CindyKW62
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I consider myself a picky traveler, and my family and I come back to the River's Edge year after year. The rooms are the cleanest I have stayed in, the view of the river is the best in town, the metal artwork/decorations are like none I've seen before, and the flowers on the grounds are stunning. My children love to play in the river out front, and after a day of floating, there is nothing like sitting by the fire relaxing while the children catch fireflies! The owners are very accommodating and friendly, even sharing the extra veggies from there organic garden in a box by the office. Overall, our favorite place to vacation!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank familyoffour2010016
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I've been going at River's Edge for years now with friends and family; it is very unique with a rustic charm. The rooms are wonderfully clean, the owners are very friendly people (but they don't take crap from people) they have told us crazy stories of owning the lodging business and the people they encounter. The river is farther away than it used to be which is sad but it still has great views of the river and wonderful river access to swim and lay out! The main building is older but each year I come they are updating and improving the place, and the new river cabins are exceptional with the river right out the back door! This place is no Holiday Inn, thank God, so if you want cookie cutter rooms with shiny new everything, this is not the place for you! This is a wonderful place if you know how to appreciate the unique and enjoy getting off the beaten path.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank worldtraveler8081
welltraveledmo, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

This review tells how it is in short order, we are very thankful for your honesty and the flattering review. Sincerely, River's Edge Resort and staff.

Reviewed August 24, 2009

A girl's weekend! We arrived Friday evening about 8:30 pm. We had rented a three-bedroom cabin for Friday & Saturday night (there was a 2-night minimum). Thought it was $717 ... after we arrived, we found out that it was $717 per night ... over $1500 after taxes. That is insane for Eminence, Missouri. The cabin was actually a 'duplex' cabin - one big building with 2 cabins in it. It was pretty large and had a fireplace (BTW you have to buy wood), dining area, and a kitchen. 2 1/2 bathrooms. Also had a small deck. Rustic, nothing really too nice, it was very clean. Beds and pillows were pretty comfortable. Was right on the river and had a fire ring and some lawn chairs outside. But worth $1500 - not in a million years!

The most aggravating part of this trip was the lady at the check-in desk. She was just downright rude and hateful. She acted like we were the first people to question this. But when we were floating on Saturday, we ran into a group of people staying right across the street who said the exact same thing. Thought they were paying $450 for the weekend but it too was per night and to top it off - the master bedroom/bath in their house was locked up - that was an extra couple hundred of dollars to have that unlocked. I told the lady that I was 'in the wrong business'. She smarted right back and said 'yes maam you are'. She told one of the girls in our party that 'she had an attitude.' I don't know how she can stay in business with her attitude!

I did not plan the trip. It was partially that gal's fault for not getting confirmation on the price. But that was no reason for the lady to be so hateful. I would never stay here or ever recommend this place to anyone unless you have a lot of money to just give away. Not so much because of the accommodations (they were acceptable) but because of the price and the lady's hateful attitude.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank CrazyGSLeader
welltraveledmo, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

This reviewer admits to not having the made the reservation and at check in she was told the price and then she became very hateful as the lady that made the resevation was standing next to her said nothing. When a guest makes a reservation we tell them them more than once the price is per night and she was sent a brochure that confirms this also she had visited our website that states this clearly as well. We have been here in this business for over 25 years and we have never had a complaint like this. Most of our guests that stay here leave us with a compliment and say "we will be back!"

Been to River's Edge Resort? Share your experiences!