“Good locale but pricey.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eminence
River's Edge Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Eminence B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was the third time I have stayed at River's Edge. My 2 friends and I have enjoyed these accommodations in the past, and you can't beat the location. The decor is unique, but some updates are needed. There was a "soft spot" on the bathroom floor, maybe due to water damage. A couple of the lamps were a bit sketchy-the "bulb socket" on one was disconnected from the lamp and the shade on another was coming apart. That's unfortunate since all lamps were necessary in such a dark room. Keeping in mind that these rooms see a lot of wear and tear due to river activities, one would expect higher quality considering the price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank travelthor
There are newer reviews for River's Edge Resort

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Eminence is a beautiful community-however- River's Edge was not quite what I'd call a pleasant place to stay. First of all- there's a new bridge and the water is low so, you're actually about 100 yards from the river's edge. That is no fault of the owner so,let's let that go. One is initially welcomed to the establishment by a sign outside the office which reads "don't even think of Parking here." We checked in- one receives a Do's and Don't's lecture. The first thing I noticed about the room was there is no closet nor a chest of draws. Unpacking is not an option. There are but 3 pegs on the wall to hang clothes. there is no easily accessible power outlet. But no need because the wifi doesn't work. Neither our phones, nor laptop nor ipad would connect. When we complained, the owner said it must be " a soft ware problem at our end." When the battery in the smoke alarm needed to be replaced- the owner couldn't determine how to change it so instead he took a pair of wire cutters out and removed it. We also were instructed that coolers like ours leak and therefore we must keep it in the bathtub or outside the room. It was empty. We were thinking about staying longer than we originally booked- we decided not to stay another night- we won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank 56tallweed75
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were scheduled for a two nights stay, in a suite that cost $330 per night. My daughter got sick with the mumps, so we had to leave a day early. There was no consideration whatsoever, for giving us a refund, which under the circumstances I found pretty hardcore. It was not a friendly place, the restuarants in the area either (a) were bad or (b) looked bad. I would not go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ben W
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

We are sorry for anyone that has to leave early because of illness or any other reason. When one checks in here there is a sign that says "no refund for early departure" on our cash register and this common at most lodging businesses. Most people understand the commitment of a reservation. When a party does have to leave early we immediately put the accommodation back on the market to try rent it again. If we do rent it we will refund the guest for an early departure less 20% for a service and rebooking fee. In this instance we unable to rent the suite and it set empty unfortunately.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Rivers Edge Resort is just the place to relax and let your cares float away - as the Jacks Forks River passes refreshing through your senses. It is a laid back get away for anyone wanting to appreciate the wonders of nature. We were entertained by a family of beavers frolicking within our front porch swing view--as well as turtles, geese, ducks, eastern bluebirds, woodpeckers and a panoply of wildlife. The accommodations were lovely as was Lynette and her family including our favorite cats, Jumper and Lucky.
Oh-- to get a taste of spring in the Ozarks!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Giselle_H_Ratain
welltraveledmo, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We sorry for your disappointment we try try our best to accommodate our guests and we do offer free wireless internet for our guests at the main lodge and at the river cabins. This does not include software support for connecting devices. As far as the smoke detector, it was defective and it was removed late in the day to stop the beeping and replaced with new one in the morning.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here for an off-season one-night stay to celebrate our first anniversary. The room was very clean and we liked the rustic decor. There were nice touches such as ceiling fans outside the rooms on the deck. Since it was chilly they were not turned on but I'm sure it's nice in the hot summer. It was just a quick trip for us and we mostly needed a bed for an evening but I believe we'll be booking a room with them again in the future! The only downside was the comfort of the bed and pillows for me, but what's uncomfortable to me may be just right to someone else. I'll bring my own pillow next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sunlovingjen
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Lovely resort on the Jacks Fork River in Eminence. If you want peace and quiet avoid summer weekends. We arrived on Labor Day. We got off season rates. There was just a few other couples. Very nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ploethen
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I searched the internet for some places to stay in Eminence, MO and called River's Edge to check on room availability. The owner told me he had only room #11 and a cabin left. I asked him for the price. He asked what days I would be coming and how many were in my party. He told me the price and I wrote them down to discuss them with my husband. We decided the cabin was too pricey and settled on the room #11. Although it seemed pricey at $169 a weekend night and thirty dollars less on Thursday, we went ahead and booked it. At that time I verified the price of $139 on Thursday night and $169 for Friday and Saturday night with the owner. When I arrived late Thursday night I paid for the room and thought it seemed pricey but had doubted my calculations so I went ahead and paid and went to my room. When I refigured my math we had been charged an additional $20 a night. When I asked the owner about it she could not give me a reason why. At first she thought it was the $20 extra per person they charge over two people. ( I am not sure how an extra towel and shower equal $40 extra per night for my two kids but that is another complaint altogether--the room was set up for 4 people and usually if a hotel charges extra for guest it's due to the fact they serve breakfast. (The charge of $20 extra per person is outrageous). But no, she decided that it didn't add up so she had to get her husband--whom I talked to on the phone when I made the reservation. He did some figuring and finally decided it was an extra charge of $20 they charge for room #11. He said that room was $20 more and that is where I made my calculation mistake. Well, I tried to talk to him and tell him there would be no reason for him to have told me $169 if it was the only room left. Why not say $189? So it was his mistake and not mine. Then they say that the prices were posted on the web site. I never had a reason to check the rates because the owner told me the price on the phone. I took the owner's word for the rate. Apparently these owners never make mistakes and they always write down their quotes in the book--yet suprisingly there was no quote written by my name. I was forced to pay the extra $60+ and was looked down upon by both the owners like I was trying to get to them, when the exact opposite was true. I don't even think the lady knows she is condescending but it comes very natural to her. The icemaker didn't work, there is no on site laundry for all the wet river clothes, the coffee was not filled and when I asked about it, the owner, in a very condenscending tone asked if I had looked under the bathroom sink? Why would I? Who stores coffee under a bathroom sink when the coffee maker is in the living area? When you arrive you find a note that has their "don't "list. It is written in a very hateful tone that turns you off immediately. There are several grammar and spelling errors in it as well. The river is much farther from the room than the name implies - 100 Yards! The cars zooms past so fast and it is merely 8 feet from you door. Even though they say don't let their pets in the doors we had to fight them off to get in the room. We love cats but for some that would be a big problem. My son wanted to play ping pong and the lights were off. There is a sign that says if you want lights on go to the office by 9pm. It was 8:45 and the office was already closed on a Saturday night -- so no ping pong. My son was very dissappointed. To top it all off my swim shoes were stolen right off my deck. This place is so overpriced and the owners really need to keep their attitudes in check.

Room Tip: Stay at the place down the road--Aquilla Lodge. It is really on the river's edge.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank ckhouse
welltraveledmo, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

When a guest calls about our accommodations they are always told the price per night and referred to our website for more details of what all we have to offer. Sometimes their is still some confusion and we try to accommodate as best we can. In this instance Mrs House seemed to still be confused about the price and when I asked if the room was OK and she said it was fine then we talked about our cats. She never said any else to us while they stayed here and we assumed that everything was fine. We have never in 27 years had complaints of this nature before and most people are very pleased with room 11 because of it's uniqueness and outstanding view of the river with the old spandrel arch bridge. It is our nicest room offering alot more than what you will find in a typical hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eminence
Echo Bluff State Park Lodge
Honeysuckle Inn
Honeysuckle Inn
#2 of 2 in Mountain View
Eagle's Landing River Resort & Cabins

Been to River's Edge Resort? Share your experiences!