“Go after Labor Day”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eminence
River's Edge Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Eminence B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Lovely resort on the Jacks Fork River in Eminence. If you want peace and quiet avoid summer weekends. We arrived on Labor Day. We got off season rates. There was just a few other couples. Very nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ploethen

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I searched the internet for some places to stay in Eminence, MO and called River's Edge to check on room availability. The owner told me he had only room #11 and a cabin left. I asked him for the price. He asked what days I would be coming and how many were in my party. He told me the price and I wrote them down to discuss them with my husband. We decided the cabin was too pricey and settled on the room #11. Although it seemed pricey at $169 a weekend night and thirty dollars less on Thursday, we went ahead and booked it. At that time I verified the price of $139 on Thursday night and $169 for Friday and Saturday night with the owner. When I arrived late Thursday night I paid for the room and thought it seemed pricey but had doubted my calculations so I went ahead and paid and went to my room. When I refigured my math we had been charged an additional $20 a night. When I asked the owner about it she could not give me a reason why. At first she thought it was the $20 extra per person they charge over two people. ( I am not sure how an extra towel and shower equal $40 extra per night for my two kids but that is another complaint altogether--the room was set up for 4 people and usually if a hotel charges extra for guest it's due to the fact they serve breakfast. (The charge of $20 extra per person is outrageous). But no, she decided that it didn't add up so she had to get her husband--whom I talked to on the phone when I made the reservation. He did some figuring and finally decided it was an extra charge of $20 they charge for room #11. He said that room was $20 more and that is where I made my calculation mistake. Well, I tried to talk to him and tell him there would be no reason for him to have told me $169 if it was the only room left. Why not say $189? So it was his mistake and not mine. Then they say that the prices were posted on the web site. I never had a reason to check the rates because the owner told me the price on the phone. I took the owner's word for the rate. Apparently these owners never make mistakes and they always write down their quotes in the book--yet suprisingly there was no quote written by my name. I was forced to pay the extra $60+ and was looked down upon by both the owners like I was trying to get to them, when the exact opposite was true. I don't even think the lady knows she is condescending but it comes very natural to her. The icemaker didn't work, there is no on site laundry for all the wet river clothes, the coffee was not filled and when I asked about it, the owner, in a very condenscending tone asked if I had looked under the bathroom sink? Why would I? Who stores coffee under a bathroom sink when the coffee maker is in the living area? When you arrive you find a note that has their "don't "list. It is written in a very hateful tone that turns you off immediately. There are several grammar and spelling errors in it as well. The river is much farther from the room than the name implies - 100 Yards! The cars zooms past so fast and it is merely 8 feet from you door. Even though they say don't let their pets in the doors we had to fight them off to get in the room. We love cats but for some that would be a big problem. My son wanted to play ping pong and the lights were off. There is a sign that says if you want lights on go to the office by 9pm. It was 8:45 and the office was already closed on a Saturday night -- so no ping pong. My son was very dissappointed. To top it all off my swim shoes were stolen right off my deck. This place is so overpriced and the owners really need to keep their attitudes in check.

Room Tip: Stay at the place down the road--Aquilla Lodge. It is really on the river's edge.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank ckhouse
welltraveledmo, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

When a guest calls about our accommodations they are always told the price per night and referred to our website for more details of what all we have to offer. Sometimes their is still some confusion and we try to accommodate as best we can. In this instance Mrs House seemed to still be confused about the price and when I asked if the room was OK and she said it was fine then we talked about our cats. She never said any else to us while they stayed here and we assumed that everything was fine. We have never in 27 years had complaints of this nature before and most people are very pleased with room 11 because of it's uniqueness and outstanding view of the river with the old spandrel arch bridge. It is our nicest room offering alot more than what you will find in a typical hotel.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Very clean place to stay however, this is not a kid friendly place at all. The owner is a bit misguided at the location of their facility. For being a river location their expectations from their guest are excessive. You are being watched by the owner constantly. They watch from their balcony and the numerous cameras all over the facility; who knows some may be in the rooms. The owner yells at guest and non guest from their personal balcony. If you plan on using the hot tub remember just turn it on and "watch the bubbles". Don't go in because they don't want any sand in it. It's for looks only. Just remember if you want to stay here plan on being a drone don't walk with you head up and make sure you are in line.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank codywhereru
welltraveledmo, Owner at River's Edge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Thank you for you compliment on our cleanliness and we are kid friendly as long as they are well behaved and supervised by adults when neccessary, and abide by our rules. We do have an updated security system that helps us to insure that our guests are respectful of our property as well as our other guests. In this particular incident there were six unsupervised young boys that did not follow our posted hot tub rules and in an hours time the clean hot tub was not anything our other guests would want to get into due to the sand and dirty water. (we have foot rinse pans next to the tub that were not being used.) In order to maintain our level cleanliness and security it is necessary to keep a watchful eye on our exterior premises.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

2 years ago while vacationing, we drove into eminence and found rivers edge. it was fantastic, cute and friendly service, clean rooms, reasonable price! we enjoyed the area so much that year we went back this year and stayed there again. our opinion is highly the same. we are planning a trip for next year with all sorts of family!!!! the area is beautiful with all the springs and the jacksfork river and the current river nearby. the village offers very nice dining and a cute drivein type resturaunt too! really great burgers there. the staff at Windys was so helpful while we booked our tubing trip down the jacksfork river. thank you.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 60160Tina
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We have stayed a few different places in Eminence for float trips, but this was our first time at River's Edge. We stayed in Jack's Cabin. It is immaculately clean and very nice. We are returning in 3 weeks for a second stay and are really looking forward to it. River's Edge exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank allmyprettyones
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Where to start. Clean, spotless rooms without any perfume cover up, beds so comfortable, I wish I could take one home and I have an expensive mattress. One review mentioned no AT&T coverage, not true. Owners and staff go the extra mile to make sure that you have a great time and know all of the secret places in the area.

Beautiful setting with grounds that keep you taking pictures the entire visit. Iron work is off the charts! There is such a variety of accomodations, perfect for one, or your entire extended family and all are perfectly maintained. A family reunion here would be very special. The new River Cabins are spectacular, was able to get a key and wonder through one.

I was so comfortable that I didn't want to leave to go site seeing, what a relaxing place. The decks are peaceful place to watch the canoes go by and there is plenty of beach area to explore. Loved watching the ducks while I had my morning coffee. I could go on and on. Don't miss the chance to stay here and make sure to have a reservation as they are very popular.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank waterbug54
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My friend and I visited River's Edge for a float trip down the Jacks Fork River Since our last visit, there have been several improvements. It is VERY apparent that the owners and staff take much pride in their business. While the pricing is somewhat more expensive than surrounding facilities, the standards of excellence certainly is worth the small expense. They offer camping cabins to 3-bedroom condos and everything in-between. It is a GREAT place for families to come without having to worry about rowdy, behavior from other guests. The owners will not allow unacceptable behavior to bother their guests. River's Edge is conveniently located on the river with great beaches and is directly across the river from canoe, kayak, raft and tube rentals. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank dixietravelstead

Been to River's Edge Resort? Share your experiences!