“ExtendedStay Rider Trail Earth City”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Earth City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“ExtendedStay Rider Trail Earth City”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this ExtendedStay for a week. The price was great the people there were VERY friendly. If you get a room on the East side you can see the wonderful Sunset every night. If something needs fixed be sure to tell them and they will get to it very fast. The beds were pretty nice. There are grills and a hotub outside but it was closed.

Room Tip: East side for Sunset
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rockanroll4u
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm glad that the price was right and that you could see the wonderful Sunset every night. As well, it is great to read that our staff provided you with such friendly and helpful service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I just went to this hotel because it was cheap and it was a good amount distance towards everything. You get what you pay for with the average furniture and bed. But the service was so kind and welcoming, and they even check your room before you go in. I would stay in this hotel again :D

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Walked in lobby was good but got to the room whole other story. The fold out couch had food on it and was stained. No beding for the couch had fo go get it. Went to take a shower no curtain and it was broken. Worse of all sat down on bed and it was broken. I asked for money back and left.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank merikh

Travelers are raving about these Earth City hotels

Mattoon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I picked up the hotel for $40 as a mystery deal on Travelocity. At $40 the price was right. The bed, pillows and linens were new and good. However, the rest of the furniture and kitchen items were straight out of the 80's. The kitchen and bathroom were worn out. And they didn't even give you a thing of shampoo. The air condition worked well but was super loud. The fridge was really loud too. They need more tv channels and I'm pretty sure someone was in my room while I was gone. If they are trying to attract business travelers they will fail miserably.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed May 29, 2013

No housekeeping for 5 weeks. The front desk clerk opened my door for the carpet installers to install a threshold. she did not stay with them and admitted the wrong doing. They ransacked my room and stole $300.00. I reported it to the front desk and the district manager (TIM) and NOTHING was done about it. no one lost their job and I did not get my money back. the place should be shut down it is filthy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WV Easten Panhandle
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was located fairly close to the airport and only minutes from many restaurants. We were pleasantly suprised when entering the room as it smelled brand new. I think they just remodled. We had a small issue when checking out as it appeared that we had not paid the bill but we showed it had been prepaid througgh an online reservation. Overall nice plac for the money and in a non-residential area so not a lot of people "hanging around". felt safe in the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tecjim1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies that there seemed to be some confusion regarding the billing on your room. Still, we are very happy to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room while you stayed with us.

DuQuoin, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2013

So much was wrong I don't know where to begin. Guess I will start with the pieces of scummy used soap left in 3 different places in our shower. Tub was so dirty I was afraid to get in it. The smell of the hotel in general told me it was going to be bad but was too late to find something else. Supposed to have sliding doors on closet but only had one, the other was gone. We opened the sleeper sofa for our granddaughter and mattress was stained I coudn't believe it. Went to front desk to ask for bed linens and received them piece by piece and had to ask for each thing I would like to put on the bed. Come on, don't you know what it takes to make a bed. The paint was peeling off of the walls and so many structural I can't begin to mention. I noticed I had left my gown hanging on bathroom door and called & ask to have it mailed to me (most good hotels will do that) but no, Robert, the manager was very rude and said I would have to make arrangements to do it. All around bad place to stay. DON'T DO IT.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Debbie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness of your room and overall condition of our hotel that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are aggressively correcting the issues outlined in your review.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Earth City
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Candlewood Suites St. Louis
Candlewood Suites St. Louis
#4 of 5 in Earth City
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#12 of 17 in Maryland Heights
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Holiday Inn Airport West
Holiday Inn Airport West
#2 of 5 in Earth City
Residence Inn St. Louis Airport/Earth City

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Earth City? Share your experiences!