“Great stay, friendly staff, good local area”

Candlewood Suites St. Louis
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Earth City
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Great stay, friendly staff, good local area”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for two nights whilst touring the US on business. Although clearly designed for extended stays it was a great place for just the two nights as well. The staff were very friendly. I arrived late on the first night and the check in process was very slick. All round recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Danielle H, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Louis, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you would stay with us again on your next travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Pros: safe area; clean room; convenient to I-70

Cons: some not very pleasant smells in hallways and outside the front door; less than friendly/helpful front desk staff; weak wi-fi (lots of dropping out); no eating or grocery places nearby

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Danielle H, Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Louis, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We have replaced the previous internet provider with AT&T we hope to have more of a reliable service then before.
Mountainair, New Mexico
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was my first stay at one of these properties and I actually stayed here twice during this business trip to the area. The rooms were huge and featured a kitchenette similar to other extended stay type properties. I particularly liked the intelligent layout of the room which was totally comfortable for two people.

The great attraction to this property was the extremely affordable nightly rate. They offer rooms similar to Staybridge Suites and Residence Inn's at about 1/2 to 2/3's the price. In fact, this property was directly adjacent to a Residence Inn. They offer the affordable price by not offering a complimentary breakfast or any other free food amenities. They do have a nice fitness center, a free guest laundry and an honor system type store where you can purchase food items. They also have several outdoor grills if you want to prepare your own food.

There is a Thai restaurant and pizza place next door. There is also virtually every type of restaurant, grocery and department store within a five mile radius. The airport and the historic district in St. Charles is only a five minute drive away.

The complimentary Internet was easy to connect to with all my devices and it had great bandwidth. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TSchenk
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at this Candlewood Suites on May 9th. It was my 1st stay at a Candlewood and I was quite impressed. The room has a full kitchen, the bed was excellent and the staff was so very nice. The price was good also. I will definitely stay at Candlewood again when the opportunity arises. Try it....
They also have free laundry facilities...

1 Thank Bill F
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a excellent hotel for an extended stay the rooms are large with full kitchens and have nice appointments. The staff is very helpful and the location to the casinos and St. Charles is a plus. I have been going to this hotel every other week for three months and wouldn't stay any place else.

Room Tip: Go downtown St Charles for excellent food.
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many I.H.G properties,
And I can honestly say that this location is the absolute best , The entire staff is always polite, professional, and friendly.
When ever a problem occurs, the staff works diligently to resolve the situstion.
That is the reason why I give credit to all of the employees,
I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is working out of town, or on vaction

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stephen L
Hartford
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stay at Candlewood Suites around the country a few times each month. This property is average. Overall nothing special but not a bad place. There was a bad ant problem in my room. All over the counter near the sink. When I opened a packaged sandwich from the Candlewood Cupboard there were ants attacking it within 3 minutes. I can't believe I'm the first person to complain to the management about the problem. I won't stay here again and can't recommend this property when there are so many other choices.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank steve375
Danielle H, Manager at Candlewood Suites St. Louis, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your comment. I do apologize about the ant issue yet we had our pest control company out once you mention there was a problem. Thank you fro bringing it to our attention therefore we can fix the problem ASAP.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Earth City
Holiday Inn Airport West
Holiday Inn Airport West
#2 of 5 in Earth City
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Residence Inn St. Louis Airport/Earth City
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#13 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Candlewood Suites St. Louis? Share your experiences!