“Better and Better”

Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Des Peres
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
“Better and Better”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic fish, fresh oysters, prime beef. -- doesn't get any better! We love this place and keep going back.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best steaks in The Lou. Seafood too.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great meat and fish. Grilled perfectly. Great service. Love it. I had the best Porterhouse in the Midwest. And my wife had the scallops - oh My, perfecto.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Surf and Sirloin---dining out the way it should be”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I probably dine out 4-5 times a week at some of St. Louis's best restaurants. We ALWAYS have Surf and Sirloin on our more than regular roation. The reasons are simple: GREAT Food, GREAT Service and a family of borthers that treat us like we are their family. Not matter when we go, or what we want,they accommodate us. There is never a special request, they won't fulfill...For steaks, I will put them up against Citizens Kane,s ,Kries', Ruth Chris' etc, for seafood, there are no better places in St. Louis...compare them to the trendy places like McCormick and Schmidt's and you will rate Surf as better, and definately more friendly. Try it, and you will make it a regular stop....as we have for nearly 15 years.

• Visited July 2012
“We love it there.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We keep going back because their food is so good and their service is too. I had their scallops and they were wonderful as usual.

• Visited July 2012
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were there again last night and we really enjoyed the specials. Usually I get the fish and my wife goes for a steak or veal. We really love this place. Their steaks are perfect and they do fish as well or better than any place in St. Louis. They have fresh halibut, grouper, red snapper, scallops and other fish specials, like lobster or crab legs. They have a new menu which is also fantastic with updated sides and veggies. Great staff and service.

• Visited June 2012