“Nice place but the food is average”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafoods
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Des Peres
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manchester & I270
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a reservation on Sunday evening, when we got there, there were only two tables, and the waiter was very nice and helpful, but we still had to wait for little while to get the orders and food. The food were average, nothing outstanding. The place was nice, but since there were only few people there, make you think that something is not quiet right. I will give a try again.

There are newer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's Seafoods

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spectacular sea food (freshest oysters and magnificent scallops) and a well above average steak, complimented by a selection from the short but very good list of wines by the glass.

It was a great meal, in a meticulously well crafted environment, with to notch service.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great outdoor patio. Good people watching. Good service. Lobster bisque was excellent. Our other fish selections were fine. A bit pricy, but we knew that going into the experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

very consistent place to go when you are in the mood for some fresh fish/seafood. you know what to expect when you go here. always good, fresh choices.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Poor service, high prices, mediocre food, uncaring management! My friend and I (2 women ) dined at McCormick and Schmicks's last night. This has previously been a favorite for my family and I. Service was minimal..you now have to ask for bread..more than once if you want 2 small rolls. We split an expensive salad because they have no dinner salads and had to do the splitting ourselves and were not even given utensils to do the job. Water was served warm, my dinner was served semi warm...not good for halibut. The fish was small and vegetables minimal...breakfast type unexciting potatoes and a small amount of zucchini and yellow squash. Drinks are overpriced and the same beer was $1.00 more in the restaurant vs bar.

This is a splurge Restaurant. I had a mediocre entree that had to be reheated, half a salad, a beer and a glass of wine and my bill was around $65.00 before tip. When I told the waiter I was unhappy with the whole night he could do nothing and called over an responsive rude manager... They lost a loyal customer ...he did not care. Could have offered something for us to return but he did not. Not an experience I want for a higher priced restaurant! I posted a good review for this restaurant in March 2012.. I take it all back.