“Refurbished motel”
Review of Super 8 Cuba

Super 8 Cuba
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cuba
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a nicely reburbished motel and very clean. They had 24-hour coffee and juice as well as popped corn for an evening snack. It was easy on/easy off I-44 and there were restaurants nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fay C, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you so much for the review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is fabulous--very clean, very friendly, very open and inviting (not dark and dismal), nice breakfast room, great, helpful and very friendly staff. I would stay here again ANY time. The rooms were decorated very nice for a hotel, too. Ours was blue and all the stuff in the room matched nicely. Very clean. There were at least 3 restaurants available just across the parking lot, but maybe it was 5--lots to choose from anyway.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Fay C, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for the survey on our motel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We are a small group of gals that do an annual float trip on the Huzzah River. This year we were pleasantly surprised by all the updates! For starters the staff were as friendly and helpful as ever. So many nice upgrades of the rooms we don't know where to start. The new pillow top beds were wonderful, along with the new bedding and drapes. The new carpet and paint finished off the rooms quite well. We always like having the microwave & refridge in the rooms and nice blow dryers in the bathroom.
We have always been partial to the biscuits and gravy, but the addition of the Belgium waffle maker made the breakfast decision tough, as both are quite good...OK I admit it some of us had both! The cinnamon rolls were delish as well.
We also like the smell of the fresh popped pop corn when we get back to the hotel in the evening, well more like late night...anyway, we also appreciated the fact that our request for adjoining rooms was fulfilled. So overall we were quite pleased with this hotel and have given it an excellent rating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Fay C, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us again this year. We are glad you like the upgrade's. We will see you all on your next float trip.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We loved the Super 8 in Cuba MO. My wife and I stayed there coming back from Chicago. We ate at the restaurant next door, and the food and service were excellent. We slept like the dead and were satisfied with our stay. Thank you, Super 8!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 208. We recommend it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Fay C, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for the survey on our motel. We look forward to seeing you on you next trip.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a week reserved at the Chateau Inn. We arrived there at 4am, and with a nasty room and poor service, we got our money refunded and left. As we sat in the parking lot calling all places in Cuba, everywhere was booked. I called Super 8 back and explained the situation and that we were in need of a room ASAP. The lady was extremely kind and understanding and took my number and said she will call as soon as someone checked out with the room type I specified. She called me at 7:15 am and said to give her 30 minutes and my room would be ready. We checked in and the room was great! It was very clean and quiet. We did have a little bit of humidity we couldn't get out of the room even with the bathroom fan on. Overall, it was great! They had a decent breakfast. The only issue we had was that on the last night of stay, we had been at my families farm and got in after dark. I noticed something was odd about the room. We purposely left the "do not disturb" placard on the door outside, so no one would bother us or come n the room while we were gone as there was jewelry, laptops, IPad, etc in the room. I looked at the curtain and asked my husband if it was different and he proceeded with a yes. They apparently came into our room and changed our curtain. We called down to the desk and the girl said there was no management n site and to call back in the morning. When we were checking out, we asked the desk clerk, whom I assume was the manager. She said that they only allow a manager and maintenance in their presence to access rooms. We explained that we didn't want anyone in our room. She said they called and mocked on the door and there was no answer. We explained that we could have been exposed and didn't want to answer the door or phone and the reason was basically, "oh well! That was the only issue that we had with them, otherwise it was fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double queen on the second floor and n the back side of the building. It was great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I am so sorry you was upset about us hanging the new curtain up in your room. As I explained to you that morning as you checked out that we had to get the curtain hung-up. The maintanence and headhousekeeper was the one that went into your room with my permission (manager). I do apoligize again, we didn't not mean to upset anyone. We hope you will come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stay at the Super 8 in Cuba 2 to 3 times per year, as it is our halfway point to home. We travel with our black lab, who is always welcome. They have a friendly and helpful staff. They have recently upgraded their rooms with new mattresses and paint. Each room also has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The complementary breakfast is more than ample, featuring everything from toast to biscuits and gravy. Their location is right off of interstate 44, convenient to restaurants and gas stations. You will not be sorry for staying at the Super 8 in Cuba!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We alway's look forward to seeing our repeat guest.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

A nice hotel with clean, comfortable rooms and baths. The complimentary breakfast was about what you would expect: cereal, toast, waffles, packaged sweet rolls, fruit, etc. The staff was very nice and helpful. They offered popcorn in the lobby all evening which was a fun surprise. This hotel is right off of Highway 44 which makes it convenient, but is why I had trouble sleeping and why I say this hotel is not for me. I could hear the highway noise even with the constant hum of the air conditioner. Not only that, but the parking lot was well lit. Very well lit. I like darkness when I sleep and with the noise and the lighted room, I didn't do much of that. As I have said, this is really a nice place to stay. I just wouldn't recommend it to people like me who have special sleeping requirements.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel to avoid some of the noise. However, I did note that the par...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
CFay, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your survey. We hope you will come back to stay in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuba
Econo Lodge
21 mi away
Hampton Inn Rolla
Hampton Inn Rolla
#1 of 13 in Rolla

Been to Super 8 Cuba? Share your experiences!