“The Super 8 Motel in Cuba MO”
Review of Super 8 Cuba

Super 8 Cuba
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cuba
Sherman, Texas
“The Super 8 Motel in Cuba MO”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We loved the Super 8 in Cuba MO. My wife and I stayed there coming back from Chicago. We ate at the restaurant next door, and the food and service were excellent. We slept like the dead and were satisfied with our stay. Thank you, Super 8!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 208. We recommend it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fay C, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for the survey on our motel. We look forward to seeing you on you next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had a week reserved at the Chateau Inn. We arrived there at 4am, and with a nasty room and poor service, we got our money refunded and left. As we sat in the parking lot calling all places in Cuba, everywhere was booked. I called Super 8 back and explained the situation and that we were in need of a room ASAP. The lady was extremely kind and understanding and took my number and said she will call as soon as someone checked out with the room type I specified. She called me at 7:15 am and said to give her 30 minutes and my room would be ready. We checked in and the room was great! It was very clean and quiet. We did have a little bit of humidity we couldn't get out of the room even with the bathroom fan on. Overall, it was great! They had a decent breakfast. The only issue we had was that on the last night of stay, we had been at my families farm and got in after dark. I noticed something was odd about the room. We purposely left the "do not disturb" placard on the door outside, so no one would bother us or come n the room while we were gone as there was jewelry, laptops, IPad, etc in the room. I looked at the curtain and asked my husband if it was different and he proceeded with a yes. They apparently came into our room and changed our curtain. We called down to the desk and the girl said there was no management n site and to call back in the morning. When we were checking out, we asked the desk clerk, whom I assume was the manager. She said that they only allow a manager and maintenance in their presence to access rooms. We explained that we didn't want anyone in our room. She said they called and mocked on the door and there was no answer. We explained that we could have been exposed and didn't want to answer the door or phone and the reason was basically, "oh well! That was the only issue that we had with them, otherwise it was fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double queen on the second floor and n the back side of the building. It was great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry you was upset about us hanging the new curtain up in your room. As I explained to you that morning as you checked out that we had to get the curtain hung-up. The maintanence and headhousekeeper was the one that went into your room with my permission (manager). I do apoligize again, we didn't not mean to upset anyone. We hope you will come stay with us again in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stay at the Super 8 in Cuba 2 to 3 times per year, as it is our halfway point to home. We travel with our black lab, who is always welcome. They have a friendly and helpful staff. They have recently upgraded their rooms with new mattresses and paint. Each room also has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The complementary breakfast is more than ample, featuring everything from toast to biscuits and gravy. Their location is right off of interstate 44, convenient to restaurants and gas stations. You will not be sorry for staying at the Super 8 in Cuba!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We alway's look forward to seeing our repeat guest.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 14, 2012

A nice hotel with clean, comfortable rooms and baths. The complimentary breakfast was about what you would expect: cereal, toast, waffles, packaged sweet rolls, fruit, etc. The staff was very nice and helpful. They offered popcorn in the lobby all evening which was a fun surprise. This hotel is right off of Highway 44 which makes it convenient, but is why I had trouble sleeping and why I say this hotel is not for me. I could hear the highway noise even with the constant hum of the air conditioner. Not only that, but the parking lot was well lit. Very well lit. I like darkness when I sleep and with the noise and the lighted room, I didn't do much of that. As I have said, this is really a nice place to stay. I just wouldn't recommend it to people like me who have special sleeping requirements.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel to avoid some of the noise. However, I did note that the par...
CFay, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your survey. We hope you will come back to stay in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Only spent the night, but what a great bed! I had been driving for 10 hrs & tired. Nite desk clerk was pleasant and was able to put me & my 78 yr old mother in a ground floor handicap equiped room. It was CLEAN, spacious and comfortable! I was somewhat concerned that we were facing the interstate, but I slept like a baby. Housekeeping needs to be commended on the work they do at this unit! Breakfast was nothing to rave about, but waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereal....better than powered eggs you get at some places. The packaged pastries weren't bad either. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Bathroom door needs an exhaust so the door can be "cracked" open.
, General Manager at Super 8 Cuba, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you Tina for the review. I also printed the email you sent me so Sue could read it also and we will share it with the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip thru.
Battlefield, MO USA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

One night for family reunion, pleasantly surprised on the cleanliness and space of the room. Large comfortable bed, recliner, desk, and drawers. Bathroom clean, but small. Microwave and refrigerator.

Fresh popped popcorn in the lobby, breakfast was average; waffles, juice, coffee, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit. Small breakfast area.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Downside; liner for the window drapes was full of holes and let light through, noise from refrigerator cycling was a little loud as it was next to my side of the bed.

An above average budget motel. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amunhotep
Thank you for your review on our motel.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Checked in at 10pm on Friday night. Only smoking room available, but it wasn't too bad. Room was clean, beds comfortable, good location. Older lady desk clerk was rude. Younger one much nicer.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review on our motel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuba
Days Inn & Suites Cuba
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
Comfort Inn Sullivan
Comfort Inn Sullivan
#2 of 6 in Sullivan

Been to Super 8 Cuba? Share your experiences!