“A place to go: good food in authentic atmosphere”

Missouri Hick Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cuba
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A restaurant build with big solid wood (you know not the kind of look alike cardboard stuff, big logs hand worked) serving food of a bit similar style: authentic, natural, made on the spot (not the kind "deep fried heated in a microwave")

All in all a very authentic place, nice people nice food. And if the sun shines you might even eat on one of the terraces

There are newer reviews for Missouri Hick Barbeque

Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you are looking for some good BBQ try MO Hick they have some of the best around. They have great food, great customer service and the prices are really not that bad. And you get alot for your money. Trust me you wont leave ther hungry.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the Wagon Wheel Motel next door and the Missouri Hick BBQ was therefore a logical place to eat. It's a great looking building. The menu looked appealing but we found it to be incredibly unhealthy, e.g. my sweet potato was loaded with sugar (unnecessary) and the beans were soaked in butter. However, the beer was exceptionally cheap, which is always a good thing. We were the only people in the restaurant despite visiting at peak season (August 2012).

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've had BBQ in quite a few states now. Missouri Hick is pretty good at what it does. My daughter and I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was not the greatest one I've had (there were a few too many fatty pieces in both of ours, which can easily be fixed by paying a little more attention to what is going on the plate). The sauces were really good and I loved having a selection of them that I could mix up to make my own.
They have a pretty good selection of plates and sides, however I was really surprised to see that they didn't offer fries!
Also their tea comes from a machine and is not fresh brewed, which is a huge mistake in my opinion. Iced tea at a BBQ place should be fresh brewed and either sweetened or unsweetened. The machines give it an "off" taste.

1  Thank Travel66More
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After a day of hiking at Meramec River State Park my Girlfriend and I were very hungry, unsure of what we wanted we just started to drive and we started to see the signs for Missouri Hick, right away it sounded good and I knew we had to go. We followed the signs to Cuba, an awesome super small town and there it was, in all its glory. The inside it great, truly an old west feel, the beer selection is great and the food is out of this world. I got the brisket wrap with mac n cheese, simply awesome. They have 4 different sauces at the tables and we tried them all. All very good, we even bought a bottle of the sweet sauce to bring home to Tampa with us. I would say this is top 5 BBQ I've had, if you find your self around Cuba make sure to check this place out. Now.....if I can just get them to build one down here in Florida.

1  Thank SrirachaBear

Been to Missouri Hick Barbeque? Share your experiences!