“Nice and convenient”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
LaSalle, Illinois
“Nice and convenient”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with a good location. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was fully booked the days I stayed but it didn't seem to faze the staff. I didn't hang around the hotel or use any of the facilities as I booked it just for a place to sleep and hold my belongings. I will try to stay here again in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Norwood, Missouri
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband has been staying here for work related purposes for years. On occasion I come and stay with him. I was just there a few days ago... And every time I forget why I didn't like the hotel until I get there and get to bed.. I mean.. I like the hotel over all.. It's nice and clean, rooms are okay sized, parking is awesome with under cover parking, check in is always easy, breakfast is one of the nicer ones but still hotelish with those odd scrambled eggs that don't seem real and yogurt that has aspartame in it but it does have fresh fruit and those little orange pastries are very good... Free popcorn and drinks til; 10pm is a big plus. We aren't normally there for the evening meal but don't care for the same things over and over again....

My biggest complaints though, are the beds... We've had the rooms with just a king, two queens and a suite with two queens and a pull out. I love my husband but when we are in a bed and he moves which makes we move and wakes me up... I don't get much rest and then I'm not so happy with my husband. I need to realize it's not him but the beds. The king wasn't as bad but it still was too soft and moved too much.

Our most recent stay just this last week had us in a double queen suite.. Was I ever glad. We had a son with us who was there for a doctor's appointment. My husband and I took one queen and my son the other queen.. not too long after going to bed my brain 'light bulb' turned on and I said.. oh yeah.. I forgot why I don't like this hotel... grr.. what to do.. So, I pulled out the sleeper sofa and slept on that. MUCH better. Much more firm over all. I slept decent for two nights. Albeit the covers over all were too light and not much for that snuggle down and cozy feeling you want in a bed but I did sleep much better. One of the previous times just my husband and I were there I ended up sleeping in the other queen by myself.. Not very conducive to a happy marriage!

Do you have any rooms with firmer beds in them? The queen is okay for just one person but not for two if you prefer a firmer mattress and not being moved around by the person sleeping next to you.....

There is a small kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and individual serving coffee pot. Bathroom was kind of squishy with needing to close the door to walk around to the shower area but not a big deal. I must say though, the toilet paper is better at the mall down the freeway!

The recliner was very comfortable and a person could probably sleep in it in need be. The couch is almost too small just to sleep on without pulling it out. Nice little table to work on with a couple chairs.

Over all a really great hotel if only I could sleep with my husband in the same bed and actually get some sleep.....

Room Tip: If you like a firm mattress think twice... or call and see if they have any rooms with a firmer matt...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for 15 nights 2 years ago when we were in-between house moves. The staff was great, and very accommodating.
We returned to the St. Louis area, and decided to stay here again. The main reason was the free room we earned from the 2012 stay. Plus, we were pleased with the friendly staff and amenities: Happy Hour + light snacks/appetizers, free hot & cold breakfast, plus indoor garage parking below the hotel. Also, it was convenient to visiting friends and family, and we were familiar with the area.
It was so nice to see the same manager, plus other staff that we recognized--and vice versa. We conversed with them and they treated us like family.
Our room had a bathroom issue the morning after our first night, and they immediately moved us to a new room.
The only downside about this hotel is that it's showing its age of 20 years. We learned they will be doing a complete remodel November 2014 through Feb. 2015, which will be great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Morrow, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was my first experience staying at a Drury Inn and it wasn't as good as I expected. We stayed here for only one night as we passed through St. Louis. I chose Drury because friends highly recommended the hotel for large families. Long story short, when I made my reservation I told them 2 adults and 4 children and when we checked into the room there was not enough room for all six of us. Even when offering us a complimentary cot, there was not enough sleeping space for everyone. As I worked through this with the front desk, their front desk clerk Rojave was extremely helpful, although there were no suitable options that would get us sleeping space for everyone in our party. My wife elected to sleep in the recliner - which was quite difficult for her.

The hotel itself is quite beautiful and the rooms and bed were very comfortable. We didn't get to experience their Kick Back Dinner, although we did enjoy the complimentary Fast Start breakfast which was quite good. The staff in their cafe were attentive and very pleasant.

There is ample parking in their private parking deck.

To summarize, I would stay at Drury again, but I would pay more critical attention to the reservation process to ensure we have enough space.

Room Tip: There is a lot of light from the parking lot in front of the building. A room in the rear of the bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I am sorry your room did not meet your family’s needs, and that we were unable to change your accommodations to a suite due to our availability. I am glad to hear that Rojae did what he could to try to help. It may be helpful to know when making future reservations that we defer to the guest's judgment on what accommodations will work for their family or group. Also, please note that not every hotel has suites with two queen beds and not every suite has a sofa sleeper.

I am happy to hear that other aspects of your stay went well and that you will stay with us again when in St. Louis. Please feel free to call ahead if you have questions about the room type needed before calling or booking reservations online; we’re always happy to help.

We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Trisha Hoefel
Basehor, Kansas
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a day or so for a friend's wedding in St. Louis. I thought it might be too far from the city but really it worked well. The hotel has on site secure parking. Applebee's is connected to the hotel so there's an easy place to get a bite and drink. Room was clean and quiet. I would stay here again if I was headed to St Louis.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This Drury Inn clean, we'll staffed and comfortable. Evening snacks were tasty and breakfast was filling. Room was excellent! Even though we lost power for awhile, it was addressed quickly. There are great shops and restaurants near by. We were thrilled to be down the street from a Trader Joes. Good location!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel was very nice.The rooms were nice. The bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The dinner buffet was pretty good, and the breakfast was great! The staff did a great job with refilling the food before it got low. I think this is a nice hotel at a affordable price, in a good location.

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur? Share your experiences!