“Not recommended at all”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
“Not recommended at all”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

there were black curly hairs in the bed and a big hole in the kitchen floor. No forks and the oven was nasty and the constant noise from the other guests including a dog barking was all night long there was also finger marks all over the walls. The lady at the front desk try ed to help make the situation better. She also made the comment she works at a different hotel but the same chain and that she did not quite know what was going on here.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank davewil6
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay as well as for the lack of utensils in the kitchen and noise disturbances. To prevent this from happening again, my team is undertaking a massive spring cleaning effort for the entire hotel, which includes cleaning, restocking and repairing items.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at swp@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We got a good deal on Priceline, but it too good to be true. There was no elevator, we had to haul our stuff up 3 flights. The smell knocks you down when you come through the door to the hallway, we had a non-smoking room which still smelled like smoke. Yellow walls, sticky floors, broken chair, stained pull out mattress that was really worn, stained couch. The only upside is a nice flat screen TV, ha! We did feel safe, so we were able to sleep, but we didn't feel safe to walk around without our shoes ;)

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that your room smelled like smoke and that couch was in need of repair . To uphold our company's high standards, we are working on a new system which will ensure that all items in need of attending to will be reported to myself and then the maintance staff.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at swp@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

First let me say, there isn't any elevator in this hotel. The furniture was falling apart in the room. Our bed was broken and due to lack of staff we had to fix it ourselves. The phone was broken and being that it was the only phone in the room we never could get our messages off of the phone. The entire bottom of the shower curtain was molded. The front door to our room had been kicked in and would barely close. There weren't enough towels, pillows, or blankets and the carpets were filthy.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have a choice. Try the Extended Stay on Lackland instead.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly C
Kimberly - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The issues you described, including broken furniture and cleanliness, is not in-line with our company standards. I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with all of our staff members to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at swp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I made a reservation to stay at the Hotel Extended Stay America on Lackland Road which is just down the street from the Craig road location. I made my reservation over a month in advance. On the day I was due to arrive at the hotel I was informed through a phone call that the hotel did not have enough rooms available for my party! At this point I was very irritated. The phone call came at 3:30 in the afternoon and I was about 45 minutes away from the hotel. She proceeded to tell me that they would be splitting my party up-one room would be at the Lackland location and the other room would be at the Craig road location. I became very irritated at this time-I had never even heard of a hotel trying to do such a thing before and that was not going to work for us. After several minutes of explaining why that was not going to work, I finally got her to find two rooms at the Craig location. This all would have been great..until a staff member at the Craig location called and said they were going to give the rooms away because we had not made a reservation at that hotel and there were guests showing up that needed the rooms! We were stuck in an accident on the highway at this point and had not yet arrived at the Craig location. The staff member said that she would call me back after speaking to her manager. I never received a call back. When I called the Craig hotel back to inquire about the situation I spoke to an even ruder staff member who claimed that she had no idea what I was talking about. She very rudely said that no reservation had been transferred to that hotel and demanded the reservation number. By this time I was seriously considering just staying at another hotel. I called the staff member at Lackland road who seemed exasperated with the situation and she said that she would call the Craig road hotel. Luckily they seemed to work it out and they had two rooms ready for us when we finally arrived.

While the hotel itself was not bad I would definitely not stay there again. The level of customer service and quality of professionalism was ridiculous!

Room Tip: Be aware of the continental breakfast-it was very sparse.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank richardson04
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the original hotel that you had booked your reservations at was unable to accommodate your reservation and the hotel on Craig Road added to the confusion of having to be moved to a different hotel. I am going to follow up with both hotels to ensure that this type issue does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tschwab@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Streator, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The check-in process was not good because the night shift worker did not understand that I had a discount and since I was paying cash I wanted to make sure I was still getting the discount. Once the check-in situation was figured out that was that. I had to get my keys fixed all 3 nights because I could not get into my room. I just needed a cheap place to stay and I found it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the check in process was not good for you and that your key was not holding its program. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally going over all discount procedures with all of my front desk staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tschwab@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I checked out early this morning. My 3 months was up yesterday and I forgot let hotel know I was extending for another night. The front desk lady called and asked me rudely if I was checking out and I aked her if I can have another night and she hesitated and then said yes. (I have stayed with Extended Stay Hotel chains once every year on a monthly basis and I always get the best rate available) I was staying at the hotel on a monthly basis. Stayed over 3 months and needed just one more night on my stay and the hotel made me pay extra on that 1 extra day than my monthly rate. Made no sense, so I switched to a different hotel for the remainder of visit which is another 3 months. Will not be going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: This is an "extended stay hotel" so rates are based on length of stay guaranteed. No con...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Erick S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review about our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I am a travel nurse my company set me up in this place. This place is horrible. Blood stained sheets filthy cooking stove nasty stained blanket. It's suppose to be a newly remodeled room. The bathroom tub has chronic mold and mildew around it. I don't blame my agency for this it's just like anything else when making reservations you don't know what you got until you get there. I am not staying my agency is working on getting me OUT OF HERE ASAP. I do not recommend this place it's nasty and people are fighting down the hall and the whole place smells like a barn and I don't have that great of a sniffer so I can imagine what smells like for a person with a good nose.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank travel_rnfa
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus St. Louis - Westport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#5 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Craig Road? Share your experiences!