“Garlic Chicken - too beige, dull taste”
Review of House of Wong Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
House of Wong Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had the garlic chicken. It was a little too bland for me. It was definitely missing something. Hot and sour soup is delicious!! Friendly staff. My friend had szechuan chicken. It was very tasty!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

There were only 2 other couples in the restaurant and one of them complained about the food being cold. Everything we received was not hot. We started with pot stickers and egg rolls which seemed a bit under cooked and cool. Next came lo mein and Moo shu. They forgot to fix the pancakes so we had to wait about ten minutes for them. We will not return.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been to House of Wong many times, including again a couple nights ago. This has got to be one of the best chinese restaurants in the St Louis area. From the quality of the food, to the reasonable prices, to the decor. Definitely doesnt look like your normal chinese place, more of an upscale feel. The restaurants not huge, however i've yet to be there when its too crowded. I definitely recommmend the Hunan chicken, Wongs chicken, or Moo Goo Gai Pan. If you go for lunch they have cheap lunch combos. For $1 more you can get all the same combos at night as dinner combos. Its in the back of the strip center on Olive with TGI Friday and Culpeppers in front of it. I went to the Creve Coeur location, however they do have another one in Clayton that I use to eat at years ago which was also very good.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The BEST crab ragoon around! Delivery is very quick, and orders are always right! Lunchtime menu is great as well.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

So far I've only dined here for dinner once and will likely give it another chance. The service was average, and for me the dishes had way too much sauce. The food did seem freshly made and not like it had been sitting in a steam table forever.

I've definitely had better Chinese food, but so far this seems the best option in St. Louis, which isn't saying much.