“Good food, okay service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“Good food, okay service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I like this place. It is clean. The service sucks. The food is good. Portions are not huge.

Visited June 2012

St. Louis, Missouri
“Best in St. Louis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

This location & the House of Wong in Clayton serve the best chinese food in St. Louis in my opinion. The quality of the food is top notch. House of Wong has ruined me being able to order from my local storefront chinese stand that delivers. I can't eat the stuff anymore. I find myself wondering, "what kind of meat is this?" I crave House of Wong House beef, the walnut shrimp is decadent, and the soups are amazing. I am a regular.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not a good experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

We tried this restaurant two times and there will not be a third visit from us. Our most recent visit was on a Saturday evening at 7 PM. The restaurant was half empty and dead silent--no music playing and nobody talking. We ordered entrees costing $10 to $13 each. The rice that was to accompany the meal was served a full 5 minutes before the entree so it was cold by the time we needed it. The entrees were served lukewarm. Sauces on the entrees were overwhelmingly sugary masking any other taste. The menu listed a meat and 4 vegetables as ingredients for one dish I ordered but when the plate was served the vegetables were only tiny portions cut into fine shreds. So disappointing!

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
St. Louis, MO
“Great Food in a Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We've been going to this restaurant and ordering take-out for over five years, and we're always pleased with the freshness and flavor of the food. About a month ago, we ordered take-out from a nearby Chinese restaurant, and we were extremely disappointed with the result. We'll be staying with House of Wong from now on when we want take-out close to home. If I had a criticism (and it's minor) it would be that the pot-stickers are not always exactly the same. They're always good-- just not the same in texture/flavor.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is the first authentic-style Chinese food that I've eaten since I've been back from China. It's not perfect, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is the first authentic-style Chinese food that I've eaten since I've been back from China. It's not perfect, but pretty darn good and not very expensive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook