“Very Disappointing Sunday Brunch”

Bristol Seafood Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Ballas Road
Description: With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Bristol delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I went here on 06/09/19. We were sat in a front room to left side of the bar. Server seated us was not thrilled to seat us. We were seated near a drunk man who had his shirt buttons down. The man ate piled helpings of seafood on his plate. The room was hot and asked server to make it cooler, he had scowl in his face and said he would need to talk to his manager. He never turned on the air and I had to ask another server to do it. Young kid serving us said he doesn’t like to eat here at Bristol’s because it’s not good since he has to work there. Server couldn’t properly make Mimosas. Barley checked on us. Drunk man got more attention to his table then we did. Really disappointed that we got poor service here and we will never be coming back to this location! Thought this location had a higher standard of quality and service and that is wrong. Drunk man with poor choice of clothing should’ve have been asked to leave!

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Bristols Seafood Grill is a 8* out of 8
After many many years of attending, I make it a must stop when I have to go to St. Louis. I have never been disappointed with the service, food nor the drink. Mostly the staff is what I love (Ray, I love you man). They always take care of me.

We have made it through many Bartenders, waitresses, waiters and managers. I figured the closest estimate that I could come up with is that I have been visiting this restaurant is around seventeen years. I’m still trying to find my documentation of a review.

I always plan on trying to hit my visit to St. Louis day early just so I have time to go to eat and visit. We have met some really fun people over the years that we have kept in contact with and also the people that work there are so fun.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my favorite person was still working there, I think he’s been there for 7 1/2 years now. He is so kind, entertaining, and a very hard worker! I always enjoyed my visit sitting there and chatting with people around me. I make it a evening of chatting, eating and drinking just a little too much.

You shared some lobster claws, a dozen oysters, whole lobsters, and some of the best lobster bisque I’ve ever eaten!

It’s low key, I always book the hotel across the street so when I’m finished, I can just waddle back.

When you go please tell Ray who is the master oyster shucker that the Colorado girl said hello, and say hi to Emily and José the bartenders.

What a great staff, more people should be like this. I love this place and I WOULD GO BACK.

Reviewed June 2, 2019

We come to St. Louis once a year for ballgames and always plan Sunday brunch at Bristol’s. Great food and service!!!!!

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Made reservations through Open door. Came highly recommended and this place did not disappoint. We were seated right away and offered a complimentary champagne toast for our anniversary. Our waiter Tony was top notch and offered several options. We both chose the mix grill - crabcakes, shrimp, salmon, and scallops with side of Yukon mashed potatoes and asparagus. My hubby opted for the lobster mac and cheese. So good. Ended with a huge slice of carrot cake to go. It's not cheap but worth it for a special occasion or anytime you want high quality seafood. Very good

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 24, 2019

My wife and family went to Bristol's because she had a yearly performance bonus. My wife ordered the filet mignon. It was a tad on the rare side, but she sent it back and it was good after that. I had a great rockfish from Sitka Alaska. The best part of a seafood meal at Bristol's is that the seafood is ALWAYS fresh, and there is such a variety of. We didn't have wine or other alcoholic beverages. Our waitress (whom we have had before) was excellent and always made sure that we had plenty of bread, coffee, and water.

Date of visit: March 2019