“bristol dinner”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Ballas Road
Description: With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Bristol delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.
Reviewed April 13, 2019

the food is always awesome, the service is always excellent, its always clean, the atmosphere is always welcoming

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We had 60 people at a Bridal Shower and service was excellent, food was terrific, and they had all the other things (easel, glasses for pens) ready as soon as we walked in. Needed a couple other things once there, like bowls for answer sheets, and they took care of everything very quickly. The timing of ordering and service was exactly what we were told in advance. It was easy to settle up at the end. They had a microphone for our use, and each time we needed to use it someone always was there to help with on/off and volume. It was really something to get the attention of 60 ladies when we wanted to say something-but staff helped with a polite booming voice! Really a wonderful afternoon!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2019

Came for a birthday dinner and were met as such, nice touch. The bus staff seem overworked as they bring water, biscuits, dirty dishes with no help form wait staff or management...waiters could help at least a oittle bit when walking by tables and noting such. We poured our own wine, which is okay by us but more places like this pay more attention to that.

The food seems high priced, but good portion and quality. Hard to get real good seafood in St. Louis so this is a go to place. Also changing fresh seafood regularly with information on where it came from. Nice offering of one free dessert for the birthday lady...desserts enought to share. Will return for other special occasions. Seemed to have alively bar/happy hour scene.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

I just read the last few reviews. Opinions vary so much these days, and I get it: we all place importance on different aspects of a dining experience. Mine has been this:

Years ago when Bristol’s moved here, they brought the current woodwork, coppered ceilings, and ambiance with them (I asked...) HOWEVER, their standards for “serving the best” seafood and any other menu items, along with a friendly-homelike staff, also have sustained the years. I have travelled extensively for the last 45 years. That said...

I just finished a lunch of fresh swordfish steak, grilled spinach, and lobster risotto. The BEST swordfish I have ever tasted. Spinach and lobster risotto were excellent. ‘Was here for dinner back in January: My daughter said it was the best quality and flavorful steak SHE had ever had, along with the lobster rolls and “firecracker cauliflower”. Last year for Valentine’s, the VERY BEST succulent tender lobster I have had! They need to re-train some of my friends in Maine, I’m just sayin’.

This is phenomenal food. My opinion....

Check it out. It’s worth the effort.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

Ate here with a couple of coworkers for Dinner one night. I had one of the daily specials, the Mahi Mahi, and it was good but nothing special. In fact it didn't have much flavor at all. I also had the Lobster Mac & Cheese as a side and it didn't have much flavor as well. Having eaten at several other specialty seafood restaurants in places like New Orleans, Dallas and Atlanta I guess I was expecting a little more for a restaurant that's supposed to be one of the best seafood restaurants in St Louis.

Date of visit: February 2019