“Steak was like butter”

Bristol Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bristol Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Creve Coeur
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Ballas Road
Description: With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Bristol Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Bristol delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The steak here was probably one if the best steaks I've had in a long time. Found this place just by driving by but do glad we stopped in. Ordered the surf and turf and had them grill my shrimp. Steak was so tender and well seasoned. Definitely would go back. Very costly but well worth it.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place was quite a delight, while I was in Saint Louis on business. There were a group of us at dinner, so I had the opportunity try a variety of dishes. The lobster bisque, salmon, crab cakes, scallops and mashed potatoes were all superb! I will definitely go back, when I am in the area. If I could make one recommendation, it would be to upgrade the biscuits/rolls. They were pretty dry, even though the were served warm. Our server was very attentive and provided great service!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My mother has lived in the St. Louis area for over 50 years. Bristol's is one of her favorite places to have "special" dinners. When the opportunity came to get together with some family friends this was an immediate, and unanimous, choice!

We chose a very busy Tuesday to dine. The wait was brief, and the hostess staff kept us well informed. The service was outstanding, although our server had a very large party that she was also responsible for. A wonderful glass of wine, several appetizers, and the mains were all ordered at the same time. The spacing of courses was not rushed, but not belabored either. The food was GREAT!

Collectively we had: the ceviche (a MUST), smoked salmon flat bread, bone-in rib eye, bouillabaisse, and the barramundi. We sampled a bit of all, savouring each and every bite. The evening would not be complete if we did not have their carrot cake.

The moral of the story: maintaining a faithful following takes great food, great service, the freshest of ingredients, and attention to detail. If any of the above were missing there were numerous management check points (at our table) to insure that this was quickly resolved.

Try it for yourself! We will be back again...

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Dinner for two with cocktails (Including tip/15%) $150.00. Not a bargain! Large restaurant,excellent ambiance, except the "West" dining room is pretty barren. Nice seafood menu (except no live Maine Lobster the night we were there.). Serve an interesting homemade biscuit with a sweetened butter but no butter knife. Every thing is either mesquite grilled, blackened, or pan seared. No sauces whatsoever. I had a delightful Bluenose ($34), Cold water white fish), pan seared, exquisite - truly wonderful buttery flavor. A shrimp cocktail ($15) of 5 very large shrimp firm and tasty, and a very good cocktail sauce. Sides of grilled asparagus - just OK - and haricot vert - some perfect, some too chewy. Overall -Seafood: excellent. Everything else: so-so. My wife had the pan seared Scallops ($28) which were perfectly delightful - "the best ever" and three single oysters on the half shell; Malpaque ($2.25), Beau Soliel ($2.50), Fanny Bay ($2.75). They were quite good and fun, although they could have given her an oyster fork or pick to more easily extract the oysters. As it was she had to use a dinner fork and a table knife to remove one of the oysters! Her sides were once again unremarkable; brought cauliflower rather than the potatoes she ordered, then brought totally feckless potatoes. Her haricot vert were also unevenly cooked! For a "Fine" restaurant they seemed to have left the class before the course was over! One anecdote: While Ordering our "Starters" we told our server that we would not order Entrees until we had finished our appetizers so that there would be no "Entree overlap". She assured us that she was "too professional to allow that to happen ". Open mouth, insert foot (Table 744, 12/21/13 19:10:16)...hence a 15% tip rather than 25% for perfect service. Final note: at approx 8:00 pm a server adjusted the temp in our dining area down (outside it was freezing rain and 33 degrees) and my wife and I both had to put on our jackets. As I left I noted the thermostat had been adjusted to 67 deg. Isn't it wonderful that we have the freedom to choose whether we return to a restaurant or not! (No manager ever touched our table or our dining room.)

1  Thank Bill N
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I thought it strange to dine in a seafood restart while in a land locked area, but this is one great place. The crab cake appetizer is all crab, more so than some coastal restaurants I have visited. The scallops were cooked to perfections with sautéed brussell sprouts and grilled asparagus on the side that mdd it perfect.

Thus is a must do and it is also very busy so call ahead.