“Horrible service.”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 64 Restaurants in Creve Coeur
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 24, 2012

When I eat at a chain restaurant I expect so-so food but I want a consistent product and servers/staff who are at least attentive.

We ordered an appetizer, salads and pizza. Waited a very long time for the appetizer and when it was served no utensils were provided. The server plopped the plate down and took off. The app sat getting cold while we tried to flag down ANYBODY who would give us flatware. Several servers said they would tell someone else but nobody showed up. Finally had to get up and walk around until the hostess found ONE fork for us to SHARE. Unbelievable. Totally cold food by the time we ate it.

Salads and pizza were served next WITHOUT utensils again!! What is wrong with the management at this place? Tons of servers walking around without a clue that the customers actually matter.

Don't waste your money on the Creve Coeur CPK. At least if I buy their pizza frozen from the grocery store I can have a fork and knife if I want them, it costs less and I am not aggravated.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Even though I am still distraught that they removed my all time favorite item from the menu, mushroom ravioli, we decided to eat at the Creve Coeur location (Old Olive Street Road) tonight for dinner.

We arrived just after 6 p.m. and were seated immediately. The service was excellent, and we ordered within 10 mintues of sitting down.

We shared the wild mushroom pizza on the original crust, and while it didn't make up for my ravioli, it was still very good. I was leery of the walnut pesto it lists as part of the ingredients - I do not like nuts in anything - but the mushroom flavor covered any nut flavor there might have been.

All in all, very good.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

We have all had the famous California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza's and I can tell you that this great little gem located at the St. Louis Galleria is a great casual dining place to go to for the world famous cuisine. The menu included everything from pizza, to salads to other lunchtime sandwiches and subs. The place was pretty crowded but it didn't take us long to get a table. The waiters start you off with complimentary bread and butter while you wait for your order and the food doesn't take long, but comes in a great big portion. This is definitly a place worth visiting if you are in St. Louis, Missouri!!

Reviewed March 27, 2010

Typical chain restaurant, unfortunately, I was hoping for something more. The prices are too high and the food is just so-so. We tried the one inside West County mall. The service was great, seating was ample, no wait for lunch, but I was disappointed with the pizza. Felt like I could've saved a lot of money if I would've bought a pizza at Papa Murphy's and taken it home to bake myself...