“Disgustingly Filthy”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Chicago, Illinois
“Disgustingly Filthy”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here this past weekend and was extremely disappointed. I checked in late Thursday night and was exhausted; I didn't fully inspect the room the way I normally do when I check into a hotel. I just wanted to rest. When I pulled back the covers to go to bed, I noticed the sheets were thin and dingy. These sheets were a 70 thread count at best. There was also hair in the bed. I called to the front desk to request a blanket. I wrapped up in the blanket which was clean and hairless so that I could sleep on top of the covers. The next morning I saw just how filthy the room was. I had to place a towel over the pillow because again the 70 thread count and the pillowcase wasn't that clean.

The bathroom sink was dirty, one of the bath towels had long strands of hair folded up inside. The hallway was foul, the carpet was old and dirty. I was utterly disgusted. I'm used to much nicer hotels and this one did not measure up at all.

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel at your own risk.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelsinStyle247

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wow! what a nice lobby! But it ends there. Opened room door and knew I had been fooled immediately. Opened fridge and there was a subway sandwitch shop soda cup in there - still had ice in it. Went to set my bag on the chair and was shocked to notice a stain right there on the chair plain as day of a nature I will not describe here in detail. The carpet and even thge countertop were stained and the bathroom fixtures dirty. In the morning I grabbed a towel after my shower and as I brought it to my face to dry off I was overwhelmed by the smell of vomit. By the way bring your own soap and shampoo. Parking was also a hassle. Cheap though, I think I paid 26$ a night via priceline - just know you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank moody5493
Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The good--It was only $70.

The bad--It should have been $29.99.

The ugly--The room was VERY dated, spiderwebs with spiders in every corner, a tremendous amount of mold on the shower curtain, gross carpet and bedspreads from the 1980s. Also the website said the room had basic toiletries, hair dryer, and ironing board. It had none of these. The frig worked, but was turned down to the lowest setting when qwe got there and was barely chilled. They are painting the exterior so all the windows have plastic on them so you could not see out and they started scraping before 8AM so there was not any sleeping in for anyone on that side of the building. They need to forgo the exterior work and update the sorry rooms.

The good again--the front desk clerk was "Shocked" that our room (133) lacked the promised amenities and brought them to us quickly. The only thing in the room more modern than the 80s was the flat screen TV.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank christymfowler
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We ended up at this hotel as a result of spending a horrible night at one of the more expensive hotels in the area. At first we were a little apprehensive. However everything from the lobby to the cleanliness of our room quickly dispelled the myth that paying more for a hotel means better quality. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, especially Erin who went above and beyond to assist us. If you are coming to the St. Louis area for a weekend of site seeing, or are in need of a quick overnight stay.... Perhaps you are on a budget, and are less concerned with all the perks of a luxury hotel... Rest assured that this hotel is nothing short of a decent place to lay your head. The reason we did not give this hotel a rating of excellent is because we had difficulty checking in. There was a phone in the lobby with instructions to call a number... unfortunately there was no answer. We had to wait twenty minutes for the clerk to return. Secondly we were leaving the hotel on morning at 5:30 am and spotted a druken guest sleeping on the hotel grounds. No fault of the hotel of course, in fact one of the employees could be seen trying to assist this individual. Asside from these two incidents, the hotel was very modern, clean, and not too far from the airport. We were pleasantly surprised, and plan on making Homestead Suites our first choice for future travel to the St. Louis area.

Room Tip: This hotel does have connecting rooms. For more privacy and less noise, request a room without a con...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The hotel offered us a comfortable and welcoming stay. The staff were very accommodating and helped us ease back into the USA after a two week stay in Europe.
Could not have required more.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed at Homestead and received excellent service! The entire facility was very clean! Felt right at home. Only down-side is there is not continental breakfast but the kitchenettes are nicely equiped if you wish to bring your own groceries. Great stay and for a good rate! Will stay there again and would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Region39, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us about your stay. We appreciate the positive comments and will be sure to share them with the team. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I greatly recommend this hotel, not only for the extraordinary service provided by the staff, but also the overall appearance. At this hotel it is like a home away from home, you are actually part of the family when you step into this hotel. All the other hotels need to take note, Homestead Studio Suites St. Louis - Westport is the place to lodge. Thanks & keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#4 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central? Share your experiences!