“Outstanding Sunday Brunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Maryland Heights, Missouri
“Outstanding Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Excellent service. We went for the Mothers Day Brunch and were very pleased. Despite the crowd..."packed"
with a long wait , everything went smooth. Highly recommend.

Visited May 2013

“Micro-brewery with good food and great dessert!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. Yummy burgers and steaks, not to mention delicious desserts. Try the mini-dessert sampler. At just $6 these desserts aren't small in size or taste!

• Visited May 2013
St. Louis
“enjoyable - good food - friendly staff”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Granite City has predictable atmosphere: this is clearly a place that caters to groups of guys in ties going out after work. Dark wood, televisions in every corner, cute young waitstaff... and beer. Lots of good beer.

The clientele early on a Wednesday evening was mostly the aforementioned guys in ties, with some couples and a few families. Our server was very friendly and helpful. Drink menu featured a good selection of GC's own brews, as well as other craft beers, cocktails and wine. We ordered GC beers; I believe they were around $5 each, which I found very reasonable. Both our choices were excellent.

The menu is unimaginative but well-executed... the same sort of dishes you'd expect at Chili's, Houlihan's, etc, etc... typical mid-range midwestern fare. Appetizers were great. Don't neglect to request the 'available upon request' warm bread; it was very satisfying. My friend's baked potato soup seemed to be about 50% cheese. He loved it, though I would have found it too rich. An alfredo-sauced dish (with chicken; I don't recall the name) was well-received. It was not as cheesy-creamy as that in most St. Louis-area Italian restaurants; it was good, but different. Bacon cheeseburger was excellent. Fries were hot and crispy and generously portioned. Shrimp tacos featured lightly breaded and fried shrimp coated in a reddish sweet/sour sort of sauce. I would have preferred less sweet, but the contrast with the GC dip was good. (GC dip is sour cream-based and available for 99 cents extra; we tried it on pretty much everything). Shrimp tacos were topped with shredded lettuce and tomato. Slaw may have been a better choice with the Asian-inspired seafood flavoring, but they were quite tasty nonetheless. The accompanying rice pilaf was very good. A young companion ordered the Buffalo chicken wrap. He had made a bad choice; it was excellent but just too hot-and-spicy for his taste. The staff replaced it promptly with a grilled chicken wrap. We offered to pay for both, but they insisted that we accept the replacement (and box the first one) free of charge.

Staff was attentive and helpful. Location is in a strip mall, and has its own parking lot - not a charming view, but convenient. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Excellent Food, Prompt Service”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I have lunch at Granite City Food and Brewery a few times a year when we are in the area for a meeting. We were there yesterday and had an enjoyable meal. My wife had the Avocado, Bacon and Lettuce sandwich with fries, and I had a Chicken Salad Sandwich (1/2) with fries and a salad. The food was all very tasty. The chicken salad was especially good and the fries cooked properly. Our server was attentive, our meal served promptly, water and iced tea refilled as needed. We got to the restaurant about 11:40 am and were finished by about 12:20.

The only issue I had is that when I returned home I examined the check and think there was an error (one sandwich not priced properly, Mug Club discount not included). I didn't notice this when I paid; I am pursing this now the company to see what is going on. I should have questioned this before I paid so it could have been handled on the spot rather than by emails and phone calls.

• Visited April 2013
“Walleye or shoe leather...you make the call”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here on a Friday during Lent and spied the walleye sandwich as a daily special. Being partial to walleye and wanting fish on Friday it seemed like the right choice. I also ordered a small salad as a side. The salad greens looked and tasted old and the poor fish was fried into oblivion. The flsh had been dried beyond recognition and I suspect had I been inclined I could have resoled one of my loafers if I had a sewing kit handy. Other than that the place was what I would expect from a beer focused restaurant.