“Travels to St. Louis”

Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the best hotel/suite I have stayed in! The rooms were clean, workers were very accomidating, and they had the most for your buck in my opinion. I dont know many places that offer such a wide variety of cold and hot food for breakfast for FREE! They also had a happy hour on Tues, Wed, and Thurs nights. This was a great way to meet other guest, network, and relax. The hotel had rental vehicles for our company to use during our stay. (again for Free) The night before I was to leave I realized that I had a 5 hour wait between my conference/meeting and flight. Stefanie the night desk worker was so helpful. She told me the hotel would hold my bags for me, shuttle me somewhere during my wait time, and take me to the airport. Again how many places do you know that would help you so you were not stranded for 5 hours? I will NOT be staying anywhere but the Sonesta! Thank you for making my week away from my home and family an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrea K
Bill C, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello Andrea K,

Thank you very much for the great comments. Looks like we did our job in making your stay at the Sonesta a memorable visit to St. Louis. Stefanie is a great person and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a decent suite-based hotel, with large rooms and okay breakfasts. However, compared to the nearby Residence Inn (where we had recently stayed), this hotel falls short. For one thing, the hotel is under construction for refurbishment, and our room had not yet been refurbished and was rather tired-looking. The light dinners on weeknights were particularly disappointing, hard to make dinner out of these-- one night was advertised as "fajita night" but they substituted this with some disappointing ground taco meat. On the other hand, possibly in recognition of the construction, the price was right and you do get a lot of space for your money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2015

Hello SaintLouisTraveller,

Thank you very much for the nice comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Sonesta St Louis was an excellent value and the staff, including night manager Stefanie, went beyond the norm to make sure we were comfortable. There was some construction on-going but the pool was open and the hot breakfast was excellent.Where else could we have been able to sleep 7 people in a room for under $100 a night. The Sonesta made our stay in St Louis a trip to remember. Extra towels, key cards, and even suggestions on places to eat were provided with a smile. We cant wait to return next year and see what it looks like after all renovations are complete.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rshelt0n
Bill C, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello rshelt0n,

Thank you for your business and your feedback. I'm glad we made your visit to St. Louis a memorable experience. We look forward to having you back next year when the renovations are complete so we can show off our beautiful property.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We spent 4 nights 5 days here. First night we pull in construction everywhere. Kids run to the pool, one of the reasons we picked it, closed for season. Jack hammering in the morning, tvs did not work, the screen only worked on half of the tv. no parking spots close to our place. We asked for extra blankets and pillows on Sunday when we arrived for the pull out bed. Were told they did not have any until Monday that's when the laundry gets done. Had to go back to office to get silverware as there was only 2 forks 3 spoons and 5 of us, was told to take some plastic ones off counter in meeting room. The only bright spot was the patient cheerful attendant that smiled and tried to accommodate us every time we asked questions or needed something. After a few days of talking to her I found out the night before we checked in her house and family's house was torn apart by the tornado's! She was awesome and I would never have thought she would be in such great spirits and helped us as much! Stephanie Myles

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent 5 nights here and met other family members to celebrate our daughter's graduation from Washington University. This is actually an apartment complex which is being run as a hotel. There were renovations taking place during our stay, but they did not inconvenience us, except that the pool was not available. Each morning a good, hot breakfast was served and there was a pleasant reception on weekday evenings. It was easy to access highways. We were a little further from downtown than we wanted to be, but they are located in a nice residential neighborhood for walking, shopping, and eating out. The staff was friendly. We had difficulty running our TV with the VCR and exchanged cables with the second room we rented, and the desk staff did not seem concerned. The quality for price was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2015

Hello Jayne J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay while having your graduation celebration. Look forward to having you again.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel after reading the good reviews, compared to significantly worse reviews for a competing chain.

The hotel and room were very nice and clean. The property is currently undergoing renovation, but construction areas were clearly marked and it was never bothersome. Breakfast was decent, with good coffee.

Unfortunately, the level of service from employees left something to be desired. When we checked in with our 3-month-old daughter, the desk staff told me that the crib I'd reserved was already set up in our room. She verified this twice. However, when we got to the room, there was no crib, and it took more than an hour to get one after I called to ask about it.

One day, our room was skipped for housekeeping (we had the 'do not disturb' sign out, but removed it when we left at 10am), and when I called at 3:30pm, the crew had already left for the day. In order to get fresh towels, they made us come get them from the office, and when we got there, they had 5 employees standing around doing nothing. When asked why they couldn't bring the towels to our room, we didn't get much response. I felt like they should have brought them to us, considering that our room didn't get cleaned.

I hope that the renovation includes new televisions - the current ones are standard CRTs, not flat screen or even wide screen. Appliances are somewhat dated, but clean and worked fine.

The main thing I was frustrated about is the fact that the pool was closed for the season. We chose this property over another specifically because it had a pool, and the website had no mention of it being closed for the season.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was not my first stay at Sonesta ES Suites. Each time I have stayed I have felt welcomed from the minute I walked in the door. I was greeted by Ksi Penny who I knew from my last few visits, but this time I was greeted more like a FAMILY member. Ksi makes me feel like I am at home and not staying in a hotel. My father has been in and out of hospitals for years and this trip was my trip to say goodbye to my 93 year old father. Ksi understood what I was going through and told me she was there for me and anything that I needed. She made sure that I had enough towels, and Kleenex as well as anything else I needed. I also had the pleasure of having Stephanie Myles help me out when I needed anything. My father passed away this trip and Ksi even brought my package from the Funeral home to my door so I wouldn't have to go to the desk at a late hour. I love how much room there is in my room, and that I can cook my own dinners, at any time day or night. I am going to miss not going to ST. Louis and staying at Sonesta ES Suites in St. Louis. But most of all I am going to miss Ksi and Stephanie and the morning staff in the kitchen. I really felt like part of the family. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I liked being closer to the office, since I was alone I liked being able to park directly in front o...