Let me preface this review by stating that my husband travels almost weekly for business in Sales and is a Holiday Inn Platinum Priority Club member of which Staybridge Suites is part of the Holiday Inn or IHG family. Often times he travels alone, but this time, unfortunately I traveled with him. We love to stay at Staybridge Suites. They have always been consistant in providing a clean, spacious suite and nice amenities for travelers who need more than a simple room - either for an extended stay, to accommodate families with the option of multiple bedrooms or for business travelers like ourselves who need to work some from their hotel, then relax after a long day. We also travel quite a bit for pleasure and are easy to please - realizing we are not at home and staying at a hotel. . We have never complained before, even after I found a half-eaten sandwhich one time in a bathroom....interesting!
We arrived at the hotel at 10:00pm after a 10 hour drive from Minneapolis, and noticed they must have been doing some remodeling, due to all the junk (as it turned out to be roofing materials) all over. Upon checking in, my husband was told they were re-roofing but it shouldn't be a problem. We were "upgraded" to a 2 bedroom suite but were paying their standard rate of $140.00 a night for a single bedroom suite. When we entered our room, the first thing we noticed was all the black "stuff" on the inside door and on the wall to the left.........mold or mildue perhaps.....not sure but gross! The white? (it probably was at one time) kitchen counter was stained with something red. The 4 burner electric stove had one burner sticking up....not sure why. We entered one bedroom to find fingerprints all over the mirrored closet doors. The furniture was outdated......chunks missing from sides of the dressers for example, very old, dirty carpet, uncomfortable beds, cracks in the bathrooms, tube TV's and the "suite" looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a LONG TIME. We were both exhausted from the long drive and crawled into bed.......me in my clothes because I seriously wondered about the bedding.
The next morning, my husband left early for sales calls and I thought I'd check out the outdoor pool because the forecast was for temperatures in the 100's and was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. The pool was closed due to the hotel roofing/construction - too bad they didn't tell us when we arrived or had a note on their website, I walked around the grounds and noticed how in disrepair the hotel was....gouges in wooden steps and siding. This hotel needs MUCH more than new roofs.
Since there was no place for me to spend outdoors, I spent the day in our room. I had trouble with the tube tv's......one of the changers didn't work. When my husband returned, we went to their evening reception, hoping to grab a beer and perhaps a snack. The "bar-b-que" looked dried out and disgusting - served simply with chips. We decided it was safer to "pass", but thought we'd grab a beer from the keg in a cooler sitting out since it was 113 degrees. My husband was told the keg wasn't working........to which he responded "what does work around here". The staff member apologized but agreed with our frustration.
We spent the next night there, simply because it was close to a sales call my husband had to make the following morning, and knowing we would be leaving that day. My husband complained to the Sales Director/Manager who was apologetic but seemed surprised when he told him this was the filtiest hotel he'd ever stayed in and cited the specifics.
This hotel will no longer be part of the Holiday Inn organization as of August, 2012, and we understand why. It is FAR below any of the other Holiday Inn hotels we've stayed at including Holiday Inn Expresses.
We will never be back to this hotel, would never recommend this hotel to others and have complained to IHG Corporate. There are too many hotels to choose from, and many vacancies due to the economy to settle for a dirty, outdated hotel. Do better homework than I did when booking this hotel and find something better....we will when we return to St. Louis in a couple of weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis! Sonesta ES Suites is an all-suite hotel. Whether relocating to the area, in town for training, or just a quick weekend getaway, Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis is ideal. You'll find our hotel conveniently located near a variety of dining, shopping and entertainment venues in West County. Come visit Sonesta ES Suites, minutes away from Westport Plaza, and home to the St. Louis Cardinals, the St. Louis Blues and the St. Louis Gateway Arch. The one-bedroom and two-bedroom/two bathroom units feature fully-equipped kitchens and a separate living room - offering a spacious area with comfortable furniture for relaxing after a full day. Work areas provide a desk, high-speed wireless internet, and personalized voice mail. Hotel amenities include 24-hour service, complimentary hot breakfast and evening reception Tuesday-Thursday, business center, fitness room, outdoor pool* , and guest laundry facilities. Pets are welcome at a small fee. *Pool is seasonal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites St. Louis Hotel Creve Coeur
- Staybridge Suites Saint Louis
- Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis Saint Louis, MO - Creve Coeur