“Great place to stay outside of the city”

Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Joplin, Missouri
“Great place to stay outside of the city”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The rooms are huge and the price is right! The place was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was great! It is a little bit of a drive if you are planning to see the sights in St. Louis, but it might be worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Jefferson City
Reviewed June 13, 2011

A good place for our family of 5. Roomy and clean. Two bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen with a dining/living area all for the price of a hotel room, we considered StayBridge a real bargain. This property could use a renovation, but for the rate we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tripAdvisor member101
Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We met up with family in St. Louis recently stayed in a 2-bedroom suite at the Staybridge Suites, after getting a good price on their website. We chose this property because, when traveling with little kids who go to bed (and wake up) early, we prefer suite-type hotels, and this property also accepts pets in the room for a small fee. The room was very spacious and had all the basic kitchenware you could want, as well as a small welcome basket containing coffee, tea, and microwave popcorn. There was a tv in each bedroom as well as the one in the living room; the fact that each bedroom had its own bathroom was also much appreciated, as was the free wireless. It wasn't posh, and there were a few splash/spill stains on the couch, but the room was still in good shape and the towels were decently thick. The breakfast was good, if crowded at certain times, but the staff were very friendly and in fact when they saw that there were no tables left at breakfast they opened up the conference room for our family to eat in. The location was good, with lots of food choices and a great park within a short drive. Overall we'd definitely stay at this property again and will look into Staybridge Suites when traveling to other cities.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NashTN
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We found the Staybridge to really be a nice place over all to stay. The suites were nicely laid out, you couldn't hear neighbors and they couldn't hear you. It was nice having a living room to visit and a bedroom to sleep in. The foodservice was pretty good, with a choice of hot or cold breakfast items. They even had an evening free happy hour. Staff was nice and friendly.

Now for the things that bugged me. First and foremost the pool and hot tub doesn't open till Memorial weekend. Had we known this, we wouldn't have booked. The days we were there the temps were in the mid 80's and a pool or hot tub sure would have been nice. What might be lost on these folks is while temps in the 70's or 80's might not be that hot there, they are still 20 to 30 degrees warmer than where we are coming from. They should post a seasonal pool for reservations so travelers will know before booking.

The second thing, which depending on how you feel may not matter. The shower curtain rods were pulled down so they would not work. when you showered you covered the floor in water everytime. It appears they put the screws in sheetrock with no studs to anchor them, so they've been pulled down to make it impossible to keep the curtain closed. It is destroying their walls and will probably lead to a milldew problem over time. It's a ten minute fix, but so far they'd rather patch the wall than fix the problem. For me, I try and treat my hotel room as nicely as possible. It actually bothers me that they wouldn't want the same, as we called them about it and nobody showed up.

That said I would stay again, after memorial day and I would bring something to secure the shower curtain to keep it closed.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2011
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lggilmore
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We were travelling w/our 6 mos old baby. This set up was perfect...the baby could be asleep in one of the bedrooms & adults could be up visiting in living area. Kitchenette was also good to be able to keep milk/food for baby.
I thought the room was clean & the breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I found Staybridge Suites thru a rewards website. When I read what rooms they had available I was flabergasted. A 2 bedroom / 2 bath suite, with full kitchen and a sleeper couch. I was in heaven.
Both my husband and son are loud snorers. When we travel I never get any sleep and because the rooms are usually double beds I usually wind up on the floor, and cant move in the morning as I'm so stiff and then just crabby!
When We got to St Louis and we put the key in the door and opened it I screamed "Yes" I had my own bath and bedroom. My own television (no channel surfing from him). I never sat on a cold toilet seat in the middle of the night from someone leaving the seat up. I had 3 days of peace and quiet at night, No snoring, no beltching and no passing gas to listen too, And all this for just over $200.00 plus tax. If I ever go to St Louis again I will be staying at Stay Bridge Suites. We are going to Vegas in the spring and looking into their Stay Bridge for our stay

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Utah
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed three nights and while it was nice to have the extra space the room badly needed updating. Furniture was ripped and stained, beds were worn and uncomfortable, kitchen outdated. The breakfast was nice in the mornings, but overall wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creve Coeur
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
The Chase Park Plaza
#35 of 121 in Saint Louis
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis? Share your experiences!