“I have had better cajun” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill

Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Creve Coeur
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hazelwood, Missouri, United States
“I have had better cajun”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I know that I am not in Louisiana but this does not cut it. Red beans and rice were below average I had a grilled Cajun platter that had grilled Mahi Mahi, Atlantic Salmon and grilled shrimp. They fish was grill into shoe leather and the filets were of out of a food service grade of fish. The grilled shrimp was ok but not for $19! I love the location and atmosphere of the restaurant and really wished it do better. This was my second visit and it got worse than the first visit. Sorry won't go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brian C

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Love the cajun experience in St. Louis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

By far one of our favorite restaurants for lunch or dinner! We love everything cajun and they hit it on the mark. The Jambalaya is my favorite and my husband, who doesn't eat desserts, loves the beignets. It's great atmosphere when there is live music just be prepared for a wait -- it is worth it!

• Visited May 2013
St. Louis
“Good 'Nawlins food, live music at lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The atmosphere does remind me of a New Orleans lunch spot. The surprise was live music at lunch, very unusual for St. Louis, although of course pretty standard in New Orleans. The food was very good; there were two of us, and we ordered an alligator appetizer, the jambalaya, and a citrus mahi magi. The place was jammed, but the service was quick and attentive. This is an unusual alternative to the standard lunch joints along that stretch of Olive Boulevard.

Baltimore, Maryland
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am still in awe... A friend of mine suggested we go to this "seafood" place down the road. I was pretty skeptical since we are no where near the ocean. I was extremely surprised when the "cajun gods of seafood" entered my mouth. The food was extraordinary!! The Okra was to die for and the Jumbalaya had a special kick to it that left me wanting more! The service couldn't have been better and the MOJITOS...BEST I'VE EVER HAD! 5 Stars all around! Can't wait to go again!

st louis mo
“Good Gulf Seafood in St. Louis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have had several friends recommend this restaurant and they were correct in their raves.

Gulf Shores Restaurant is located in a strip mall along Olive Boulevard. It may be easy to miss if you are not paying attention. It is worth the effort to find it.

The place is decorated in Gulf and Louisiana memorabilia. There are pennants from several southern universities hanging in the dining room. There are a couple of nice salt water fish tanks in the bar and restaurant areas. There is a decent size outside dining area.

I tried one of their specials which was Crawfish and Shrimp Etoufee. The crawfish were nicely cooked and not rubbery. The shrimp were good size and nicely steamed. The etoufee was mildly seasoned, but there are several Cajun spices and sauces on the table for you to heat it up to your liking. The etoufee was served over yellow rice. The dinner was served with a side of steamed vegetables. My wife tried the fish and chips which allowed her to pick her sides. She went with Cod (you decide from several types of fish), steamed vegetables and hush puppies. The fish was fried to a nice golden color and was firm. Our son went with the mini corndogs and hush puppies.

This is a casual dining place with lots of families dining.

I saw a sign indicating that they have a brunch and a gospel brunch on Sundays.

I would recommend Gulf Shores if you are looking for a casual seafood restaurant in the St. Louis area.