“bad experience”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Creve Coeur
Dubuque, Iowa
“bad experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

we checked into this place and requested a smoking room..our room had only 3 pillows for a king bed and no ashtrays. when called the desk said they have no pillows and would not bring ashtrays to room. we had to go get them. when we entered the bathroom there was a pair of mens dirty underwear on the floor. none of our complaints were addressed nor did we get any apology from any of the staff. when we checked out the next morning the lady at the desk was extremely rude. never will i stay at another red roof again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aquinas_F, Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello, I want to take this time to apologize about the problems you encountered during your stay and things that you mentioned are totally unacceptable. We strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction and it seems as though we failed in this area. Please be rest assured that your complaint is not being taken lightly. We will correct this issue so that no other guest will experience the type of service you received. Please let me know what I can do for you so that you will give us another chance. Thanks in advance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is off of Lackland and hidden behind a Hooters. Not the easiest to get into with a large vehicle. Check in went smoothly. My room was on the third floor. Not the easiest to get go with heavy bags. I didn't see an elevator.
The exterior of the building is showing signs of age, cracks in the concrete, falling stucco on the ceilings etc.
The room was adequate. No major complaints. There was no coffee pot in the room (There is coffee in the lobby ).
I was disappointed that there was no continental breakfast.
On checkout, the clerk was not to be found. She was in a side office and talking on a speaker phone. I got tired of standing and waiting and being an unwilling third party to the conversation.
I'd stay here again, but only if every room in St Louis was booked.

• Stayed July 2013
Boston
Reviewed June 11, 2013

this is not a bad hotel for the money, which is why I give it 3 stars. We paid $50 for a decent hotel room. My wife thought it could have been cleaner, but I didn't really notice. The beds were fine, the location is OK, though the problem with the Red Roofs seems to be the smokers that stay there like to hang out on the walkway/porch and give it a seedy feel. There were a few questionable looking folks around, but for $50 bucks a night, you are going to have that element there. We didn't have any trouble when we were there.
There is no breakfast here, though I am not a big breakfast guy anyway. There is a QT station right next door you can get stuff at. They serve coffee and tea in the lobby anytime.
For the money, not a bad place, but definitely a step down from a Comfort Inn/La Quinta type place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vtjbrent
Reviewed May 23, 2013

During our overnight trip to St. Louis with our 4 kids (8 years, 6 years, 16 months and 6 months ) along with our dog, we had the best experience at this hotel. Jessica was very accommodating to our needs as a very large family. She provided very friendly service and was very kind to our kids as she was dropping off a pack n' play for our youngest. I will definitely stay there from now on. Jessica was truly amazing!

• Stayed May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was lured by the billboard advertising $39.99. The front desk informed me those rooms aren't available until after the summer (has summer already started?). Place was a ghetto. Dirty, AC didn't work....it was terrible....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WarEglTX
Jenison, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we were meeting friends there. I specifically reserved a non-smoking room, and the room they gave us reeked of smoke. I went down to the office and told them I wanted anther room because I'm allergic to smoke. They gave me another room, but made the excuse that it must have been the last person who stayed in the room who smoked in there(believe me, the room smelled so bad, that it couldn't have been just one previous guest). When we went to the next room, it was clean on the surface, but I found dirt and dust in all corners of the room and bathroom. Our friend's room was just as bad. We both made complaints to the front desk when we checked out, and were told that the place had just changed owners, and they were short staffed. This place has much deeper problems than the excuses we offered. I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 19, 2013

...but they gave me one anyway. I got into St. Louis a little early 2:00 and they said my room wasn't ready, so I went next door to Hooters (very convenient) to get a bite to eat and watch the start of the last round of the Masters. Came back at 3 and checked into my room and it reeked of smoke. I should have gone back to the office and told them that I didn't want smoking room (booked it thru Hotwire and they don't ask). But I thought "aww", they just went out of their way to clean my room and I could put up with the smoke smell for a couple of nights. So the odor was a bit offensive, but it wasn't until I went into the bathroom later that night to take a shower that I noticed the smoke/nicotine stains on the bathroom door. Unless you're looking for something like this, you may not notice it. But once I saw it on the door, then I noticed these dripping stains all over the door frame and even some around the fixtures and the ceiling in the shower. It made me realize that they hardly ever give this room a good cleaning. The staff was nice, but the room was not. Even a smoking room should not have stains all over the trim and the bathroom ceiling. Due to that, I cannot give this room a rating of more than 2. Next time I'll take a photo.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
#8 of 12 in Berkeley
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!