“clean and comfortable”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbia Stadium Boulevard
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed July 24, 2010

99.00 a night, but a good hot breakfast was included. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The pool was great for my kids. My daughter loved the jacuzzi. Would definitely recommend and stay there again if the need arose.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stopped for one night here during a thunderstorm on my way to Kansas and was pleasantly surprized at the price and quality. The hotel was being remodeled and the pool and work area was being renovated so not every feature was up and running. The morning breakfast was not bad for a hotel setting. The only down side to the stay was the smell of paint, but that is to be expected for just being painted.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stopped at this Drury Inn on my way from Colorado to Ohio. I didn't make a reservation as I didn't know how far I would be driving, but this was a great choice. The gentleman at the front desk offered me a cheap room for the night, but when he discovered I was traveling solo and would only need one bed, he upgraded me to a deluxe room with a king bed at no additional charge.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent and was truly a hot breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2009

My search criteria were for a decent hotel under 100.00 which accepted pets.

The hotel was like new, clean, friendly, secure and nicely decorated. The free sodas, cocktails, nachos, popcorn and veggie sticks were more than welcome after a day on the road.

The room was small but comfy. Mattress & bedding were excellent. The bathroom was teensy weensy, which would be my only criticism of this great hotel.

Breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I have ever seen. I had scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage patties, biscuits & gravy and lots of cold milk. There were lots of other choices, including waffles, asst cold cereals,toast, muffins, yogurt, juice, fruit and more. If you stay here, don't miss breakfast!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsLeslie
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Hotel is decent, we got a good price on Hotwire...would have preferred 2 queens to 2 double beds though. We stayed in this room with 3 young (6 and under) kids. The pool was great for them. The best part of this place is the breakfast! Good coffee, lots of choices--eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage and then your typical continental faire.

The hotel overall seemed slightly outdated, but everything was clean and in good condition.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Drury Columbia on our cross-country move. We arrived around 9:30 pm and found no one at the hotel desk. We waited more than 10 minutes, other travelers arrived, and I knocked on the counter and said, "Hello!!" Finally, I called the front desk from my cell phone, and a clerk sauntered in to answer the phone.

Once she checked us in, we went to our room. While it was relatively clean, the carpet and furnishings were worn. We were grateful for the free soft drinks since we'd been traveling all day.

The hot breakfast was okay. . . .better than some places, the same as others. The coffee was very average.

I'd probably stay there again if we happened to need to stay in Columbia simply because they accept pets and because it was clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Columbia Stadium Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2009

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered upon arrival at the hotel waiting to be checked in. If a team member needs to leave the front desk for a short period of time to assist other guests (for example: when a guest requires extra supplies to be delivered to their room), we do have signage that says "Be Back Shortly" to notify any new guests that the team member may be away from the desk for a short time. Thank you for letting us know about your experience because it helps us to identify any concerns with our team to make the appropriate improvements for upcoming stays. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management for further follow-up. If you have any further questions about Drury, please let us know how we can help. Again, thanks for your feedback and we do hope we'll have a chance to see you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2009

General: This was our first day at a Drury Inn, after reading lots of positive reviews on various Drurys, here on Trip Advisor. Our room was very clean, including the bathroom. As we travel with cats, we appreciated that Drury welcomed pets, and gave us a room near an exterior door. We were able to park right outside our room, to haul our cats in and out.

Location: Very convenient freeway exit location for those traveling on I-70. Several restaurants also nearby.

Cost: This hotel cost significantly more than the one- or two-start freeway-exit hotels in Columbia. But it offered higher-quality bedding, amenities, and much larger breakfast area and breakfast food selection. For a one-night stay, I would probably prefer to save money by staying in a budget Columbia hotel, but if you prefer extra comforts, definitely consider the Drury Inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple