“The toilet runneth over!”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbia Stadium Boulevard
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here last Friday night after our daughter gave birth at a local hospital. I made the resevation by phone on our way to Columbia, the gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and kind. Upon our arrival Friday evening, the young lady at the front desk was very sweet. We went upstairs to our room/suite (312) to drop off our things and use the facilities before going back out for a late dinner. The toilet was flushed and water quckly over-flowed onto the floor. We immediately went back downstairs to inform the front desk clerk. She indicated that she was the only person available on staff and would check on it when she got a chance. I emphasized the water was flooding into the room! The clerk quickly assigned us to a family size suite on the 5th floor. We went back to room 312 to get our luggage and by this time the water was seeping under the door and out into the hallway. Room 527 was nice, however the bathroom seemed a bit small and the pillows on the beds were not the greatest. We typically bring our own pillows, but we left home quickly, as our daughter was in labor and we had a two hour drive to get to Columbia. Never again will I forget to bring our own pillows!! Also, the AC seemed difficult to regulate to a comfortable temperature and the blower was quite loud. This hotel seems a bit over-priced, but we figured it was because of the location of being in a college town. The breakfast was average, but I have had better at other hotels. The coffee was very strong and the fruit was over-ripe. If we had to spend another night in Columbia, we would probably not choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure the toilet works properly before unpacking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbia Stadium Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and do want to reassure you that the toilet has been fixed. We are also looking into the air conditioning issues and they will be fixed soon. It is very helpful for us to hear from our guests because it helps us to identify any concerns with our team to make the appropriate changes for upcoming stays. If you have any further questions about Drury, please let me know how we can help. Again, thanks for your feedback and we do hope you'll give us another chance to see you as our guest again soon!

Suzann Richerson

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The staff was super friendly which is why I bumped this hotel to a 4 star review. In our room, the phone did not work and the bathtub looked heavily worn. We used the pull out sleeper. The lines supplied were 2 pillows (no pillow cases), a blanket, and 2 hand towels. I called down for sheets. It took 2 trips to get it right. At breakfast the soda machine severed flat soda, otherwise the food was fine. The indoor pool and hot tub was nice. We got a late checkout (1 pm) so the kids could swim longer which was very nice also. Overall it worked.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Staff is very kind and helpful. The light snack dinner will carry you through if you are trying to save on money, but you get the same thing every other day: Hot dogs, chicken strips, salad, meatballs and noodles in marinara sauce, baked potato, chips, cheese sauce for chips, soup or chili.
Breakfast is the standard hotel breakfast, not bad. You get a drink card to get wine, beer, or some alcohol drinks (limit 3/day).
Rooms are nice, but at this time it's very noisy as they are working on the highway and intersection right next to the hotel. The location is great, nearby restaurants, mall, grocery store, hospitals, university and highway.
Even with the noise I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: try to stay in a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and I stayed here over a weekend. Love the evening cocktails and snacks! The breakfast has everything you would need. But, we had a double room and the beds are small they seemed smaller than some other hotel chains our friends thought the same thing the vanity's are small also. Just a FYI. That may not bother some people. Otherwise it's a good hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A bit pricey as Drury Inns go -- and not as nice as some, but they serve a good breakfast (with good coffee), and we enjoyed the wine and hot dogs in the evening. We don't normally have the two together, but after 12 hours of driving, it worked. Our room with back door to pool area was a bit noisy, so if you're not traveling with kids, you might want to request one w/o this feature.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I Had the pleasure of spending 8 nights the past 3 weeks while attending a summer class at Mizzou. The staff here is very customer service orientated. Tony, the Daytime Front Desk Clerk was most attentive, friendly and very helpful during my stay. He made you feel like a valued customer by knowing your name and showing a genuine concern about how you are enjoying your stay. The rooms were clean and inviting. There were plenty of outlets to keep your technology humming. The Flat Screen TV was awesome. The Microwave, and Fridge were good enough. The Breakfast set up was great as well as the food put out in the evening. It kept me in a few nights because there was no need to go out with the spread they had. The Drury has a great lineup of Front Desk Personnel as well as those who kept the grub flying off the stove. I would highly recommend joining the Gold Key Club. By signing up on line you get a thousand point bonus. So what are you waiting for????

Room Tip: Second floor is convenient to take the steps for frequenting the Dining Area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Looking for a great place to stay? Check out the Drury Inn in Columbia, MO. I spent the night of June 3 at the hotel. I didn't have a reservation but the receptionist was able to book me in to a King room on the 5th floor. Upon entry I could tell that the room, even though converted, had been a smoking room. The smell of smoke was still strong. I went downstairs and expressed, in a kind way, that the room was a smoking room. She explained that they had recently switched to all non-smoking rooms. She asked if I would take a king room that opened onto the pool. I expressed that I didn't want to be in a windowless or interior room. She upgraded me to a larger room with couch. The room was perfect!

I was really impressed that she worked hard to help me find a room I would like at no extra cost. I was ready to change hotels. They worked with me and made me happy. The upgraded room was comfortable, the AC not too loud, and the toilet/tub were separate from the sink.

Drury has a good set up. If you arrive between 5:30 and 7:00 you can take part in their Happy Hour. There was wine, beef, soft drinks, and hot and cold food. I did have wine but chose not to sample the hot dogs, chips, salsa, and salad. There were other nibbles.

My bed was comfortable and the pillows held up to the wait of my head. I didn't here the sounds of those above me or below me. I was able to park close to the door. I am an early riser so I left before breakfast. But even so, I was able to grab some fruit, coffee, and have a nice conversation with the night clerk.

A great stay! The hotel was clean and staff super helpful. I would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the steps take a room at either end of the building and you can park close to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo