“Great Place to Stay!!”

Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Portageville, Missouri
“Great Place to Stay!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a wonderful, clean room! It was right across the street from the mall, and there were many restaurants nearby! Even though there was some road construction going on right by the hotel, it didn't really hinder our entrances or exits. Only thing that bothered me was how much they raised the room rates during graduation weekend--ugh!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby are more quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
tennessee
Reviewed May 12, 2013

A good value...clean, comfortable plus a very professional & friendly staff. Located on a busy street next to large shopping mall and many restaurants. The hotel is quiet.
Did not take advantage of nay of the free food or drinks but seems like a nice perk!

Barnhart, MO
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family recently visited MIZZOU and spent the night before our visit here. The hotel was very clean. The front desk very accommodating and the food was great, as all Drury Inn's we visit. Drury is SUCH a great option when traveling with children...the free food is SUCH a bonus!!!!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here the night of April 5, 2013. My friend and I really enjoyed our stay for the following reasons: They not only have a nice free breakfast, but they also had a happy hour complete with 3 free drinks, a baked potato bar, soup, and pasta along with stuff like nachos and veggies. I loved the happy hour service. This allowed us to not have to leave the hotel for either dinner or breakfast. My biggest complaint would be the fact that the hotel allows dogs. We heard a disturbance in what we thought was the room next door to ours, and considering the fact that I had requested a quiet room when I submitted my reservations, I definitely didn't want to wind up in the night with barking dogs. I had also called the day in advance to confirm my reservations and to reiterate that I did not want a smoking room and I did want a quiet room. So, as we met the elevator to go down and see about moving to another room, we encountered a woman with a dog that was barking. As my friend exited the elevator, the dog almost bit her. So, we deduced that this must have been the dog we heard barking. So we stayed in the room we had without further incident. However, the next day while loading up, we observed two more dogs in the hotel.

I don't dislike animals. I have pets myself. But I don't want to go away and pay to stay the night comfortably and have to deal with other peoples' pets. Pets should be boarded. I don't know if this is becoming a common practice among hotels, but I will have to ask about this in the future.

I forgot to mention that the bed was as comfortable as any I've ever slept in! It rivaled mine at home with soft comfy linens and a cushy mattress.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here about 2-1/2 years ago and was amazed that it was still top-notch. Sometimes hotels decline over the years but the staff obviously takes their jobs serious. Great evening spread for dinner and an ample offering for breakfast as well. Free wi-fi and a nice, large flatscreen TV rounded out a very nicely equipped room. When in the area, I will stay here again. It's right across the access road from the Columbia Mall which is very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff here was so friendly and welcomed us more than once. Even the housekeeping staff each made sure they smiled and said hello. Staying in a hotel 300 nights a year you don't always see that. Clean and comfortable and plenty to eat nearby. Great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had an excellent experience at the drury inn. All the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. the kickback hour and breakfast were amazing! Quality drinks, fresh food, served buffet style. The rooms were clean, along with the lobby and pool area. We'd definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2013