“Tried and True”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
St. Peters, United States
“Tried and True”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 7 years. It is always clean and comfortable with a very polite and helpful staff! They are very dependable, we always get what we are expecting. The complimentary breakfast is good, the hotel safe and clean. The kids love to use the pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Though a Hilton Honors member for quite a few years, I'm relatively new to the Hampton Inn itself. Now, after staying a few places, I'm very impressed with Hampton Inn's. This one in Columbia was no different. Consistently excelled in accommodations and services. I've stayed in much more expensive and opulent hotels, but none surpass the friendliness and exceptional care given that this level of hotel. Strongly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Preston, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this Hampton before and it is always clean & comfortable. The hotel was full this time & we had to take a different room then we preferred but it was clean & smelled nice. Check in was quick & the staff was nice. The only issue we had was the ice machine on the fifth floor had very dirty ice with chunks of stuff & blacks spots frozen into the ice. I took the ice to the front desk & they cleaned the bucket and the ice from the first floor was better. A out of order sign was put on the 5th floor machine a little later. Overall a fine place to stay and pretty typical for a Hampton inn. The eggs at breakfast were gross but that is fairly typical.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Caniah S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, August 23, 2015
Dear jnchart,

First let me thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. I was saddened to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. We apologize for the food and beverage issues. Your feedback proves to be invaluable and I have forwarded these comments to the appropriate departments for immediate improvements. Thank you again.
Adrian, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

First let me say that I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times. We love the beds and we love that it is clean. HOWEVER, this time I was pretty disappointed. Our room was clean, the bed was comfy. The window heater / a/c unit had a cold air draft around it that could have kept an ice cube tray frozen. I'm not sure what was up with that. We checked in and the gal at the counter was on her cell phone back behind the little partition but you could still see her and she kept giving me the "one minute and I'll be there" look and held up finger. We checked in and I asked for an extra pillow and it was never sent up. We went to the pool and the water was frigid and the spa was not working. Breakfast was fine. We decided to check out early and find a different place to stay because we really wanted to just relax and part of that relaxing was some pool time and spa time. It sure wasn't going to happen here! The person in charge of the desk was also in charge of the breakfast and though it wasn't her fault she was the only one, it took forever to get checked out because she kept running back and forth to the breakfast area. I told her about the draft around the window unit and she looked at me and said, "Oh, ok" and I know she probably forgot about it as soon as I told her. Like I said. We usually love Hampton Inn, but I'm really going to think long and hard before staying at this one again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I found the Hampton Inn to be a very nice stay while visiting my son at Mizzou. Convenient to campus and downtown. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast featured healthy options. Will definitely stay again! A better value than the Hampton located closer to campus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank J N
wichta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hotel close to I-70. Very clean hotel. Rooms were quiet. Beds and pillows were comfy. Bathroom was clean. Hot breakfast with anything you would need for breakfast. Staff were very nice and always are if you need anything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Archbold, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The pool was way too cold to swim in, especially for our little children! We told the staff and the guy said it would take a few hours to warm up-- we said that was fine because we planned on swimming later AND we planned on swimming the next morning. But when we went swimming later it was clear that he did not do anything to warm up the pool. It was still too cold to get in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family