“Great!”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here on my way and liked it so much I stayed again on my way home. Both times the front desk greeted me warmly and were extremely helpful giving me directions to the grocery store. The rooms were clean, lots of towels and even a lap desk for my laptop. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower.
Next time I travel this way I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We made a last minute reservation at this Hampton that is conveniently off Rt 70. We had a late check-in and found, for the security of guests, the front door is locked at 11 pm. I picked up the phone in the lobby and was immediately greeted by the desk clerk. She was extremely pleasant, informative and seemed to genuinely care we had arrived safely! and wanted to know why we were staying with them. The hotel has been recently remodeled from top to bottom. It's always the little details that hotels seem to forget when they remodel but this Hampton got everything just right! We had a room on the 2nd floor but when parking on the side, it is unnecessary to use the elevator, as it walks straight onto the second floor. The room smelled fresh and clean, with a very very slight (and pleasant) "new carpet" smell. At second glance, the room was extremely clean, the shower had plenty of pressure and hot water, the bathroom was larger than expected, plenty of towels, my kid's socks were not at all dirty after they walked around the room. The most important part of any hotel stay is the beds! I have to say it was the most comfortable bed we slept in during our entire 2 week vacation! It felt like home and we all slept soundly for the first time in days. To top it off, there is a sign placed on the beds that indicates all linens are freshly cleaned for every guest, INCLUDING THE COMFORTER! Usually, the first thing I do when arriving at a hotel is to strip the bed of the comforter and the top heavy blanket because it's always questionable as to how often, if ever, they are cleaned. At this Hampton, I actually USED the comforter. In my world, that's saying something!! The breakfast was good with cereal, waffles, toaster items and some hot food. It would've been nice to have more "kid-friendly" options such as a plain cheese omelet, instead of a Western omelet and separate bowls of fruit options, instead of a mixed bowl of pineapple, grapefruit and oranges but we all found something to eat. The staff are exceptional! Very friendly, accommodating and sincerely interested in where you are from and where you are headed. The manager was walking around checking the display of food and talking to guests. The kitchen staff member was one of the nicest people I've ever met and was very particular about placing fresh apples throughout the hotel. She even brought my kids coloring pages and Twizzlers after they ate. You can tell she loves her job. I wish we weren't headed home and could have stayed longer! We will be back when passing through again next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We took a trip from Colorado to Indiana for a family get together. One of our nights we stopped in Columbia at the Hampton Inn Columbia. We had read great reviews on Trip Advisor, so chose this inn over the University location, which also got high reviews. This is just off of the interstate, but far enough away that you do not even hear it. It takes a bit of navigation to get over to the inn, but once there, there is lots of parking available. The inn is large, I think it was five stories. it is located on a hill so the first level is actually underground in the back. This is where the pool is located. We relaxed and soaked in the pool and hot tub. The rooms are dated, but in great shape, they keep them very clean and the beds are standard Cloud 9. They also have windows that you can open, which we like. We had fresh air for sleeping! The breakfast was standard fare, and was restocked quickly. they had waffles, bacon and eggs with peppers. There was also coffee and juice available. We would stay at this inn again. The staff was great and the inn was quiet!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Telkbear
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel staff was the best staff I have ever see. I stayed here for two weeks for business. They are very accomodating. I did not have a microwave in my hotel and I had asked for once since I was on an extended stay. The next day, someone brought me up a microwave. Hotel was very clean. Rooms were also clean. Very quiet and I slept perfect! The housekeepers were very friendly. They even made an effort to learn and call you by your name. Internet was a little slow. But, I would definitely stay here again, it was a home away from home!

Room Tip: ask! they will accomodate!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stopped here on a cross country drive. As a member of HHonors, I figured this would be just another chance to pick up some points but the Front Desk Personnel made a enjoyable stay.

They were very personable, knowledgeable and efficient. Even though I arrived late in the afternoon and did not have a reservation, I was checked in fast and the staff was ready willing and able to answer any questions I had.

The room was a typical new style Hampton and the bed was extremely comfortable. the only drawback was that I had a room on the side facing I-70 and the road noise was noticeable but not overwhelming. If you are a light sleeper, get one on the side away from the expressway. Several eating options are in the immediate area including White Castle, one of my long time loves (not for everyone).. One thing that gave me a chuckle was the small rubber ducky provided for your bath.

The breakfast was plentiful and better than most Hamptons i have stayed at.

As I make the cross country trip twice a year, I will likely stop here next time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank skibuff
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We have stayed here a lot. Very happy, even before the remodeling. Most recently we did experience a bit of a delay at 4pm in getting our reserved room, as they had a tournement with a lot of late checkouts, but that was fine, the staff here always is so upbeat that I can;t get mad. That takes a lot for me, usually I can get mad just fine, but these folks seem to keep me happy. Typical Hampton beds and facilities.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We were in Columbia for a swim meet and had our hotel chosen for us by our team president who had previously had a positive experience at this location. The hotel is in the midst of a total renovation. The parts which are complete, including our room, looked very nice and upscale. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. There was quite an array of choices at breakfast. While they weren't fully stocked after the morning breakfast rush, when we asked the staff to restock items, they were always very kind about it and willing to do it. My kids liked the board games you could check out from the front desk to play in your room, especially since the pool was closed for renovations while we were there.

Our only complaint was about noise. The new toilets are extremely loud when you flush them! The hallway doors seem quite tight in their frames which makes closing them quite loud--no way to do it quietly when someone is still asleep. The sound insulation in the hallway doors in nonexistent. We could hear EVERYTHING in the hallway, which was quite a lot given the number of children staying at the hotel that weekend. Our room faced 70, so we heard a lot of highway traffic overnight.

• Stayed: March 2011