“Nice stay”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We have stayed here a lot. Very happy, even before the remodeling. Most recently we did experience a bit of a delay at 4pm in getting our reserved room, as they had a tournement with a lot of late checkouts, but that was fine, the staff here always is so upbeat that I can;t get mad. That takes a lot for me, usually I can get mad just fine, but these folks seem to keep me happy. Typical Hampton beds and facilities.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 10, 2011

We were in Columbia for a swim meet and had our hotel chosen for us by our team president who had previously had a positive experience at this location. The hotel is in the midst of a total renovation. The parts which are complete, including our room, looked very nice and upscale. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. There was quite an array of choices at breakfast. While they weren't fully stocked after the morning breakfast rush, when we asked the staff to restock items, they were always very kind about it and willing to do it. My kids liked the board games you could check out from the front desk to play in your room, especially since the pool was closed for renovations while we were there.

Our only complaint was about noise. The new toilets are extremely loud when you flush them! The hallway doors seem quite tight in their frames which makes closing them quite loud--no way to do it quietly when someone is still asleep. The sound insulation in the hallway doors in nonexistent. We could hear EVERYTHING in the hallway, which was quite a lot given the number of children staying at the hotel that weekend. Our room faced 70, so we heard a lot of highway traffic overnight.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I love the location, right off I70 and convenient to my work while in town. Fast food options, gas stations, and a Hooters within walking distance. Walmart and HyVee also close by.

They are in the midst of remodeling, and the rooms and hallways are looking new...carpeting, flat screens, wall paper, and they say bathroom fixtures, so maybe some new toilets, but the bathroom looks pretty much the same to me and the last one was clean and functional.

However my biggest complaint of this hotel are the windows and AC units. Windows can open, but when closed do not block out the interstate noise. The AC units are very loud and never seem to run the way I want them to run and stay running without cycling, even in the non-auto mode they still shut down when the temp is reached, which because they are so loud will scare the heck out of you in the middle of the night when they clunk on or off.

Breakfast is pretty good and includes the typical Hampton fare, including waffles! Service at check in was good and efficient,so no complaints there at all.

Overall I am satisfied with this hotel and with the remodel, looks to be improving and feeling new. But until they replace the windows, and quiet down the AC units a bit, I may look at my other Hilton type options and spread the weath a bit while in Columbia.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank idontlikechina
Reviewed December 29, 2010

A rather typical Hampton Inn, but with very good service and excellent presentation.

It is located next to the interstate (my room was away from it) and close to a selection of fast food restaurants. The entire hotel is spotless! I had a room with a comfortable king bed, small refrig, desk/chair, easy chair and ottoman, and a large screen flat panel TV with a large selection of local and premium channels. An amoire provided a place to hang clothes. The room did not have a microwave.

Breakfast was well done with three hot items and a selection of pasteries and other common items. Better than average.

This hotel is a great value!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Nice, stopover on our way to Colorado. Clean, comfortable beds. Easy to find from the I70.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My wife, 13 year old son, and I stayed at this hotel in late August. The location is at the intersection of two main highways so navigating the access roads was a bit of a trick but not impossible if you keep a keen eye on the traffic.
The staff was very friend and helpful. The room was clean and everything was in great condition. The pool area was very clean and quiet.
The staff gave us directions to a nearby shopping and dining locations.
The breakfast was very good. Hot and the area was very clean.
My only complaints are the air conditioning unit made a lot of noise starting and stopping throughout the night and there is a bit of noise from the nearby highway. I would bring a fan next time to generate some white noise.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again during my next trip to Columbia MO.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2010

great bargain, no complaints I was pleasanty surprised at the quality the staff was great, very clean

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends