“Recent Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia

Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
lees summit, mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am not a person who normally writes reviews. However I felt compelled to recount our family stay at this hotel. It was not pleasant. We had difficulty with our reservations. Something that we have not experienced at other hotels for tournaments. Our reservation was originally for 2 nights but upon finding the soccer games were changed we did not need Friday night, only Saturday. I called 10 days before arrival and a clerk at the hotel made the change in reservation. I made a second call to the hotel the day before arrival to verify that our reservation was in order for the 1 night. This time I spoke with the manager who said there was no change in the reservation and that it was for 2 nights. When I explained the situation as to who I spoke about the reservation change, the manager said he would speak with the employee and that he would not adjust the bill because the cancellation was not within their 72 hour policy. I called Corporate afterwards and to no avail could they assist in rectifying the situation. I was told it was up to the individual hotel. When we arrived on Saturday, I again worked with the manager in correcting the reservation and bill to reflect 1 night's stay. When I reexplained the situation and when/who I spoke to, I was told that employee was not authorized to make changes in the reservations. So if this was the case, why was I not notified? I was also told it was written into the contract that the stay was for 2 days. At this point, our team manager pulled out the contract, and showed there was no 2 day minimum stated. And to continue, there were 3 other families that were allowed to cancel their 2 days for 1!! Unscrupulous business practices and never will I stay at a Baymont or Wyndham again, nor recommend to others!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank gary k
baymont34546, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Chili Peppers group member: I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this experience has caused. We can definitely understand how frustrating this would be, especially in event like this. Sometimes is very difficult for the hotel to make any changes when signed contract reservations, unfortunately yours was one of the signed contract , and all what we explained to you were the facts, we know you were happy during your stay but as I mentioned before, frustration, even if caused by others someone else will suffer and even if the facts were different. Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope you will give us another chance, to show you the high level of hospitality that Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia, Missouri practicing every single day.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a very convient location, and they accept pets. However, we ended up not bringing our pet...
I don't really know when it was last cleaned. It was nasty.
It had a bonus fridge and microwave, however there were leftovers from someone else's stay already in there.
they had the coffee maker. With old coffee still in it, including the icky filter.
And the pipes made a terrible sound for a minute or two after the toilet was flushed.

The towels were soft.
That is about it.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found your room less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

WEBB CITY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The staff were very nice, rooms decent. The breakfast was horrible. The buscuits were as hard as a rock and unetable. I went to the fitness room earl;y in the morning only to find out it didn't open until 9a. Makes no sense, especially if you are traveling for business. After 9a I went back several times but my key would not work in the door. Too many issues for me to go back to this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymont34546, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our breakfast and fitness room less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve, and we shall do our best to make your next trip more enjoyable and satisfactory.