“Dirty sheets with holes, bad wifi, closed pool”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
“Dirty sheets with holes, bad wifi, closed pool”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Have stayed at bayonet about 5 years ago and liked it. Very disappointed this time. Sheets had following problems: small blood? Stain, pulled, small holes. Wifi didn't carry to the room. Wifi didn't work in lobby. Tried to print boarding pass but printer didn't work. Pool was half empty and closed (in middle of the summer). Toilet plugged and staff gave
Us a plunger rather than help solve problem. Towels werent dried all the way (damp).
The staff was nice and the building is well constructed and quiet but the management needs to be trained on basic expectations of travelers.

• Stayed August 2011
baymont34546, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Baymont Inn & Suites in Columbia, your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. The hotel’s management has reviewed your comments and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.(Sorry about the pool has been closed for 3 days-reg. maintenance)

Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Baymont Inn & Suites hotels as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from the Baymont Inn & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

In a recent 15 night, 12 hotel tour of the west, this motel ranks as the worst of the 12.
Interestingly, the first time I tried to post a negative review, it was rejected. This
may explain why Trip Advisor ratiings are not as useful as they might be. The positive reviews I submitted were not rejected. Regarding the problems with
our room at the Baymont, the doors did not close properly (bathroom door and entry
door). The sheets were yellow (I am pretty sure they were originally white). There was
a bad odor in the entry way. The first two sets of keys that I was given, did not work.
The third time was the charm.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area, so this one can be avoided.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed at the Baymont for a baseball tournament. The staff is very rude and upon complaining once told one of the other players parent if we did not like it we could go to another hotel. Room was very dirty. I cleaned it myself upon arrival. There was soap left in the soap dish in the shower, the bathroom faucet was dirty, urine on the toilet and floor, microwave had leftover food in it, floors were dirty. I hope the sheets were clean. the shower did not drain. Yuck!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kmbrn
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Just do yourself a favor, if you are making reservations in advance don't plan on canceling them at all. I just tried to cancel for this weekend (there was a death in my family) and I was told by the Baymont Customer service and the hotel itself that I can not cancel. It is only Wednesday. I asked them to cancel one of the two nights, and conveniently they can't do this. This is awful customer service! I will never stay at a Wyndham brand hotel ever again. They are getting my last $200 this weekend for a room I will never check into.

Stayed November 2010
baymont34546, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Dear Melissa: I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this experience has caused. We can definitely understand how frustrating this would be, especially in event like this. Sometimes is very difficult for the hotel to make any changes to third parties reservations,( Internet booking, non-cancellable reservation, advanced purchasing booking, sold-out week end....) unfortunately yours was one of them, and just to let you know you were charged only one night. Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope you will give us another chance, to show you the high level of hospitality that Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia, Missouri practicing every single day.
Warrenville, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

I have to say that overall, I have stayed in Columbia about 10 times at 4 different hotels. I have had very good experiences at all but one. That said this hote staff was well above the others, I felt. We also spoke to another customer at breakfast who has spent a great of time in Hotes and she also found what we did that this hotel were exceptional.Thank you to the staff for such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rasplicka
Farmington, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

This weekend, my husband and I joined three other couple to attend the Mizzou Homecoming in Columbia, MO. We had made our reservations last November and came to check in at the hotel with our 4 confirmation numbers in hand. We arrived a bit early so we were told that we could check into one of the rooms that had already been cleaned..so we would have a place to drop our bags. We informed the front desk attendant (who we later learned was the manager) that we would not be back to officially check in to the other 3 rooms until after the game and it would be late (the game started at 7 p.m.). He said he could take our credit card information right then and they would have our room keys ready when we arrived back at the hotel. So.....we tailgated, enjoyed a great game and took our time visiting with old friends that evening. When we arrived at the hotel at around 1 a.m. two of the three couples got checked in and headed to their rooms which left me and my husband to check in.....only to find that there was no room for us. This front desk attendant informed us that he could not find any information for us in the computer. How could that be when we were at the hotel that day and everything was fine....after all...we had our four confirmation numbers in hand and they took our credit card. Still, the attendant informed us that there was no room for us. He stated without any hesitation, "I don't know what happened but we don't have a room for you." After he stared at the computer for a while and clicked away with the mouse- it was now 1:30 a.m. and we were no closer to having a room than we were 30 minutes ago. I kept stating to the attendant that we were just there this afternoon and even gave our credit card to the manager. At this point he called the manager on his cell phone and proceeded to explain the situation, which he had no clue what the actual situation was. They could not get anything resolved over the phone so now the manager was going to come back to the hotel to look things over. After the phone call and the time it took the manager to arrive - now it is close to 2 a.m. As I am sure you would expect, our patience was wearing very thin. When the manager arrived he did not even acknowledge that we were there. He went straight to the front desk and started shuffling papers around and clicking on the computer mouse. He said to the attendant that when he left, everything was fine and that we had a room and now we did not and wanted to know what happened. We listened as they discussed the shuffling of people from room to room and how he had checked someone in earlier and once they got to the room, it was already occupied. He then stated that another couple came in and it appeared that a king room was available so he gave it to them (ironically it was a king room that my husband and I had reserved). They shuffled more papers, pointed fingers at others who had worked that day but still did not have a resolution. The manager as well as the attendant were so confused about who was in what room that they started going to rooms and knocking on the doors to make sure they were occupied. They even called a few rooms and asked the visitors what their last name was so they could confirm who was in which room. It was after 2 a.m. and this is how they were trying to resolve it.....by disturbing their visitors with phone calls and knocking on their doors at 2:15 a.m.!? At this point we were just exhausted and knew there was not a room to be had within 100 miles of Columbia. We hesitantly told the manager that we could resolve this by bunking up with one of our friends but they needed to compensate us somehow for this trouble. The manager refused to discuss any discounts and as we grew more angry, he took the papers and headed to his office and said he would call the cops on us. Call the cops? Are you kidding?! They gave our room away, it's 2:30 a.m., we have to now bunk with another family, someone will have to sleep on the hotel floor and now he's going to call the cops because we are upset? At this point my husband and I were so disgusted that we grabbed our bags out of our friends room and decided we would drive home - 250 miles - at 2:30 am. The manager never came out of the office as we were leaving and when one of our friends called out from the front desk to him in the offce telling that we had resolved the issue, he came out of the office to find out how....when told we would be driving home at 2:30 he said "good". Not once did this manager or attendant apologize for this incident or take any responsibility in any way. It was obvious to us that the the manager was only concerned in finding out who made the mistake. Everyone makes mistakes and we would have accepted that if they had actually admitted to the mistake and tried to make it right in some way. This was some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DMyers97
Cairo, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed two nights while our daughter stayed in the hospital. Very easy access to 1-70 and Highway 63, many restaurants and shops nearby, and close to downtown Columbia. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The free hot breakfast was very good. The pool was very nice and large enough for several people. They offer a nice hospital discount stay. Overall, very nice place and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple