“Overnight Weekend Stay”

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Kentucky
“Overnight Weekend Stay”
Reviewed March 19, 2007

This hotel was a great stay for us with few negatives.

First the good stuff:
The hotel staff was terrific! While I was checking in I even overheard the manager award an active Army serviceman a free upgrade just to say thanks for all our military was doing for us. The beds in the rooms were also terrific and very comfortable. The hotel has great facilities. Pool is adequate. Exercise room is by far one of the best equipped I have ever seen. Great coffee shop and there is even a Picadilly's restaraunt on grounds. But the best part of this property may be its central location across from the Columbia Mall. The hotel room also boasted THE BEST TV I HAVE EVER HAD IN ANY ROOM EVER!!! Huge Plasma! Great for watching the NCAA tourney!

However a few negatives: Room was clean but there was some staining on ceiling and walls. Rooms were a bit dated. And the room service which is ran by a sports bar and not the hotel was slow, rude, and a terrible overall eating experience. We simply ordered three medium well burgers...and all came back very, very red. And they forgot our appetizer. When we called to complain...they said there was nothing they coud do because they had closed the kitchen. To the hotel's credit though, I simply shared our story and they reimbursed meal without hesitation.

Overall, A great place to stay, but would be leary of doing room service again!

• Liked — PLASMA TV
  • Disliked — Room Service from the Sports Bar
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank wesl3237

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Northwest MO
Reviewed October 8, 2006

It was a busy weekend with what appeared a kids soccer tourney, but we never heard kids in the halls, or doors slamming.
It was quiet hotel and staff professional. Check in is 4, but allowed us to check in at noon, since we were traveling farther east for the day and didn't want to leave luggage in the car. Clean room and lovely grounds and ample parking. Check out was heckic in the lobby, but they took care of us with smiles and quickly we were on our way.
I would recommend for a stay going through town, or if you are spending the weekend in town. Convenient to highway access and local attractions.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you are visiting Hermann (1 hr east of Columbia) don't bother. Not even worth it.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
6 Thank liha
Galveston, TX
Reviewed July 25, 2006

I had another very pleasant stay at this hotel. The hotel staff is very attentive and always make me feel welcome. The extra amenities they have including the pools, hot tub, huge exercise facilitiy and masseuse are wonderful options that I take advantage of. My most recent stay was over Show Me State games weekend and it was extremely busy but handled quite efficiently by the very professional staff. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone traveling through central Missouri.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — having to go home
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank emurphy
Reviewed July 17, 2006

Checked in at 2:00 a.m. and found the AGM doing the audit. He was great! Smiling, friendly and very helpful. Printed a map for us to get to our soccer game the next evening and even got us an extra blanket at 2:00 a.m.
At check out, everyone was friendly and breakfast was great.

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2006

This is one of the worst stays I have had in any hotel ever. The hotel lobby has people smoking at all hours and the whole place smells foul. At night I could not sleep due to the bright lights streaming in from the lobby. Calling the front desk did nothing to help. The beds were pretty uncomfortable too and I did not get any sleep at all.

To add to all this, my wife accidently left her wallet in the bedside drawer and we checked out. We returned 4 hours later when we realized and the wallet was gone. The hotel let us into the room (after debating for a while) but the wallet was gone. The hotel did not give us any help w.r.t the loss. We left the hotel and then called them to get the local police office but they put me on interminable hold and then hung up! We had to use directory assistance to find the local police station to report the loss. We needed the police report since my wife's photo ID was in the wallet. It was a very painful experience. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. This one cost us $400 in add'l expenses, a lot of which could have been avoided had the hotel been more helpful in getting us on our way. The main expense, the flight re-booking cost, was wholly avoidable had we not had to run around for 2 hours trying to find the police station!! Terrible service... Overall, a depressing experience.. I've had better stays in bad hotels in third world countries.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2006

I had another wonderful stay at this hotel. I am a Platinum Priority club member and without even asking was upgraded to a room with a very comfortable bed and a plasma tv by an extrememly pleasant front desk girl. The hotel was clean and busy, as it always seems to be when I visit. They have an excellent restaurant in Churchill's the breakfast was just ok but free with my room rate. All in all I really like this place and the only real drawback is that it is extremely busy and sometimes I can't get in for under 150.00, if at all.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2006

This situation was a "Coach" had made reservations a month ago, and may have been told of a two night minimum charge on "event dates". We however were not forwarded that important info and was not told at time of check in. We were charged full cost of the second night we did not stay. Per manager there are "NO EXCEPTIONS" of this year old rule. Customer service? ? ?

• Stayed March 2006