“This hotel is amazing!!”

Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We just had a huge family celebration and used the Holiday Inn Executive Center as our hotel. The staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating and the facility is amazing. The rooms were large and immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. Much of the hotel is newly remodeled and there were plenty of places our large party could all be together to visit or eat or even gather poolside. We also had a number of really great meals at the hotel restaurant (SportZone). Since I organized our family gathering, I was given a lot of kudos for picking such a great hotel. Whether traveling by 1 or 2 or 20 or more, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Executive Center!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

It's always wonderful to hear when a guest has truly had a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Upon arrival, it was very quiet there coming off of Memorial Day. The person at reception was very friendly and thanked me for being a member. I appreciated the additional security within the hallways requiring a room key to access the hallway of the rooms.
The room was very clean and well appointed with a nice new tiled shower.

I had arranged for a predetermined delivery time of breakfast the next morning and here was the outcome:
1) the food was 35 minutes late really throwing my day off schedule
2) the order was wrong
3) there were no condiments for the food
4) there were no condiments for the coffee
5) there was NO silverware! after catching the guy, I got an apology and promise of prompt return
6) Never saw the silverware put all the food out into the hallway and called the front desk and was promised a phone call by the manager

I checked out an hour later and I had expressed that I was not important enough to call, that maybe after my review, that it might finally warrant a call so I can understand their service, practices and customer appreciation. I did not feel valued here and after staying in 4 hotels in 4 different cities in the last 9 days I guess I was least impressed here.

I may opt for Hampton Inn next time, as I have stayed there before and was very happy. This was an opportunity to check out somewhere else and I'm sorry I lost my time here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear EWBrown, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please let us apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered during your stay. We appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative, to ensure we provide the best level of service possible. Once again, we apologize for the mundane experience and appreciate your review and the opportunity to personally apologize.
Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My fiancé and I had our wedding reception this past Memorial Day weekend at the Holiday Inn- Executive Center. Everything was absolutely perfect! The staff was courteous and attentive and they did everything possible to make our night a success. Rain- the wedding coordinator there- is a jewel and she was instrumental in making everything run smoothly! We stayed the night in one of their Sky Suites and it was AMAZING. It was clean and spacious and the views were gorgeous. The bed was very comfortable and I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day. We requested a couple of items a few times (toothbrush, luggage cart, etc) and the staff had it up to our room in under five minutes, each time. The SportsZone was delicious for the few meals we had there, and we absolutely loved hanging out with our wedding guests in their newly remodeled atrium area. If you're coming to Columbia, stay here!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Congratulations! We're so happy to have helped make your wedding day special! Thank you for your wonderful review.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I attended the DAR State Convention the first weekend in May. The front desk was very helpful when we realized we were missing something we needed. I asked for a few sheets of blank paper and he was happy to give me more than I asked for. We stayed two nights and ate 5 meals. The room was average and the mirror was dirty but we were not in the room that much. The meals were served to very large groups. We may have had close to 500 people at one of the meals. The meals were all served promptly and the food was good. I thought the meeting rooms were very cold but I know this is a personal thing. I think you would be happy if you held a convention here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
hotelstaff1234, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will certainly look into your comment concerning the bathroom mirror but are happy you overall had a very successful conference with us.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the very near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

On the second night of our cross-country trip, we decided to stop in Columbia just to visit with my niece in college. While riding shotgun, I booked the room using the IHG link from Trip Advisor. Being a Priority Club member, they already have all my information making it very easy.

We had no problem finding a parking place for the big truck and we found the place to be very busy with various school groups in town for some event. Once checking in, we awaited the arrival of my niece and proceeded to the lounge for a drink. You can’t go wrong with Guinness on-tap.

This Holiday Inn is an older property and is showing its age. The elevators were particularly slow and seemed to groan upon movement. Despite its age, it was maintained well enough and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I live in Columbia so don't typically get the chance to stay in local hotels. But I booked this hotel last weekend for some friends that were visiting. It's probably the biggest hotel in town and typically hosts visiting sports teams and conventions. I was glad to see that they have updated the common areas. The lobby and lounge areas actually looked pretty nice. They have a great gym, much larger than most hotels and the pool is nice. I liked that it was deep which you don't find that often anymore. Something I appreciate since I'm 6'2". The rooms were ok, nothing fancy but what you would expect at a Holiday Inn. I would probably give this hotel an average rating if I only saw the common areas and rooms, but the bathrooms are what caused me to give a poor rating. The bathrooms are terrible and are in serious need of updating. They look like a motel from the 70s or 80s. Take a look at the pictures I'm attaching to my review and I'm sure you'll agree the bathroom is very dated. If they invest in the bathrooms, I think this hotel could be turned around and more competitive. But until they do so, I would suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank John S
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear John S., Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We appreciate all the kind acknowledgements about our recently renovated lobby, common areas and fitness center. We would like to apologize you found our bathrooms to be dated, however we are currently in the process of updating. Once again, thank you for your review!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel was way better than it looks on the outside, the staff is really nice, it was really clean, and it seems that they have gone out of their way to make you feel like you are staying in a wonderful hotel. I expected it to be like every other small town hotel. The only thing I can complain about is the room and the price, and both of these were rather small complaints. I should also warn you that I stayed in the Executive Center- they did try and make this area feel different from the rest of the hotel. You had to slid your card to get into this section of the hotel and they had nicer decorations. I don't know if the rooms were different. I paid for the Executive Center because I wanted the free breakfast and nightly drinks.
I was a bit upset about the price. It was more than I thought it should be considering I was in Columbia Missouri but I figure that was because there was a conference going on in the hotel that weekend and I didn't want to have to leave the hotel to attend. I knew I was paying extra just for the convenience.
My room was really nice and it seemed like they took extra steps to make the room nice. Mouthwash and a Keurig coffee machine sorta topped off the room. I was happy in the room. However, there was mold in the room by the window. It wasn't like a bit of mold that was the result of not being washed it was like water had leaked into the room for several months and caused the wall to start to mold away. They had it covered up with the curtain. I would never have noticed had I not dropped by shoe under the curtain. I didn't smell the mold when I was in the room, even after I noticed it was there I just always wonder if that stuff is bad for your lungs. The only other annoying thing was that I could hear the hallway door opening and closing at night when people went into their room. The thing that slowed the door down was squeaking. However, I think they were replacing all these when I was there and I never noticed when I was trying to fall asleep.
The fitness center was great. Lots of equipment and it was very clean. They were re-doing the pool when I was there too. Should be really nice this summer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Joseph E.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will absolutely look into your comment concerning the windows. Your concern is important to us and we know that each one of our guests deserves a clean and comfortable room when traveling away from home.

Thank you again for both your positive and constructive feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.