“Supprisingly Nice for Columbia”

Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Overland Park, Kansas
“Supprisingly Nice for Columbia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel was way better than it looks on the outside, the staff is really nice, it was really clean, and it seems that they have gone out of their way to make you feel like you are staying in a wonderful hotel. I expected it to be like every other small town hotel. The only thing I can complain about is the room and the price, and both of these were rather small complaints. I should also warn you that I stayed in the Executive Center- they did try and make this area feel different from the rest of the hotel. You had to slid your card to get into this section of the hotel and they had nicer decorations. I don't know if the rooms were different. I paid for the Executive Center because I wanted the free breakfast and nightly drinks.
I was a bit upset about the price. It was more than I thought it should be considering I was in Columbia Missouri but I figure that was because there was a conference going on in the hotel that weekend and I didn't want to have to leave the hotel to attend. I knew I was paying extra just for the convenience.
My room was really nice and it seemed like they took extra steps to make the room nice. Mouthwash and a Keurig coffee machine sorta topped off the room. I was happy in the room. However, there was mold in the room by the window. It wasn't like a bit of mold that was the result of not being washed it was like water had leaked into the room for several months and caused the wall to start to mold away. They had it covered up with the curtain. I would never have noticed had I not dropped by shoe under the curtain. I didn't smell the mold when I was in the room, even after I noticed it was there I just always wonder if that stuff is bad for your lungs. The only other annoying thing was that I could hear the hallway door opening and closing at night when people went into their room. The thing that slowed the door down was squeaking. However, I think they were replacing all these when I was there and I never noticed when I was trying to fall asleep.
The fitness center was great. Lots of equipment and it was very clean. They were re-doing the pool when I was there too. Should be really nice this summer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Joseph E.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will absolutely look into your comment concerning the windows. Your concern is important to us and we know that each one of our guests deserves a clean and comfortable room when traveling away from home.

Thank you again for both your positive and constructive feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sedalia, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had a little family outing one night after Christmas and decided to stay here. Good choice! Kids loved the pool and the Motel Staff were all so friendly!! The rooms were clean and we will return!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We are very excited you chose to stay with us on your overnight stay in Columbia. The great review you have given us is such a pleasure to hear. We take pride in our customer service and are very happy you and your family enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for your feedback!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel is just I-70 and was a great place to stay. Front desk staff was superb - friendly and efficient. Room was clean and well kept. The convention center exhibit area was good but needed some further upkeep - paint, etc. but overall a nice place to have a tradeshow. Weather was snowy and very cold and the staff took good care of the parking lot and entry way. I had an appetizer in the bar/lounge area and was greeted by friendly staff. Food was OK. Overall a great experience and I would come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Dave S., Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn. We always appreciate feedback, whether positive or negative, so we may improve upon our guest's stay. We're so happy to hear you had a pleasant visit and enjoyed the tradeshow. If you find yourself in the area again, please come back and see us!
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Our tour stopped here for two nights. The hotel is enormous, but extremely comfortable with clean, spacious rooms, good beds and pillows, and great public spaces. The WiFi is strong and reliable. The workout room practically gym-sized and very well appointed. And the SportZone restaurant and bar has a limited but satisfying menu. The staff is helpful and supportive. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
We are very excited you chose to stay with us during your time in Columbia! The great review you have given us is such a joy to hear. We're very happy you were able to take advantage of the restaurant, gym and WiFi. We hope to see you again on your next trip into town.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel many times! I have never had a bad experience with the room , the restaurant or the staff! I also love the new updates to the lobby and other area! The pool is not the nicest and doesn't have a hottub but overall it was a great experience ! The front desk was great and more then willing to help! I will return !

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you again in the future.
FT. Lee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I set in the bar, the manager was seating next to me he was more worry about his friends getting drinks than the customers, my glass was empty for 8 min before the bartender ask me if I wanted another drink, she was too busy pleasing the manager and BSing with friends then taking care of custumer, the manager right next to me getting drunk in stead of watching the business. Buy the way it is 11:00 pm on Sat 7 Dec 2013.

• Stayed December 2013
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We apologize for the manager in question. He was off duty but shouldn't have been there. Please note that this incident has been addressed and won't happen again. Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us!
Highland Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean, spacious rooms. JQueen beds seem to be doubles, but good mattresses, new bathroom with good water pressure. Lots of towels.

No hot water in shower. Reported to hotel by room phone. I was advised someone would be up "immediately." An hour later, no one arrived. I went downstairs to speak to the front desk and was told it was the boiler for our wing and it would be several hours. I wish I has been accurately advised of this initially.

At my request, I was provided access to another room with hot water, which I very much appreciated, but lost an hour from the lack of accurate communication initially.

There is a quiet floor (considering the number of visiting alumni for Mizzou games, a nice idea). But not offered when booking, so we used earplugs.

Overall condition of the hotel is clean, but a bit beat up. Probably hard to keep up with the abuse from rowdy game goers.

Staff was very cordial. Front desk was helpful.

Good exercise room. Nice lobby with a truly excellent build-your-own Bloody Mary bar.

Lots of parking.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AEBlumberg
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet expectations and please know that we’re actively working on trying to improve on the facilities and communication throughout our property. We’ll keep your concerns in mind as we evaluate our hotel. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.