“Just wonderful”

Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Just wonderful”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Our tour stopped here for two nights. The hotel is enormous, but extremely comfortable with clean, spacious rooms, good beds and pillows, and great public spaces. The WiFi is strong and reliable. The workout room practically gym-sized and very well appointed. And the SportZone restaurant and bar has a limited but satisfying menu. The staff is helpful and supportive. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
We are very excited you chose to stay with us during your time in Columbia! The great review you have given us is such a joy to hear. We're very happy you were able to take advantage of the restaurant, gym and WiFi. We hope to see you again on your next trip into town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel many times! I have never had a bad experience with the room , the restaurant or the staff! I also love the new updates to the lobby and other area! The pool is not the nicest and doesn't have a hottub but overall it was a great experience ! The front desk was great and more then willing to help! I will return !

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you again in the future.
FT. Lee
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I set in the bar, the manager was seating next to me he was more worry about his friends getting drinks than the customers, my glass was empty for 8 min before the bartender ask me if I wanted another drink, she was too busy pleasing the manager and BSing with friends then taking care of custumer, the manager right next to me getting drunk in stead of watching the business. Buy the way it is 11:00 pm on Sat 7 Dec 2013.

• Stayed December 2013
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We apologize for the manager in question. He was off duty but shouldn't have been there. Please note that this incident has been addressed and won't happen again. Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us!
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean, spacious rooms. JQueen beds seem to be doubles, but good mattresses, new bathroom with good water pressure. Lots of towels.

No hot water in shower. Reported to hotel by room phone. I was advised someone would be up "immediately." An hour later, no one arrived. I went downstairs to speak to the front desk and was told it was the boiler for our wing and it would be several hours. I wish I has been accurately advised of this initially.

At my request, I was provided access to another room with hot water, which I very much appreciated, but lost an hour from the lack of accurate communication initially.

There is a quiet floor (considering the number of visiting alumni for Mizzou games, a nice idea). But not offered when booking, so we used earplugs.

Overall condition of the hotel is clean, but a bit beat up. Probably hard to keep up with the abuse from rowdy game goers.

Staff was very cordial. Front desk was helpful.

Good exercise room. Nice lobby with a truly excellent build-your-own Bloody Mary bar.

Lots of parking.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AEBlumberg
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet expectations and please know that we’re actively working on trying to improve on the facilities and communication throughout our property. We’ll keep your concerns in mind as we evaluate our hotel. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Lincoln, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Recently spent two nights at this motel to attend a state convention. I had my doubt's there would be enough room to pull off an event with over 800 attendees. But they did it. The food was delicious. The facilities were nice and well kept. The price of the room however was a little pricey for what it was - $102 a night. When I made my reservations I requested two queen-size beds, I was given ones that seemed more like 3/4 beds. I was glad we only ended up with two in a room instead of three or four.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you again for not only your feedback but also choosing to stay with us. We're glad your convention ran smoothly and you enjoyed the food and facilities on our property. We do apologize for the bed confusion but we hope to make it up to you in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Columbia soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying here for a large work conference. Last year, I did not have hot water for my shower either morning and the food was bad. This year was even worse.

I had very little hot water the first morning and absolutely none the second morning. I told the front desk about the hot water after the first morning and thought it would be better the second morning but it was not. I called the front desk the second morning and all I got was "there's really nothing I can do, I am the only one here and no one from maintenance is here." Yeah, great response. When I checked out, I told the girl who was working then and she was very sweet and apologized. I don't care if 200 people are showering at the same time, if you call yourself an executive center, you better have enough hot water for 200 people!

You can hear the entire conversation of people in the next room and the hallways are loud all the time.

The food served during the conference was bad and I heard of a few of my colleagues who got sick. The vegetarian meals actually looked better than the rest so if we have to have a conference here again, I will get that.

I will never stay here by my own choice (only when I have to for a work conference). There are too many other good hotels in Columbia for the same price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Azdmelissa
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Azdmelissa, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate you had a negative experience with the hot water and food selection. We do appreciate all the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. We will make note of your comments and use them to make the hotel better. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in October. Very noisy. We could hear people walking by, talking, through the door, the walls...It was a football weekend, and we did not come for the game. The price was quite high for this chain, probably because of the high demand weekend. The hotel is in a fine location if visiting Mizzou. The sheets were very old, definitely need replacing! and so were the towels. Would have complained if we weren't sooo tired. Guest services was very prompt and polite in fulfilling our request for extra towels and the service was very good. The rooms are really 2 star rooms, though.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep quietly, perhaps there's a request you can make. Our room on the 2nd floor...