“What a change from. Last visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia

Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Joplin
“What a change from. Last visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

They have really modernized the place I didn't recognize the hotel from the time I walked in. They have always been very friendly but now the hotel matches the service I eat in the sports bar it was average but service was good

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is not my first time staying at this hotel. I was a frequent guest in the early 2000's but haven't been here in many years. Hotel lobby and exterior has had major upgrades and looks very good. Plenty of loud drunks in the lobby to welcome me.

Once you step on the elevators, it's a different story. Elevators are loud and old. They need to be remodeled.

Stepped onto my floor and felt like I was walking on 1970's casino style carpeting.

Room was ok. Decent bed. Had to call maintenance to get HBO going on my TV. Was difficult to change channels as they have a funky desktop box that you have to aim the remote control at.

Bathroom needs to be remodeled. Tub drained slowly and water pressure from the shower was poor. The shower head looks like it was invented by a caveman.

They should have saved some money on the lobby renovations and renovated the rooms more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear HGfromOmaha,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us.We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It has been 18 months since we stayed here and what a diffference. The redone lobby and the updated rooms are beautifully done. The hotel needed a real freshening up and this new attitude permeates the hotel, from the friendly staff to the comfortable rooms and plush beds. Restaurant could use a bit of updating but one step at a time. When we were here 18 months ago, the hotel was showing its age and the front desk was rude. Completely opposite this time with great service and a lovely redo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was very pleased with this HI. The lobby, pool and rooms are all very well kept and n great condition. The bed was very goodand felt almost new. The showerhead was the best of any I have experienced in a hotel. I have a large TV and the rooms were very quite and clean. The resturant attached to the hotel was good and reasonably priced but the menu was a little lacking. The breakfast buffet was great. I will be staying here each time I travel to Columbia.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for the executive room if you are a member of Priority Club and qualify.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is several years old and it appeared to have fresh paint and that the front desk had been renovated. The staff was friendly and it was clean. The walls are thin, so you can hear people talking and the TVs in the rooms around you. There was a large gap under the door that let in a lot of light. Very noticeable is the plumbing. You will hear everyone's toilet flesh in all the rooms around you. They are very loud. You will also know when everyone is taking a shower. Coffee pot in the room would turn on, but would not work. The sink in the bathroom is at an angle, so you are not facing the mirror when you stand at it. Overall, okay for business.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
South Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I shouldn't have. All was well, right up to the point that they went up on my rate. Why? Because of a football game. I asked what I would be getting extra for the 75.00 a night EXTRA. I got the deer in the headlight look. I stayed there ONE night with the PRICE GOUGING. I stayed my remaining 5 weeks elsewhere as did I instruct our employees (12 rooms) to do the same. ( They were only there for 28 days). That is trickle down economics folks! I will NEVER put a shadow on this property again! Price gouging is wrong!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Rolla, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Daughter, grandson and I stayed there for a soccer tournament. We stayed there and spent $364 for lodging, but with the $75 rebate it was within our budget. However, I've called and sent numerous emails and still no rebate. Suppose they do this on purpose so they don't have to pay it? They keep referring me to an automated 800# that hangs up on you. :0) Plus, no security or staff to stop the running in the halls ALL night. Pool area was filthy. Bummer!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family