Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia
The Tiger Hotel(Columbia)
$159
$143
  • Restaurant
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$84
$93
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$65
$129
$75
Country Inn
$152
$147
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$92
$90
Staybridge.com
$137
$124
$104
$101
Hotels.com
All reviewssports barexecutive floorsports zoneindoor and outdoor poolsthe hotel was fully bookedtwo double bedscoffee makerfront desk staffbusiness travelerfitness centerrooms are niceeasy accessfree breakfastconventionpillowsmofacility
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was very pleased with this HI. The lobby, pool and rooms are all very well kept and n great condition. The bed was very goodand felt almost new. The showerhead was the best of any I have experienced in a hotel. I have a large TV and the rooms were very quite and clean. The resturant attached to the hotel was good and reasonably priced but the menu was a little lacking. The breakfast buffet was great. I will be staying here each time I travel to Columbia.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for the executive room if you are a member of Priority Club and qualify.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is several years old and it appeared to have fresh paint and that the front desk had been renovated. The staff was friendly and it was clean. The walls are thin, so you can hear people talking and the TVs in the rooms around you. There was a large gap under the door that let in a lot of light. Very noticeable is the plumbing. You will hear everyone's toilet flesh in all the rooms around you. They are very loud. You will also know when everyone is taking a shower. Coffee pot in the room would turn on, but would not work. The sink in the bathroom is at an angle, so you are not facing the mirror when you stand at it. Overall, okay for business.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I shouldn't have. All was well, right up to the point that they went up on my rate. Why? Because of a football game. I asked what I would be getting extra for the 75.00 a night EXTRA. I got the deer in the headlight look. I stayed there ONE night with the PRICE GOUGING. I stayed my remaining 5 weeks elsewhere as did I instruct our employees (12 rooms) to do the same. ( They were only there for 28 days). That is trickle down economics folks! I will NEVER put a shadow on this property again! Price gouging is wrong!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Daughter, grandson and I stayed there for a soccer tournament. We stayed there and spent $364 for lodging, but with the $75 rebate it was within our budget. However, I've called and sent numerous emails and still no rebate. Suppose they do this on purpose so they don't have to pay it? They keep referring me to an automated 800# that hangs up on you. :0) Plus, no security or staff to stop the running in the halls ALL night. Pool area was filthy. Bummer!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karla S
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have a long history with the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Columbia, first having stayed here over 20 years ago. At that time, I thought of this as the premier hotel in Columbia, a place with great rooms and a fantastic location across from the Columbia Mall. However, I hadn't been to the hotel in probably 15 years until a recent stay brought me back.

Upon my return, I found seemingly the same hotel I last visited in the mid-1990s. While it was great then, like all of us who've aged since 1996 a little TLC is needed. Nothing serious, but a few updates here and there - especially in the common areas of the hotel - would help immensely.

Though the hotel is showing its age, I don't want to make it sound like this is a bad place to stay. It's not. My room was comfortable and quiet and I was able to get a good night's sleep. The gym was fantastic - one of the best I've seen at a hotel! And the location - right off of I-70 with easy access to Columbia's shopping and the Mizzou campus - remains an asset.

That said, I've been in much nicer, newer hotels in Columbia recently and much nicer Holiday Inns too. For my money, this is no longer the premier hotel in the area. It's still a nice place to stay, but definitely needs some renovations to return the facility to its status as Columbia's go-to hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business