“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Columbia
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here for a conference for work. Took a shower one morning with no hot water and heard many others did too. The food was average, a few good meals and a few average meals. Room served my purposes. Staff was friendly. Gym facility is nice for a hotel. Would probably only stay here again for a conference for work, not for personal. They did allow us to check in early, so that was beneficial.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Joplin, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant stay for a weekend conference. The rooms are spacious, and were recently remodled. The bathrooms are a bit outdated, but very functional. The food was good, and actually the buffet during the conference was better than many I have been served previously. The meeting rooms were above average and all of the staff were very helpful. I would recommend this site for any meeting or conference.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank grandma80401
Naples
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent 4 nights here early October. Asked for a renovated room since I had read on TripAdvisor that they were in a renovation process. Our room did have a new bathroom....nice, clean, good towels, good shower. However, there was not one towel bar to hang a towel on. A good magnification mirror was there too. The room itself nor the mattress was new or renovated. There was a flat screen TV however. It seemed as if they just stopped updating...the carpet had dust in every corner, crumbs under the TV console. The hallway needed cleaning up. The lobby just so-so. The staff at the front desk very friendly and helpful. Had coffee available most mornings. The fitness center was very good and clean. Also, I observed clean linen ( a stack) on the hallway floor (dirty carpet), yuck. I did mention this to the maid and she said she would not use it then....it was there to go on her cart. Very poor practice...I do expect clean, sanitary towels and sheets at any hotel. Someone at the hotel needs to do some teaching for the cleaning staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
morfeo3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My company recently hosted a seminar at this location. I stayed there the night before. The hotel is currently renovations so I expect the rooms will look much nicer very soon

The room I had was large with a huge bathroom. Albeit the bathroom was outdated, I believe this is being updated.
I must say the sheets were velvety smooth and soft so I fell asleep almost immediately. Bonus points for them.

I also used the awesome gym. It's well equipped with aerobic equipment and weight lifting equipment as well.

Jimmy was great as our contact for the seminar we hosted. I had a minor injury to my hand and made sure I had everything close by so I wouldn't have to use to my hand.

Check in staff were also very nice. I would stay here again no doubt.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the years. I don't know that there's a nicer high-quality chain hotel in Coiumbia. The rooms are good-sized, the beds comfortable with several kinds of pillows, the bathrooms clean and the showers work. The high-speed internet is free in the meeting rooms (hurray!) and free in the rooms (double-hurray!) so if you are a working person, you can easily manage your office while on the road. The meal service at the convention was good, with the exception of the pork with snap peas we had -- I think the dish needs a sauce. Others said their meet was overcooked. At any rate, it was the only sub-quality meal we had -- the others we4re great.

Warning: The Starbucks at the mall across the street is NOT a Starbucks coffee shop. It's a Barnes & Noble Starbucks -- your starbucks card is worthless there. A minor frustration that had NOTHING to do with the hotel.

Room Tip: Once while there (not this trip), I had a room overlooking the indoor pool. I liked that, but some...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Windermere, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very poorly staffed most of the time. The attached Sports Grille has a very inexperienced staff. And on the Saturday night that I was there, the place was packed and they had only two bar tenders. It took most people at least 20 or more minutes to place an order. Finally we went to another place. Do not allow yourself to stay on the 1st Floor. The corridor smell is terrible.

Room Tip: Better bet is the Holiday Express directly 2 miles East just off of I70: smaller, more convenient, c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Hma8319,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the poor service you received from our staff and the corridors. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ketchum, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

A welcome oasis on I-70, in Columbus Mo.
This Holiday Inn has a resort feel in Mo!
Beautiful Buffet Breakfast, Comfy beds with wonderful pillows!
Traveling 10 hours a day with a penski truck , this was a treat to see such a
wonderful hotel in Columbis. We made the reservation on the road. Evidently there are 2 Holiday Inn hotels in Columbia. We got off the interstate going East. You can see from the freeway, very quiet and PET friendly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family