“Never Again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Budget Host Columbia
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2005

Although the front desk service was great, the room was filthy. The walls in the bathroom had stains all over them (especially next to the toilet), the floor was sticky and dirty, the tub had a black ring in it, and the shower head didn't work. When I leaned against the headboard to watch television, my hair stuck to it. The screen on the vent above the front door hadn't been cleaned in ages, and was full of cobwebs and dirt, and the airconditioner had to be on high cool and #8 all night to keep the room semi comfortable. I paid $60 for one night and find these conditions to be wholly unacceptable. The neighbors kept me up until 4:30 am being noisy and it took two calls to the front desk to get help. I understand that this is an older hotel, but the cleanliness should have nothing to do with the age. I have already informed the front desk of all these issues and also emailed the company, however, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless it is completely remodeled.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2004

Although I am used to staying at 5 star hotels, I gave the travelodge a try for a 2 night stay. I booked the room over the internet for a good price. Upon arrival, I was promptly checked into a non-smoking double room as requested. The room was a standard motel type. The bathroom was small but well kept. The showers had good water pressure. The towels were clean and fluffy. There was cable TV, a complimentary coffee pot and a hair dryer --all in good working order. The mattresses were clean, hard but not sagging. The box springs however were stained and old and the drapes were worn. No sheers were on the windows, for when you want to let light in but still have a little privacy. I would call this a good budget motel if you do indeed book it for a reasonable price. The day I checked in was a tournament weekend and I overheard customers being quoted a much higher price because avaibility was getting scarce.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2003

I decided to stay at Travelodge while on business because of the road sign. Service was excellent- Tonya was especially helpful. In my opinion, my room, and the property were well above average. Excellent value for the price I paid.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member