“Drive on by!”

Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Neosho, Missouri
“Drive on by!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This motel is so run down, I think it's well past the renovation stage. I'm thinking a bulldozer is the only solution to all of their problems. AC didn't work...replacement unit didn't work either. Unless you're so tired you just can't drive any further, please just drive on by! The only positive thing I can say about this place is the people who worked there were very nice to us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
TravelodgeColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Guest, We do apologize for the inconveneince you experiened with the HVAC unit, during your stay. Being a larger property, we have been gradually repalcing all the units during the past 1 1/2 years an are almost at the tail end of the project. We do repair and repalce all items in the rooms as necessary over the course of each year. However, we appreciate your positive comments regarding the staff as we pride ourselves for our service. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and have a more positive experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had no unpleasant surprises during our one night stay. Our group had two rooms, and we had no complaints.
It is clear that the motel is run down, so the obvious wear of the bathroom tile, sink, and TV did not bother me. If you must have the newest amenities, this is not the place for you. Everything was very clean. The property is very large with three buildings, all two stories each. The rooms doors are exterior, so do not expect a sound-free evening.
I am not the one who checked in our group, so I can't speak about the friendliness of the staff. I did see that they were preparing the pool for summer. We slept very well in the comfy bed despite a noisy rainstorm and a couple of people checking in late. Unfortunately, we had to leave earlier than expected, so I cannot comment about the breakfast or the shower.

If we need to stay in Columbia again, we have no reason to look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012
TravelodgeColumbia, Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
We appreciate genuine feedback from our guests and are pleased when they have found their stay to be satisfactory. We do serve breakfast and are always focused on excellent service. Thanks to our guests that keep coming back and to new guests that are willing to give us an opportunity to extend our hospitality and services.
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The front (at least) building of this old fashioned motel where I stayed for a week on a very low Priceline bid, is incredibly run down. Soft, sloping floors. Wracked cut-down doors. Exterior walls that shake in the breeze. Hard to believe it hasn't been condemned by the building safety inspection. But in what must have been an heroic effort by the contractor, it has been recently papered and painted over to pretty much resemble the standard Travelodge decoration scheme.

The lobby, however, is pretty nice with all the standard amenities, and the staff, who undoubtedly must have to put up with a tremendous load of crap from unhappy clientele, are very professional and professionally friendly and falling over themselves to be helpful.

Just off the freeway in a car-lot district I was surprised that morning bird-song was louder than the traffic. I even heard an unusually high pitched great horned.

Room Tip: My review describes the first floor of the front building. It's possible that the upper floor or...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
TravelodgeColumbia, Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
We do appreciate the positive feedback regarding the staff and the lobby. It is an older hotel and we have done extensive work on the exterior. We sincerely apologize that the room did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of refinishing the doors now that the weather is cooperating. We were glad to note that amidst all the unpleasant highway noises you were able to enjoy some pleasant bird song. We will be working on making improvements all through the summer and hope that future guests will experience a more pleasant and satisfactory stay.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at Travelodge in Columbia Mo. I was just in town to do a little shopping, and found it to be for the most part convenient and accommodating. While its obvious that hotel isn't a recent build, I think the staff there did a good job keeping it presentable. The staff at the desk were ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. You would have thought you were at the Four Seasons if you didn't know any better. They gave me directions to my destinations, recommended a suitable restraunt, and gave me faster direction out of town. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and a clean breakfast area. The rooms were dated, but suprisingly clean!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Columbia, who is value minded.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
We would like to thank our guest for the positive comments as we try our best to make each and every guest's stay pleasant and memorable. We are especially thankful as generally guests tend to express only concerns and seldom take time to express positive comments. So thanks again.
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed November 30, 2011

did not lke the shower had rust from the celing and the floor had cracks and holes in them

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
We sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. We would like to thank you for your input and would like to assure you that the issues in this room have been addressed.
Thank you and our apologies once again.
Iowa
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here 10/14/11. I asked to be moved from my first room because of a cricket in the room and the odor. The 2nd room was even worse, and a layer of dust covered everything, including the showerhead. The first room also had mouse droppings under the dresser. (I moved it trying to find the cricket.)
I was with a group of folks, so going to another hotel wasn't viable, especially at midnight. But when I asked for my bill to be adjusted, the offer they made meant I would have spent about $120 on a pigpen. I asked to talk to the general manager, who would not speak to me. In fact, the assistant manager hung up on me!
Do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
We do apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay. Some situations are difficult to contend with such as the entry of small bugs into outside entrance rooms when the doors are opened and closed frequently. We did compensate the guest by refunding the full amount of his stay and believe that we did meet his expectations of a satisfactory resolution.
greentop, mo
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The room was musty smelling, and had mold in the bathroom. The pillows and sheets had hair on them from the last people staying there. When we asked for different ones, we was refused, and told they were changed daily. There was used qtips on the bathroom floor. Went to use the ice machine, and it was so dirty, I changed my mind. There was a total of 7 cars in the whole place, and they placed all of us next to each other! My husband and I had to listen to noisy children and load parents through the paper thin walls all night! The management (who had broken English at best) wasn't considerate enough to spread everyone out so we could have had a quite stay. I was very disappointed in the breakfast, which looked left over and stale.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
TravelodgeColumbia, Front Office Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
We apologize for the miscommunication you had with a member of our staff. While all managers and most front desk staff speak fluent and proper English, we do have a few staff members who cannot speak it so well. We believe you may have spoke with a gentleman who works some late evening shifts and he did not get his point across properly. All sheets are replaced after the guest checks out. The gentleman with whom you spoke was probably trying to assure you that the sheets were fresh, rather than deny your room a new set. We keep clean towels and sheets at the front desk for requests such as yours and apologize that yours was not fulfilled. With 160 rooms, even at 40% occupancy, our property can appear barren, and we apologize that you felt you were roomed too close to other guests. Certain room types are located in certain areas and the room a guest is assigned is based on the requested room type. On several occasions, similar room types are rented and hence, the front desk staff will have no other choice but to assign guest rooms in close proximity. We strive to meet the needs of all our guests and once again apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.