“NEED TO DROP RATES”

Days Inn Columbia I-70
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I stay there this weekend and for the amount of money they was charge there was no referigerator and the room, no micro. no simple coff. for the coffe naker in the room. no cclosef place to put your clothes, the hall ways was cold, no simple shampoo, 1 of my beds sheets had red stuff on it.NO HOT MEAL. Nothing for $90.00 a night .I could have stay at a diff. hotel for a cheaper price and got more for my money.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank leolady09

Reviewed July 5, 2009

The good
It's close to the highway Exit 125 on MO I-70.
indoor swimming pool is decent.

The bad
I agree with most of the reviewers here concerning the cleanliness of the hotel. It definitely needs a lot of work.
The toilet does not flush properly in RM 103
The grounds is too near and too open to the highway and they lock the lobby on both sides (in and out) from 1100 pm to 0700 AM. So even though nothing happen to my car, security seems to be a bit of a concern.

The ugly
The staff is terrible. The afternoon clerk barely acknowledge my existence when we checked-in but he did wake me up at 1030 PM to make to come to the hotel lobby so that he could copy my credit card bacuase apparently he wa sunsure if the charges went through. It sounded a little fishy but since I was sleep deprived I allowed him to make a copy. The next day I did have enogh presence of mind to take the copy of my credit card when the charges did show up on the morning bill.
The mornign clerk tried to top this poor performance by not opening the breakfast hall at 0600 am on a friday. When I asked her why it wasn't opened she told me that it was supposed to open at 0700 am. Not wanting to argue, I told her that was fine but she might want to change her sign on the door that clearly staed that breakfast is served at 0600 am. She mere said that breakfast is served at 0700.
The incident may be too specific and would certainly not apply to all other traveller but it does show an alarming lack of customer service training for the staff of this hotel.
Defintiely not recommended. The only reason why I picked this place was that it allowed pets and only cost 6000 points of choicehotel points.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2008

I stayed just one night, got in late they had a room...It was a very clean and comfortable room, and quiet, which is a big thing for me!! And after I checked in, my car wouldn't start in the driveway. The next morning the manager did everyhting he could to find me some jumper cables, and we (Omar, an employee and I) went next door to U-haul for some. We used the managers (owner?) car to try and jump start mine, which didn't work. So after the maintnance guy, John, loaned me some tools, Omar gives me a ride down to the local O'reillys with the battery to have it checked. It's a long story, but I finally go the car fixed, but I wouldn't of been able to without the great help of the staff of the hotel, and the U-haul.
The breakfast area is a little small, but they are going to fix that. Evidently it is under new ownership, so they are trying to improve things, but it seemed good to me. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Booked the Travel Lodge and it was so bad that we made a call to the Econo Lodge they had rooms,
Went over there to check them out . Their rooms were LARGE and CLEAN. COOL air also that we had to keep turning it down. ( It was a busy 3 days for us as we attended the Red Power Roundup ).
We went back and packed up our stuff and checked out of the Travel Lodge. We did recieve a no charge for the days we had booked.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank YellowstonePatricia
Reviewed March 9, 2007

We just returned from staying at this hotel for a state swim meet. A team member had booked a group of rooms based on photos she had seen on the internet, which made the hotel seem quite acceptable. Unfortunately, when we arrived, several of the rooms that had been reserved as non-smoking rooms had been sold to other guests, leaving only smoking rooms despite the request for all non-smoking rooms. The desk staff was not particularly helpful or sympathetic to the needs of guests who had asthma and allergies and were unable to tolerate cigaratte smoke. The rooms were outdated and not particularly clean. The side access doors had broken locks so that anyone could enter from the parking lot without using a room key. We did not have the opportunity to use the pool, but it did seem fairly nice. The lobby was not open until 7:00 a.m., although we had to leave the hotel at 6:30 a.m., and so were not able to eat the breakfast that was included in the rate. The rate we paid was $89.95 plus tax ($101.00 total), which was highly overpriced for the quality of the room. In general , our stay was quite disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JA0905
A TripAdvisor Member
oakland, california
Reviewed June 5, 2005

I stayed at the Econo lodge driving through Columbia, MO on a cross-country drive. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable, and the motel staff is very helpful. Overall this is a good value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2004

Just want to say that we stopped in for a night at this Econo lodge in Columbia Missouri and the room was nice and clean, they also had a great INDOOR (was raining most of the time) pool and hot tub which my wife and kids enjoyed. All in all had a great stay

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member