“Cost too much for too little”

Days Inn Columbia I-70
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Muskogee
“Cost too much for too little”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here only because it was the only place I could get a room, due to Missouri Football Game. Cost $145.00 including tax. You'd think for that cost it might be a little nicer. Old, run down. The halls smelt of cigarettes. There was an old used wash cloth that was on the shower bar. Had been used but I guess they thought we wanted to reuse it without it being washed. Didn't want to walk on the floor without shoes on. Beds were ok, it looked dirty. Would not stay here again. Only thing I can say nice, the employees at the front desk were nice. I felt I was being ripped off at these prices.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jean5sons
GMColumbiaMO, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia I-70, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for giving feedback regarding your stay in our hotel. Please understand that rates are subject to change; this time mainly because of a special event. Our staff is happy to have received feedback that you have found them nice. We strive to keep every aspect of our hotel to your satisfaction. You may be assured that we will further improve our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
chicago
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our family traveled 200 miles looking for vacancies--we were so tired after driving 10 hours that we checked in so we could rest and clean up--This place is awful--I should have known better when I asked for a room and I had to deal with the clerk through bullet proof glass--my teenagers got a first hand look at what NOT to check in to--even they were groosed out by the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways and the less than adequate beds. I took off the bed spreads --the price was ridiculous and there was no breakfast offered....what a waste....I agree KEEP GOING OR PULL OFF BEFORE STAYING HERE

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank flamingoChicago
We appreciate the time you have given to post this feedback. Our hotel does have smoking rooms and areas. We can make arrangements for our guests to be put in a different room with different bed sizes that offered breakfast and away from smoking area. We do have them available and hope to show them to you next time choose to come over. Please know that your comfort is our business.
Miami
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

First room ac didn't even turn on. They moved us to another room, ac kept shutting off. Ended up sleeping with window open. Bed and bathroom were clean, I was afraid to step in carpet. If everything is booked try to keep driving and find something else.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are as disappointed as you are to have not met your expectations regarding the air conditioning units. We would like to inform you that our facilities have regular status checks and it was unfortunate that it malfunctioned during your stay. We are still having these checks done for you and for all our guests’ satisfaction.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We visited Columbia for the first time and chose this hotel for the location and price. Please do not stay there. First of all, the place is very run down and needs an overall makeover. The tubs are very slippery and I fell down out of the shower. Ouch. We had to call twice on a Saturday night because of loud, rude guests and apparently no one would do anything about it. They finally shut up at 1 am. There were people down the hall drinking and they left such a mess. I would have expected the staff to clean the mess up before we woke the next day, but they didn't care to. We had a horrible time and have asked for a refund, but they refuse. DO NOT STAY here. Find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, please. You will be sorry.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a comment. While we have no complete control over our guests’ behavior, we can simply ask them to be considerate to the other occupants. Our facilities may not seem to be as modern but they are checked for functionality. As for your accident, we apologize and will note to keep our all amenities safe.
VT
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant check-in, checkout. Area and some guests a little sketchy. Bed not great. Clean enough. Worth the price but no more. Wouldn't go back but wasn'grossed out either. A really mediocre experience.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for providing your comment. We value our guests experience and grateful that you have left good and bad points. We will see as to how we can top our previous efforts to make our guests happy. We hope next time to be part not only of your stay but your experience as well.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The room was very clean, and I did not notice any smells; usually I am very picky about that sort of thing. The pillows were a little thin, but I always bring my own to supplement, anyway. It was surprisingly quiet for how close it is to the interstate.

The swimming pool and hot tub were excellent, as the indoor pool is even heated. The hot tub could use a little maintenance, but I know those get pretty beat up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank msmythe365
Thank you giving us a realistic review. We appreciate that you understood that a few mishaps could possibly happen. We are happy to have been useful to you during your travel and should you be passing by, we warmly invite you to drop by.
Dazey, North Dakota
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The check-in process was fairly smooth and the night clerk was willing to deal on a room when presented with assorted coupons from competitors. Overall, the hotel was okay, but given another choice, I would have taken it. The place smelled like an old hotel--you know what I mean. The room and bathroom were clean enough for the price. Some updating of the property would help. I cannot comment on the breakfast as I checked out before it was ready. I got in late and left early, so it was a little dark the whole time I was there--probably for the better!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We value our customers opinion and thankful that you have shared yours. Your suggestion for the property upgrade is most welcome. We do make efforts to stay competitive in our locale. Please know that improvements to our amenities are in our management’s consideration.